Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

Eh right or wrong come down to semantics. Its their game after all.

Is it a silly thing to do? Sure. But it doesn’t affect the majority, which is their main concern.

It wasn’t needed as we already had flying.

2 Likes

I will start of by saying i like both.
The complaints i often see is
struggle to control
Cant hover
Burn vigor/ stuck sitting around
To fast makes them sick

I don’t like it because I have terrible vision and can’t tell what I’m landing on until it’s too late.

I still use it for long distance travel though.

2 Likes

Because players asked for it to be available right away?

Thank you for your feedback and you are a valued member of the WoW community.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

The problem is all three Bosses have Sky Riding as part of the encounter in particular the flight to the last Boss that requires you to stay close to a Blimp which is flying all over the place.

Players asked for it ten years ago.

Now BlizZard needs to finish the job. Remove patchfinder requirements.

3 Likes

Its kind of a good thing they don’t listen to players though. We’d be in a hellscape if they got what they asked for.

And tbh we are lucky we get flying at all. Ion likes the experience of ground adventuring, questing and gameplay.

Having TBC normal flying unlocked day 1 was never a hell scape in BC, Cata or MoP.

At this point I see more positive than negatives.

3 Likes

As I’ve said numerous times, I keep a fast mount and slow mount on my task bar and prefer it to stay this way in future expansions. I also still use the flight master because times I just want to AFK fly and land where I want to and don’t mind the slower, AFK flight that shouldn’t kill me (thank you game bugs).

The new toggle feature is just dumb because it breaks emersion. Another reason is, if I swapped from fast travel to slow travel and rare spawns, by time you swap back, you might miss the kill by mere seconds by time you get there.

Designating some mounts that just practically can’t fast travel and maintain how it currently is in Dragon Flight would be a win for a few people. If your worried about button bloat on task bars, then maybe the classes themselves need to combine abilities or eliminate redundant abilities that should be just passive.

1 Like

It’s different.

For me, I have several problems with skyriding.

1. When dragonriding was first announced and I tried it, I was unable to do it well at all. I could go down but I couldn’t really go up. I have cerebral palsy in one hand, and the other hand is extremely small. I use a mobile sized mouse to game since my hand is the size of a 9 year old’s.
  1. Dragon riding also made me motion sick, and no, the settings did not help with that.
  2. I went totally blind in one eye six months ago. This now messes with my depth perception and ability to judge distances. I am often unable to land where I want if I try to dragonride.
  3. Gating this behind campaign completion and exploration means that ONE OF MY FRIENDS will have to stall THEIR progress in the game in order to cart me around from quest to quest. And that’s also not fair to them.
10 Likes

Welcome to my world…same thing dang small hands…and then you have everyone in these threads saying just get a Gaming Mouse…guess what there are some of us players mostly women that can’t use those Gaming mice…they are freaking to big to use.

4 Likes

Yup. 5 foot tall female player here.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

Keep providing your feedback because you are bringing up issues that the devs did not take into consideration.

Obviously the simple solution is to not gate TBC normal flying at all.

9 Likes

I have never said skyriding is impossible for me. However it is difficult enough I rately use it, and then it’s to fly a very long distance. But I really don’t mind going slower with steady flight.

I did mention it was easier to use a horse mount for skyriding than the limited skyriding mounts of DF.

2 Likes

Personally i prefer the old tbc flight. And i see others too use it, particularly in pandaria remix. I only saw one person use skyriding in the remix. It is not as popular as forum ppl say it is as far as i seen.

Also to those about say “skill issue!” I am going to say this; this isn’t a flight simulator game, nor do I find playing such games fun or interesting. I signed up to play an mmorpg. If I wanted to play flight simulator, i certainly would not be playing WoW for it, there is a slew of games on steam that covers it better then WoW.

7 Likes

Ah, this is quite a bummer! (Unless you’re being sarcastic, lol)-- I like using both. X)

Sometimes it’s just not necessary to leap into the air to cross a short path, but where you’re going is a little farther than running to it. The dragon flying leap into the air - still kinda makes me sick - but the big, happy, motion sickness prevention circle is my true friend, in game. :heart:

1 Like

The next evolution of Skyriding will kill TBC flying.

You’ll have the TBC flying embedded in Skyriding, allowing you to fly like that over short distances while you can activate on demand the Skyriding skills.

1 Like