Why do people play on PVE servers?

I’ve played on pvp servers before and I’m going with PvE this time for classic. My main reason is I want to relax and have fun and not be ganked constantly and not being able to pick up and turn in quests for hours isn’t something I want to do again. Someone else wasting my play time = not fun for me. The level 60’s ganking in Redridge and Darkshire always amused me. Getting a full group to go out and kill greys and npc’s just to waste hours for people trying to level is childish and shows a lack of real pvp skills. I’ve heard the excuse “oh we’re trying to get the high levels to come out by doing it”. Not true, if they wanted to get the higher levels to come play, they’d go to the higher level zones to do so. It’s really that they are terrible at pvp and get owned so much, they feel the need to go kill greys to feel better about losing pvp so much. PvE all the way for me this time so that I can play on my own terms and ignore the kiddie low skilled gankers. Besides, I get more honor points in battlegrounds than open world so that’s where I’ll be doing my pvp.

3 Likes

When I did my urban thing, PvE servers made things dangerously unpredictable. You never knew who was going to flag up and when. Engaging the Alliance in the cities had that scrote-shaving edge. There were some times I anticipated and goaded people to flag up when I was low so I can quickly reset the fight and then reengage them.

Why play on a pve server?

It’s more efficient for people who have very little play time. (less corpse runs)
The ability to make gold & farm faster.
The option to be ganked by anyone toggle pvp on.
The majority of PVE servers have better top-end raiders (source wow progress)

Why play on an RP server?

You can instantly get rank 14 with ZERO competition and then server transfer off to another server.

Why play on a pvp server?

To kill gnomes whenever you want.

RP/PVE LOOP HOLE! I can stand next to any enemy faction member forcing them to flag through AOE, tab target, or next target attack. I can send a hunter pet near the unit they are attacking making them think its an npc walking by so they attack it. I can also mind control a unit before they attack it via priest or engineering item, causing them attack a unit I control instead making them flag for pvp. I can then proceed to commit gnome genocide on anyone of my choosing. And the best part is… they rolled on a server where they thought they were safe.

The gratification of a gank like this is 10 TIMES GREATER THEN THAT OF A PVP SERVER!

You can also use disguise items (skeleton, Pirate, Ninja, Ogre, rogue disguise) and RP walk like your an NPC on a patrol path waiting for some unsuspecting newb to attack you. and then BAM!

3 Likes

I actually really want an alt on a pve server. The basic thing for me is community. Like if you are a player who world pvps a lot on a pve, you will develop rivalries.

On pvp servers, everybody just fights eachother, it’s the order of the day. It’s fun, but to me it’s kind of dull afterawhile. Like we all log in to fight eachother. On a lot of pvp servers it gets so dull that ‘red=dead’ no longer applies because you just want to get your pve done in the world then go bg or go raid or something.

But on a pve server, it’s like more personal to just hunt someone down and ruin their day over and over. And when they unflag to turn off their pvp status, it feel like a Victory. It feels good.

1 Like

That, and gold. RPers will pay quite a bit just for something that looks cool, regardless of how good or bad the item actually is.

The downside of an RP realm is a rather small community that regularly does level cap content. Even the biggest RP realms on modern WoW only have 2-3 guilds per faction that raid: only 1 that does the hardest raids.

Because raiding isn’t that important to us. RP realms are for RP’ers… if you’re not going to RP and only want to dungeon and raid, go roll on a non-RP realm.

I actually love pvping but will be playing on a PVE server. I love a good fight but body camping etc just isn’t my cup of tea. I don’t really see the point in bullying someone to feel empowered or satisfied. I know not all pvp players do this, but from my experience it’s just not for me. This time around I just want to enjoy the game and take my time. /shrug

3 Likes

Hey, if you want that cool looking gear, you’re gonna have to do those dungeons and raids as well. Never really RP’d, and have no plans to leave RP realms.

I’ll likely settle for the dungeon sets, tbh.

The different responses are interesting. For me Wpvp is kind of the end game goal. Level, eng, do bgs for gear, do pve for gear, and then just wpvp. The excitement of pvping while leveling is also pretty fun, and sure higher levels will kill and sometimes even camp you but eventually you will be 60.

Then you can come up with creative ways to 2v1 or 3v1 or if they are awful 4v1. Or if you can’t win, creative ways to get away or grief/troll them before you die.

There’s nothing “single player” about dungeons or raids, and those are definitely pve content.

1 Like

because they’re s-a-w-f-t soooooooffft

Sorry perfect opportunity, had to take it. No one get mad

Well those level 60s will more than likely be in a level 60 area.

I actually like Warmode option. There are times I just want to quest and farm in peace.

It is no fun being camped by someone 20 levels higher while leveling.

Yep. That right there is the perfect example of their mentality and why Im glad that I can seperate it from my game.

5 Likes

Yea, but in vanilla and even BC there’s plenty of reasons players are out in the world. Rep and mat farming. Going to dungeons. Going to raids. Working on attunements.

Then also you will likely have several guildmates ready to drop what they are doing to dispense justice.

PvE servers are superior.

I won’t have to deal with raiders ganking me when all I want is to farm something. And no, skill won’t help, they will melt faces.

Or leveling. I intend to take 6 months or so to do it. Don’t need to be ganked by lvl 60s.

On a PvE server it is consensual. If I feel like PvPing I will type /pvp and then go attack a guard or something to rally other faction to the area.

WoW has NEVER and will never be about Horde vs Alliance to me. I find far far far far far more enjoyment from tackling common enemies.

PvP will ALWAYS be a side game, an amusement park feature that’s there when I’m bored.

1 Like

They should force all the servers PVP and only allowing the people change channels on the CITIES to avoid people LAYER-ESCAPE.

In exchange they should cap the “LEVEL” depending on the zone to avoid idiots ganking with lv 23 areas lv 12. Going to an area lv 12 your level-limit will be 13 so ganking will need skills

To get to 60 asap. You can avoid all pvp until max level. Plus on pvp servers you have to spec into pvp talents and on pve servers you spec into whatever does the most damage which cuts down on leveling times.

Cuz they succ

1 Like