Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

Those who said it was going to be easy to get, day one, were full of it. In my experience the expac is slanted toward skyriding. To do it all by ground must take near double the time. Has anyone here completed pf all by ground?

5 Likes

Not yet, I just made it to Hallow-fall on the campaign.

4 Likes

I’ve been a devoted fan & player of all things Warcraft for decades but not anymore! Not since they choose to lock the “accessibility” form of flying behind a Pathfinder achievement while other players who don’t need the accessibility are flying around to their hearts content. Their policy and treatment of players who need accommodations is egregious, and insulting.

7 Likes

It very much is.

4 Likes

So do many of the EA players in my guild. It’s not even difficult. If you don’t do it, you aren’t getting regular flight.

Everyone I ever raided with and are in my casual guild already are max level and have pathfinder, which is a pretty large group. That’s over 100 separate players.

Sorry to hear the news.

Hopefully things improve.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

How? You just need to do the MSQ and explore the zones. I had Pathfinder the moment I hit 80 and that took me 8 hours.

2 Likes

“THIS is the part that takes the longest, for those of us who are grounded until Pathfinder is unlocked.”

I mean I personally love Dragon riding or dynamic flying However you want to Say it I mean.

I’ve heard some people dislike it but most people I see love it I mean Maybe You’re mistaking the idea of people didn’t have a choice to switch back and forth ?

But most people I see like dynamic flying so I’m not sure what you mean.

“Me, I don’t ‘hate’ it. I just can’t use it, due to disabilities. So I wish they would remove pathfinder, and let us ALL fly.”
/smile

5 Likes

I completed Pathfinder yesterday, immediately toggled back to old flying and will leave it there for the rest of the expansion. Gating one form of flight but not the other was an utterly ridiculous move.

5 Likes

I grown to be ok with DFlight more so that I can now use any mount but a dragon.
I was over dragons post ESO and just about everything else that jumped on the pop wagon after Game of Thrones.

1 Like

There are very clear times when the different flight styles are advantageous. Having either locked behind pathfinder was a bone headed move made out stubborn childishness. Having to toggle between styles instead of being able to assign a style choice to each mount is straight up lazy.

Blizz can and should be better than this.

8 Likes

Where are all those white knights that kept posting it will only take 8 hrs to get your Steady flight …really…here it is Sunday after 3rd day of EA and I am still only level 75 …and its many many more hrs into the game then 8 now…you folks that it will only take 8 hr have no idea what’s so all how Disabled play in this game now…how much it mental and physical effort it takes to play…but hey your still a white knight to blizzards Pathfinder…good job…not.

7 Likes

Most of us have not time to come play PvP on the forums, we are actually too busy playing the game. Its actually really pretty good. I am spending a lot of time with my guildies getting everyone leveled and geared. Farming dungeons and shooting the breeze in discord.

1 Like

Agreed. PF must be removed.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

You answered your own question, people are, ya’know, playing early access XD

That’s on you, multiple of my guildies have finished the campaign and unlocked it. I’m 79 but im also doing all the side quests cause i enjoy it. Im not in a dash and expect to get after a week like i had guessed earlier.

You have had multiple people who are disabled disagree with you, and you have dismissed them for not being your “right” type of disabled. You are nothing but shameful, and have made rage and drama your whole identity over this while using people with disabilities as props and bludgeons and demonizing anyone and anything that doesn’t mindlessly agree with you 100% on everything.

From what Ive played honestly if you’re having this much trouble then Steady flight wouldn’t actually have changed much for you.

2 Likes

You need a dictionary, having flying day one and the easiest Pathfinder ever to unlock Steady mode is the opposite of reverting to SL and BFA.

You have nothing but hyperbole and lies.

2 Likes

I would of got PF unlock a a lot earlier but those side quest got me distracted. Its like James Woods with finding piece of candy “Ooh, a piece of candy! Ooh, a piece of candy! Ooh, a piece of candy!”

2 Likes