Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

It doesn’t matter if they are not the same.

Gating one over another means that they are punishing player for trying to use both tools.

This is a reasonable response. Thank you,.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

not relaxing - I like to be able to stop and hover in the area if I need a break or get distracted. You have to be constantly monitoring and paying attention in skyriding.

3 Likes

They pushed RealID hard too. Customers said they didn’t like it and they dropped it.

It’s unlikely PF be removed before TWW, but people will continue to voice their dislike for future expansions

1 Like

I think PF will be removed for TWW sooner than most think.

BlizZard will look at the data and will back off from patchfinder shenanigans!

there was no real reason for it this time - just makes it harder for some people to play.

3 Likes

Well it is 8 hours of game play supposedly which isn’t true for most people.

If that is even true and it it trivial then what is the point?

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

8 hours for the campaign which gets you to 78 I believe but if some people really can’t use dragon flying that time is increased significantly.

Nothing is finalized until final patch notes and when people actually test the game aka early access.

The more I skyride the more I enjoy it. But I still need to break out the classic flight from time to time for the precision.

This is why people use both and why the toggle switch is a heavy penalty that disrupts game play flow.

3 Likes

I have a very sensitive coccyx. Sometimes those bumpy take offs and abrupt landing cause extreme discomfort. and I am not about to start riding around on a hemorrhoid pillow, unless they make it a toy and I can keep it on my bar.

1 Like

It’s a loud minority situation, way more people love it than hate it but the ones who do complain about it to an insufferable extent

I think what people dislike is that it is being shoved down everyone’s throats - even people for whom it is a motion sickness or migraine risk or for whom it is simply not viable due to their accessibility issues. People who can’t skyride for accessibility reasons are being forced to NOT FLY at all for their entire leveling experience while their friends just blitz past them on lightning fast flying mounts.

THAT is the primary concern I’ve heard.

1 Like

Force of use has backfired.

At the start of DF expansion 60%+ loved DR.

Toward the end of DF expansion is it was closer down to 50% that loved DR.

Most people are using both truthfully and if you were to draw a venn diagram most people would fall into the overlap of the two groups between TBC normal flying and DR.

Dragon riding is gay. Those little blue vigor eggs are gay

Seems more like 50/50 to me. Most people use both based on the toggle switch threads.

They need to mix traditional flight with skyriding. As in, bring back 300% riding and that is “resting”. That way, forward progress will remain constant. Rather than randomly getting stuck at the bottom of a mountain because I wasn’t paying attention.

1 Like

Provide receipts for these numbers you just made up.

Oh those were the days back when that happen…these forums and every other posting site out there that had anything to do with WoW was on fire for that time period…I had never seen posts fly so freaking fast then I seen here…it was crazy you couldn’t keep up with all the postings.

3 Likes

Why would they do that? Just allow people to switch between the two without any five second toggle switch nonsense.

Easy problem to solve really.

1 Like