Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

From a player perspective perhaps.

But blizz already said they make these decisions for story. :dracthyr_shrug:

I thought I was going to hate having to toggle between the two flight modes, but I didn’t find it hindered me. Do I wish it was instantaneous or only 2 seconds, you bet!

1 Like

I am having a difficult time figuring out how giving access to DR at the start of TWW but not old flying would advance any storyline shrug

Zone/environmental story. How you view the zone.
You fly differently based on bc or dynamic. I know I do.

Right, bunny-hopping over mobs on a “flying” mount is so much more immersive. Totes.

/ignore

It doesn’t.

Your ignorance or failure to look outside your small box is not my problem. And because you disagree, doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Good riddance. No idea why you bother with these childish replies instead of just not responding lol.

theres literally no story that could explain one flying mechanic over another.

2 Likes

The ridiculous amount of lies.

TWW zones are entirely ground mount friendly and can be easily traverse with just your wolf or a horse mount. But to lie about that you would need skyriding to get to places is pure lie. Also, every lie here have been disproven by SoulsoBreezy stream by doing everything via the ground.

I never questioned ground mounts availability in TWW. I only wished both types of flying were also available at the start, not just DF/skyriding.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find the tweet right now, but they essentially said they have a story to tell. How they want to zones to be conveyed and seen. They also build the zones around it. Make them bigger, taller, etc.

But in simpler terms of their direction. “This is what flying is now” - being dynamic flying. So tbc flying is definitely just there.

https://youtu.be/xPqZ7LSGjSU?t=2271

At this point, they’ve added a decent amount of accessibility to the main quests, yes. I still don’t think that’s an acceptable alternative to static flight from the get-go alongside Dragonriding.

Being mostly ground mount friendly (because entirely is a lie) doesn’t change the fact that static flight being locked is somewhat pointless when Dragonriding is opened up very early on.

Depends on what places we’re referring to. There were multiple instances while leveling a character up with gathering professions where either:

1. I would HEAVILY burn time getting to one node without flight being involved
  2. I would have to actively ignore some nodes

Is this a problem for me, personally? Nah, I’m fine with Dragonriding. But it’s definitely a problem for somebody who can’t Dragonride or isn’t particularly fond of it.

2 Likes

The priory of the sacred flame can be accessed via the flying airship from one of the landing zones. So yeah, it’s 100% mount friendly.

That’s awesome? That’s also one example.

I did agree with you in that they’ve done a good bit of work to make things ground mount accessible.

However, since we’re talking dungeons, how ground-only friendly is Dawnbreaker again? :slight_smile:

I didn’t disagree in regards to the main questline. Since they’re forcing Dragonride-or-grounded (funny, that almost sounds like a parent grounding their child until chores are done…) until you get Pathfinder, though, a lot of secondary functions (some side quests, gathering professions, etc) suffer from a lack of flight in content designed with flight in mind.

Also, some of the problem isn’t strictly about there just being access as a baseline. Being able to walk is great and all, but again- why can’t we just have Static Flight enabled at the same time as Dragonriding is enabled?

2 Likes

Dawnbreaker can be done by any type of flying mount just like nokkud offensive. And plus dawn breaker is a max level dungeon not the base.

I don’t dislike it at all, I just don’t want to be forced to choose or have a long annoying cast tied to switching.

If I could select what each mount is set as individually or switching styles of flight was instant it wouldn’t be a problem.

But for whatever reason blizzard is making it a long cast time to switch and making every mount that can swap be swapped, unless there has been an update in the last couple days to let us select manually.

2 Likes

By any type of flying mount as in Static Flight is now allowed within the instance?

Or did you misunderstand my point?

Unless it’s a Mythic-only dungeon, it’s part of the base experience of the expansion. The entrance is accessible enough, but when I did Dawnbreaker on the beta a decent chunk of the experience was impossible without Dragonriding.

Again, just to reiterate- this should 100% be a choice thing. We don’t need to force people into Dragonriding for them to know it exists. Just let people have the damned choice from the get-go, and don’t make it impact their gameplay.

2 Likes

Dawnbreaker is a max level dungeon

And you can earn pathfinder before then

Also, there are other dungeons to get gear from once it launches nobody is forcing you to do the dungeon.

I don’t care if you think Dawnbreaker is not a max level dungeon when it has been confirmed by devs that it is a max level only dungeon.

There are FOUR leveling and FOUR max level dungeons in TWW.

It leaves hard to remove skid marks in their underware

Need to stop giving the anti flyer people a platform to speak or we get zones like the maw. Idk how someone can look at the zone design of dragonflight and prefer to be on a ground mount

1 Like