Why do people play on PVE servers?

I’m a pve player. I jsut hate getting ambush and getting killed and etc…

But i will go on a PvP server for Classic. I know i will hate it, I KNOW THAT I WILL HATE IT… but there is something about Wpvp in classic that is … magical. And i want to participate to it.

1 Like

Its simply just skill vs not wanting to get skilled.

Pve servers participate in world pvp. But sometimes we want to focus on a different part of the game without having another part of the game (that we also like) to be part of it. It’s like, I like to raid but I don’t want a raid boss to spawn on top of me when I’m picking a flower. Sometimes I just wanna relax and pick flowers.

PvP servers have no chill. Which is part of the appeal and I see why people like that. But not everyone wants that tension in every aspect of their game. But thankfully there’s different servers because it’s ok for different people to like different styles of play. Some people even play both because sometimes they want that heavy constant tension and sometimes they don’t.

6 Likes

PvE servers are like having your cake and eating it too. And with war mode it’s even more so.

1 Like

Why I first tried to play on a PvP server it wasn’t a choir to level, I spent most of my time as a ghost trying to figure out how to get away from a Max level char wholistic still doing my quest, and being on the receiving end of that is not fun nor does it make me want to continue playing. That’s why I prefer PvE or PvP, cause getting corpse camped by a guy wait for raiding time is not and never will be fun.

2 Likes

Yes, it was always fun getting GANKED by 3 to 5 Horde while picking up the Nesingwary quests.

2 Likes

Because I don’t want to be ganked, hassled, or trolled.

4 Likes

Why? Who cares.

PVE realms and PVP realms are both available so players have choices. The nice thing is we are not forced to play together - our styles and concerns are so very different.

If Blizzard chooses to implement CRBG, well, the PVP players will rip the wings off the PVE ones.

Because to me world PvP is a juvenile waste of time. In my experience, nobody ever attacks anyone unless they significantly out-level or outnumber the victim they are ganking and are guaranteed to win.

So there is rarely any competition. And it’s about as fun as trying to eat dinner and some schlong keeps knocking your plate of food on the ground. You go make another plate, and he does it again. And he’s 6’6" 250 and you’re 5’6" 140 (because he is 10-20 levels higher than you), so there’s nothing you can do about it except leave.

And besides, from a lore standpoint there is absolutely no reason the factions should be fighting anyway except ignorance and racism. I don’t want my character to be an ignorant racist.

4 Likes

I was wondering when we’d have another moronic, condescending, toxic response from a pro-PVP server Neanderthal.

If all it takes is PVP to get “skilled” then there are Battlegrounds on a PVE server to achieve that. Or, if world PVP is more your flavour, then pick a town and kill a couple quest givers.

Getting wrecked by players 10+ levels above you does nothing to increase your “skill” except in corpse retrieval, alt levelling, or running away.

3 Likes

People using the excuse for playing pve, that they dislike being ganked by a higher lvl are precisly so why i say it, because that is only a small part of what happends on a pvp server.

When ND opened up with only a pvp server I met lots of pve players and how the responded to pvp on the same lvl was to just stop doing anything and let themselfs be killed. Why? because they don’t know what to do, because they don’t have anny skill in pvp they stress out and just give up.

I used to play on a pve server in vanilla and I’m glad i did, because i was noob beyond believe.

Now I’d rather play on a pvp server because i have gained some skill.

Nah most players on pvp servers get confused when they actually end up in a fair fight.

3 Likes

U have duel for that, In war there is no fair fight, not counting ganking from 10+ higher lvl.

How is this even a question?

1 Like

Some people do not have the mental capacity to play against someone else so they call it boring

Ironic response.

5 Likes

I have limited time to play and when I log into the game I usually have a plan on what I want to try to get done that day. PvP can be very fun, and world PvP is some of the best, but I don’t want to have to PvP when I don’t want to. Plus getting ganked sucks.

2 Likes

Clearly you’ve never been camped by three level 60’s in a level 30 zone. If a person doesn’t want to waste their limited time dealing with people who want to be jerks PVE servers are the way to go.

I guess you can’t play the game like everyone else who’s been ganked. You think you’re special so you go to a PVE server were you’re safe. Pathetic

What did you base this opinion on? Having the “mental” capacity to do something doesn’t mean it’s fun for someone, plus most of the PVP I encountered on a PVP server was a much higher level avatar camping me while I was trying to level or several higher level players killing all NPCs in a quest area and then killing anyone who arrived via flightpath.

1 Like