Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

I’m confused. How could you hover with Dragon Riding rebranded as “Sky Riding”. TBC aka rebranded as “Steady Flight” allows you to stay above the ground indefinitely especially if you AFK. They’ve also removed gaining back vigor from harvesting. Tried to find where it was moved but I couldn’t find it.

You get the vigor bonus when picking a certain gathering spec. For Herbalism it’s Botany:

Botany
Rank 0/40

• Gathering herbs in Khaz Algar will replenish 1 Vigor.- +30 Deftness while gathering herbs.

Ok, so that’s the next expansion. It was removed in this expansion which use to be part of the Skills and Unlocks. I might have the epic, but I didn’t buy it for beta access, that isn’t how beta access worked in the past and shouldn’t be part of a “feature to entice people to buy a particular version”.

1 Like

Hovering has nothing to do with Herbing.

Not everyone is of the same skill, nor is everyone capable of achieving the same levels of skill.

1 Like

You dont need to hover much. Skyriding’s Aerial Halt is enough. People who doesnt know what Aerial Halt is… has skill issue.

It does some things well and others not so well.
For travelling longer distances ita great and its fun.
For flying up a tree and landing on a branch, not so much and u can run out of energy which the legacy flying never would.

They are going to segregate features to the point of breaking the concept of DR being evergreen in all content.

This is just the start.

I have warned people about this.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

That’s a lie.

That is a balanced take indeed.

I’m literally posting on a character that has maxed out mining. Not just skill levels, but every knowledge point filled in.

2 Likes

IN other words if you try to go do older content you are penalized without the expansion unlock in TWW.

i’m skipping cinematics, passing up exploration, and auto accepting/turning in quests as fast as i can to get regular flight back. THEN i’ll take my time and enjoy the questing. but forced to the ground or into flight sim? i’ll pass.

8 Likes

100% with you on that.

1 Like

I hated it until i finally took some time to practice it, now i freaking love it !

1 Like

I played with stable flight for almost two decades and I don’t want to do this new dynamic thing. I’m not good at it, it makes me nervous, frankly, and it seems like the best ways to use it feel like I’m just exploiting the system. Just let me fly the way I want to fly, it feels stupid that I would owe anyone a “reason” beyond “I don’t prefer it to what we’ve always had.”

4 Likes

Almost nobody actually dislikes dragon riding. What’s happening on the forums creates a false impression that “dynamic flying” is really unpopular. Don’t fall for it. People in game use dynamic flight just fine, and if people really hated it so much, they would have quit by now.

1 Like

people who struggle with disabilities and simply can’t skyride have a good reason to hate it, I love it but I understand its not for everyone

6 Likes

You mean how I quit for 85% of DF? Because I did, and I’m only back because I can bypass that system by just leveling up. That and delves, I’m really interested in doing solo content that isn’t completely reward-irrelevant.

“Oh they would have quit by now.” Yeah, you’re right, I totally did.

4 Likes

Cause it’s dogcrap.

3 Likes

I don’t deny that there are players who really despise dynamic flight, but honestly the hue and cry about it has only started as The War Within ramps up, and while the minority is extremely vocal, it’s my belief that they are a tiny minority, and the ship, as it were, has sailed. The expansion is here. Flight works how it works. The horse is dead and beaten into so many pieces you can’t even tell what it was originally.