Why do people request PvE buffs?

giggles intently at this projection

2 Likes

Requesting buffs when a spec is within normal distribution is dumb. Requesting buffs when a spec is statistically an outlier is important. The reason being: the community is really shi**y.

People enjoy different play-styles, and not everybody plays the game to compensate for their lack of real life accomplishments. Playing certain specs is perceived by many as straight griefing. You will not get raid invites, you will not get arena partners, you are more likely to get sh*t doing dungeons, and simply put, the community (at least the performance chasing part of it) will ostracize you.

And the crazy thing is that this is a VIDEO GAME. People just don’t want to deal with this, so they may suggest buffs to very under-performing specs so they don’t get bullied and can actually play what they think is fun. Before anybody says “then dont play cata”; that’s what people are doing. Retail has millions of subs when cata can barely get 300k logs at its peak.

2 Likes

While it’s not competitive in the sense it is in PvP, PvE does have a competitive element. That is, you are competing vs other players for a position in your desired group. If you’re preferred class puts you at a performance disadvantage vs someone on another class, it can directly impact your ability to access certain content.

I realize the argument “you don’t have to be meta to successfully clear content” is 100% true. However, people being people, they will only accept classes they deem to be the best, or within a very small variance of it in performance.

1 Like

Yeah, but is it really happening so much that we think it’s the #1 cause of group rejections, and that fixing the slight imbalance would get people into groups?

Or is it more likely that the group already has 4 plate classes and so they don’t want a 5th, and then that player just blames it on “spec-ism” because they aren’t told a reason, and can’t see the group that’s already formed so far?

Because its not fun when you aren’t at the top of the meters.

A have a whole post about it but quick resume , Balance is a cool thing and should be made , ppl always want their own spec be the best but that’s not what the posts are about, at least for the most .
Most are asking for balancing the most underperforming, what is the fun of playing a spec da does half of the dmg of their counterpart just bcuz arbitrary numbers are made like that , if it was a skill difference is one thing .
I even gone to prove to show to how the difference by playing of the bad specs fury warr , im not even i main and got 100 log on bosses in heroic only to be worth as 50-60 ish log of the others specs .
If u really interested and want to know the reason for that u just need to think a bit to be real
and if anyone interested Fury Balance and Others Classes Discussion that i already made

also lets remember just bcuz that’s dosant affect you as a problem, why mind ppl asking for nice changes that won’t affect you in any way.

A lot of the people requesting “buffs” or “fixes” for classes on the forums are just trolling. It’s the same handful of the chronically online. Notice the low post or new toons making all the “my class broken, pls buff”?

The sad part is that Classic devs give so little f%%^s about Cata they actually go through with some of the changes because it’s an easy 1 hour at most of hard coding a bandaid onto a class so they can pat themselves on the back and make it appear they’re supporting the game.

There’s still an issue. DPS is just one part of a class. Utility is another. However, PvE isn’t measuring most of that utility. Most of that utility is for PvP.

So what happens?

If Rogues were buffed in PvE to do exactly the same amount of DPS as the highest tier PvE DPS class in the game… now you just have an absolute OP monster in PvP (which is already the case tbh lol). Suddenly, that class not only MATCHES the top damage dealing capability, but they have SUPERIOR utility as well.

A class is made up of a lot of things. And, frankly, PvP measures those things in grand total a lot more than PvE does. (Saying this before you say something like, “well pvp shouldn’t exist!” Because it has just as much validation as PvE. I would argue more.)

And so anyway… then what? Then we try to balance utility too? At that point, what even is the difference between classes?

Hey i agree with that if they didn’t have the tec to just buff pve without buffing pvp , but they do .
Also as i said underperforming in that case rogue all 3 specs are either middle of pack or top , if u just check the logs so your example dosant make sense since why would they buff rogue ?
And last tbh nobody cares about pvp but that just a toxic pov from me anyway.

I’m not surprised rogues can top pve charts. They are also doing absurd damage in pvp, while also having the best utility. Hence why i called them insane OP, lol.

But i mean… does that make them a BAD example, or a GOOD one? I would say a good one. They’re proving my point as we speak.

No ? lol did u read what i said ?

Yes.

You said they’re a bad example because they’re already doing top tier damage.

I’m saying that makes them a good example, because them doing top tier damage, while simultaneously having top utility (which PvE does not measure), has made them exactly as OP as I’m saying a class WILL be, if they tweak everyone’s PvE DPS to be the same. (It makes them have the same DPS in PvP as well, and thus, the classes with the most utility end up leagues ahead of everyone else.)

If only there were these things called specs that had a dramatic impact on DPS and Utility in both pve and pvp.

2 Likes

Why do people put points in their talent tree or wear armor?

1 Like

Dude with due respect but are u unable to read ? I just said the have the tec to buff stuff from pve without buffing it on pvp , and even if they dont use that way they can just buff the stuff that dosant affect pvp .

What a unique conversation that’s never been heard of before in the entire history of WoW. Classic boomer pvper mentality.

If it’s a conversation that’s been had before, then you can answer it. Right?

So go ahead.

If you’re not competing in PvE, and people form uncompetitive groups all the time (and also RDF doesn’t discriminate), then why request PvE buffs?

The question is still floating in the air. You are implying you know the answer. Are you going to share?

You are not going to get invited to heroic raids, and if you do not have a guild, you will struggle immensely to even get into a normal pug if you play a memespec

I think i want to touch up on that from a different angle for a second here. We’ve already talked about there being plenty of non-comp group makers that will take any spec.

But let’s talk to the low tier spec players for a moment.

Some classes, namely Mage and Warlock, are admittedly pretty different between their specs. If you enjoy fire, but it happened to be the worst, while spamming frost bolt happened to be the best, i would understand wanting to play fire despite it being the worst. (This is an example, please don’t get wrapped up on my choice of specs here.)

But what about other classes?

Don’t Hunters just… always shoot arrows??? If one of their specs is low tier and the other is high tier, why not just play the high tier for groups that want it? Honestly? How many different ways can you really shoot your arrows???

Same with DK. All their abilities are just “X Strike” anyway. Unless you don’t want to control a pet THAT badly???

I feel like, a lot of the time, people ARE playing a spec BECAUSE it’s less popular. And at that point, they’re getting exactly what they asked for. And if they DID get buffed, it would be more popular and they wouldn’t even like it anymore!!

Call me cynical for this post, but cynical doesn’t mean wrong.

Thoughts???

Disagree about specs feeling the “same”. I literally only play my hunter to play BM because I enjoy micro-manging pets and I enjoy the “fantasy” element of it. I detest playing cata survival because it just feels like a caster, which kills the fantasy immersion of playing hunter in the first place.

Unfortunately I HAVE to raid and pve as survival, despite hating the playstyle. If I choose not to, the community self-polices and will hold it against me. Again, I don’t play video games to appease other people. If people decline me for content because I want to play a certain spec, I just won’t play the game. That’s just one example. The nuance between all specs exist. Even the playstyle between unholy and frost dks is different.

I never ever play destruction warlocks, but i’ll play affliction 80% of the time, despite how strong or weak it is. Everybody has different interests and playstyles. The issue is that for pretty much no reason, certain specs are not allowed to be competitive with others. No matter how “good” I play with BM, i’ll still do 18k DPS to survivals 25k DPS. It’s not skill, its just number tuning. That’s a turn off because I don’t play to perform well or show off to other people, I play to have fun, and certain specs are not fun to me.