Why do people play on PVE servers?

I don’t think they gave up . . . I think they were going into their tried and true PVE rotation.

Of course, that is pretty much the same thing.

I’ve tried both. I generally play on a pve server because I’m not always prepared to fight an unpredictable and intelligent enemy. I prefer to choose the moments for that, ie battlegrounds or flagging myself on purpose. It is a difference in preferred play style.

This is a very honest response.

Some of us find the unpredictability stimulating. Others do not.

1 Like

What makes you think PvE’ers don’t view the forums the same way? Sometimes you think you’re baiting, but you’re actually the one being baited. It actually amuses me how much these threads end up playing out like an amorous husband getting rebuffed by a wife who is just not in the mood.

“World PvP is awesome! It’s exciting. You’re missing half the game if you don’t do it.”

“Eh, not now. I’m busy killing furbolgs.”

6 Likes

Typical argument, which isn’t true. They know they can’t win because they don’t have anny skill.

U know why i know that? Because we pvp players are all going through the same thing.

No one wants to admit they don’t have anny skill and says yeah we play bg’s too! so we know what pvp is… lolz

Oh yeah the other argument is that’s not fair…

When is pvp fair? a duel maybe? Oh yeah and using hp pots isn’t fair too!

This is what I do when I’m working a 10-14 hour day. When I get home and it’s time for games, I want it to be in a manner of my own choosing. If that choice is to run Shadowfang Keep, then it’s not my choice to be corpse camping by a skull level tryng to get there.

1 Like

WPVP isn"t going to be the same as it was in 2004

I always played on PvP servers. Or in, Warmode? is that what it’s called now?

But for Classic I will be going PvE finally. Just because I don’t have near the game time I wish i had.

I will be 15 years older as well when Classic launches. It launches a few days before my birthday. I am also a teacher if you can believe that.

So for a lack of better words… time. I originally played Rogue. I know what it’s like to gank and cause people grief.

I know what it’s like to get ganked and have higher levels take their aggression out on lowbies trying to level.

I want to enjoy the stories and the quests. a LOT are really cool and have a lot of lore and flavor text if you take the time to read and smell the roses.

I just want to enjoy the leveling experience as much as I can, then get my PvP fix in via BGs.

4 Likes

same I want to play PVP but i don’t have the time like i did back then, I don’t get paid to play games 8 hours a day

1 Like

I recently did this by bringing my 28 warlock to Redridge to pick on lowbies (though they weren’t much lower than me). I only did it because I was bored at work and the novelty of ruining their fun wore off in less than half an hour so I left. I really don’t see the entertainment in wrecking lowbies, especially when 60’s do it. Soooo boring.

Cause I play a game for content not to be somebodies content

6 Likes

15 years ago I played on a PVP server and was younger and more eager to mix it up with the other faction. Now I’m 15 years older and my spare time is precious. So for those few hours I get to play classic, I would rather focus on leveling, grinding, and ultimately raiding without having to worry about my low level toon getting ganked every 10 minutes by the bored rogue in Stonetalon Mountains.

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty much.

They’re all always going on about how much more skilled PvP players are, and how PvE players are carebears, casuals, and terrible players. When all they’re really showing is that the PvP players are terrible people.

PvP on PvP servers is more about high level players getting their jollies by ruining the game experience of lower level players. They just seem to be having a hard time dealing with that fact.

5 Likes

These arguements kind of remind me of the outcry when Blizz announced that people would be able to earn XP from Battlegrounds. The twinks all complained that it wasn’t fair to them and that all they wanted was to have fun and fair pvp. The answer was to put all players who had XP turned off into a separate BG queue to play against other twinks and suddenly they were complaining that the queues were too long because apparently too many of the twinks who said they were all in it for the epic fair fights didn’t really actually want to fight against other twinks who were relatively equal to them in gear - they really just wanted to be in BGs against non-twinks so they could feel superior as they killed them.

I know a lot of people really do like to do equal pvp on pvp servers but there are enough of the other kind who say they enjoy pvp but really only enjoy it if they start out with an advantage.

And yeah, I don’t have a lot of pvp skill - mainly because I don’t enjoy pvp - and I am not going to spend time gaining skill to do something I don’t want to do anyways. I would much rather spend my limited game time doing activities that I enjoy. If WoW only had pvp servers, I would have never even tried the game in the first place. The fact that there were pve servers is what convinced me to give the game a try.

1 Like

“I want you to get your main” is also completely transparent. Yeah, sure, you could be in one of the zones with other 60s like Eastern Plaguelands, or find other 60s to duel in your faction capital, or be in a level-bracketed battleground, but no, you just have to go to Redridge on your level-capped character to kill level 20s that you don’t even know if they’re an alt or not in the first place, to “make somebody get their main” for PvP.

Uh-huh.

1 Like

I have figured out a good analogy that might help pvp’ers make sense of a pve players feelings about pvp servers.

Your friend invites you to play paintball. Its fun. Game over. You leave, and go on with your day running errands. This describes pvp on a pve server, you ran a battle ground, or flagged yourself.

And on a pvp server? After the game of paintball is over you leave to head to the car, and someone jumps out and hammers you with more paintballs. When you get to kmart and go to get a new pack of socks, bam someone jumps out from behind the pantyhose and blasts you again with more paintballs. Pvp happens anywhere, sometimes when you are busy doing other things.

But this is not how many pvp server players see it. Pvp players overall desire the total immersion, and greater sense of accomplishment from progression that only a pvp server can provide because of the inherent challenges of a pvp server.

After that game of paintball is done you move carefully, then head to your car checking corners for gankers ready to jump you. Make it to the car safely. Get to kmart. Take a look around the parking lot to check for gankers. Clear move in.

Head to the outer perimeter and circle to the socks isle so you have more command of the area. You see a ganker ready to jump someone over behind the pantyhose isle.

You go around the other way and avoid them because you are a good guy and never start a fight. Grab your socks and move on with your day.

4 Likes

Who cares? Let people play on PvE servers and the rest of us who enjoy PvP servers can play on those. Literally not a big deal.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be bothered with being camped under the false pretense of “trying to attract people my level”. No, you want to create as much fuss and attention by making people who can’t fight back suffer at your expense only to flee to another zone and repeat the process when people who CAN deal with you show up.

I know there are SOME honorable PvP folks out there but the vast majority over the years just want a cheap thrill and ride on lies to justify ganking without opposition.

I am not here to feed their ego so I’m not going to bother. If I’m not going to have fun, why would I play? PvE is fairly passive but at least I’m not uttering death and torture threats because one man-child was never hugged nor told they were loved when they were growing up.

PvE folks should not be the impromptu therapy release for PvP psychopaths.

2 Likes

If you do a PvE server, you still have the world PvP…

And bg’s which is where people grind out ranks.