Why Do Raiders Care What iLvl Gear Open-World Players Are Running Around In?

Yep. And the best part is they think they’re justified in getting high end gear from doing just that. And have the nerve to say the people who m+ and raid are “entitled”.

I was able to survive ZM just fine on a 224 shadow priest with no legendary.

1 Like

Get back to me when my crystallic socketed helm works in a raid.

2 Likes

Please, as mentioned earlier in this thread…please stereotype more specifically when stating this very broad term description of players that do not participate in end game. Not all open world players complain the way you describe. Id bet that a very small portion of those players are the ones giving the rest of us that type reputation.

Im an open world player only. Yes, im one of those players that shock you and many others about the type content i chose to do to get where im at. Im happily sitting at a comfortable ilvl 253 and i know i probaly wont get higher.

Two months ago i came back to the game to get my own opinion of some of the qol changes to shadowlands…you know…all that negativity going around. Ive done just about everything ive wanted to do and i may take another break. Im always looking forward to next time. :slight_smile:

I respect the end gamers and all the work they put into all that. I can no longer do it as my mentality for it has dulled over the years. Myself, as many others im sure i can speak for, all do our open world deal and keep our mouths shut and be happy. Some more things to strive for would be nice…but if not, then thats what nice long vacations are for.

2 Likes

You just proved my point :rofl:

How do raiders, mythic players, end gamers, level? surely you cant get into a raid when you start an new xpac, (i dont think as i dont do any of that).

Not commenting on your argument, but you’re pretty wrong about RuneScape. The player base just moved over to OSRS which is now regularly updated independent of “retail” RS and has an extremely active community.

OSRS even has challenging solo and group endgame content, but it takes bare minimum 1000 hours played to get there. It’s a much grinder game than WoW, but the reward structure and endgame are adored by their community.

By showing open-world gear is superior in the open world? Your grammar is weird enough I’m assuming English is not your first language, but it seems you think open-world quests should be handing out mythic item levels.

Do open world players only do WQ for the item level and not the fun?

Is it only fun if it’s a 265 or 278 instead of a 252?

If they aren’t fun for 252 why are you bothering to do them?

No you just showed me your a raider doing WQ and very powerful by pointblank killing.

If you read the forums you would know the absolute indisputable fact that 99%+ of the player base never does a single dungeon or raid.

Anyone who does dungeons or raids is very likely a toxic elitist.

The game would be better off if they completely removed the ability to group with other players.

/s

Yes, people do world quests for fun and nothing else to do as well. Why do you think they are doing it all the time regardless?

An ongoing progression in the open world that doesn’t get reached three days after the patch hurts nobody. And raiders should not be bothering themselves with what casual use only for prestige that’s worth as much as 1000 from the monopoly game. But they should reach that ilvl faster than open world content.

Much like BFA, where one could get High ilvl gear either in Horrific visions or getting Titan residium from world quests at a lower pace than M+.

Another question?

What are you talking about? Cur disproved your point by showing how powerful Crystallic Sockets are. They only work outside of end-game content. In other words they do not work in raids, M+, or PvP.

2 Likes

In the end it was all about just that wq content he’s geared in mythic and using cypher socket .why? Beside,I never said it was in a raid did I,nor end content I just said content.

To be honest this issue boils down to Blizzard being unable to develop a proper rewarding structure for players that encourages attempting challenging content while also offering relaxing steady progress at the same time.

A potential fix could be to add item level increase check points via content unlocks. For example…

Killing the last boss in each difficulty increases the item level of world content by that difficulty. So if you kill heroic jailer, open world gear rises to 265. For those who don’t raid, completing 100 keys of a specific key level will increase item level to that amount. So 100 +15s = 262 item level from world content.

The goal of that system would be to make sure those who do those content are rewarded for doing so, while encouraging those who don’t like to do it to try it out if they want to have rewards similar to it.

To me it makes no sense to want high end raid level item level if you are not at least trying to participate in those types of content. Don’t really need 278 item level to kill 10 Ravenous Birds lol.

Edit: I do think they need to re-evaluate secondaries. I believe more emphasis should be on main stat giving you the power bonus, while allowing secondary’s to make your class feel fluid. For example I’d prefer if my shaman at 200 ilvl and 278 ilvl had the same haste/crit/verse/mastery with the difference being more intellect to produce more damage. Which may be a hidden reason as to why people want higher item level. Maybe due to class feeling sluggish with low ilvl and stats.

I made the comment about English as a gentle way to see if this person is merely struggling with their second (or 3rd+!) language or an imbecile. I think I’m getting my answer. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

no, i enjoy actually earning things i get- just like leveling up… you know, those small senses of accomplishments.

Absolutely not. The player base is significantly lower in OSRS than it was in RuneScape lol. Original RuneScape holds the Guinness Book of World Records title for most popular MMORPG, OSRS has like 35m players subbed. RuneScape “retail” had well over 200m in its prime.

I think there is a lot of dishonesty in this thread that is making having any meaningful discussion basically pointless at this point. I’m dubious that ANY player logs in every day because they are super excited to engage in world content for the sake of the content rather than the reward.

In fact, I would argue that there isn’t a single person in this game that doesn’t participate in an activity in game, outside of player made content like RP, that doesn’t do it for the reward. Transmog and mount farmers, achievement hunters, pet battlers, world questers, raiders, pvpers, mythic plus players. Literally everyone is rewards focused.

There is also something intangible that comes from having higher quality rewards from harder: inspiration.

Most players look at someone in high end mythic or PvP gear or riding some fancy glad or CE mount, and don’t bat an eyelash; however, some players DO see those things as aspirational and will work to try and achieve them. They are going to put in the hours to learn to play their class, learn boss fights, find an arena team or guild, and work to reach their new goal. If you make rewards across all content equal, or very similar you’d pretty quickly find that a lot of players would just stop playing after a few weeks once they have maxed out the system that puts up the least amount of resistance.

Personally I raid to kill bosses, I’ve not cared about gear in years, but I know many of my fellow raiders do, and it’s the motivating factor for them.

3 Likes

Those numbers from Jagex are insanely misleading. It was never active subs it was always the total number of accounts made which includes bots made with the sole purpose of getting banned within 48hrs from just doing early gold botting in F2P.

The nature of the economy in RS with most/all loot being tradable definitely leads to more degenerate behavior than wows economy.

The games are so different it’s hard to compare. RS is a sandbox MMORPG where WoW is a theme park.

All that being said current OSRS is the best / most healthy state that the game has been in, in any form. They regularly hit 100k active players and pump out new / well liked content on a monthly basis.