Why do people play on PVE servers?

The problem is… Blizzard has failed to design a fun flight-free game since TBC.

Why do you care? Play on your server and mind your own business.

3 Likes

I enjoy being able to play the game at my own pace and not have to worry about someone attacking me/ganking me simply because my name was red.

I enjoyed the slower pace of Classic and this time through won’t be any different. Slow and steady, enjoying it as I go and never have to worry about someone ruining my fun.

Oh, and when I do get the itch to PVP, I’ll have battlegrounds to turn to eventually.

3 Likes

True. But the full experience is 100%. Not playing on a pvp server is like playing the game at a 90% level. That’s where opinions lay.

In my opinion pvp servers are 100% of what the game offers in terms of full immersion. In others opinions, that 90% level provides good enough immersion.

Yes they can. They get to max level and become the wolf? It’s not a very good summary. It’s a sob story lol. You have just as much power as anyone else in the game to get to max level, and the big scary “wolf” (ie ganker) can’t stop you.

It doesn’t limit anything at all. It gives you more options and control of what you want to do at any given day. If I want to level or farm mats in peace, I can. If I want to PVP I can join a battleground. If I want open world PVP I can flag myself for it. I am curious to see the population numbers when the servers are released.

Wrong. You can do 100% everything the game has to offer on a PVE server. The only difference is on a PVE server, you have 100% control of “when” you want to pvp. That’s it. Period.

6 Likes

O how do you experience getting ganked without flagging your self on a pve server?

Why would I want to be harassed by a tryhard PvP idiot when I’m just trying to get a quest done? No thanks.

1 Like

Easily my friend. I flag myself for world PVP. Flagging is 100% part of the game.

1 Like

Okay you flag yourself. No element of surprise there. Full immersion is broken in regard to the faction war.

You choose to pvp. On a pvp server the choice is made at the character creation screen.

1 Like

This is really it. I think most people enjoy PvP in some capacity and would be on board with PvP servers if they didn’t come with the ganking and camping, like if the game had anti-gank/anti-camp systems of some kind.

I plan to roll my main on a PvP server but I’ll also have PvE server alts for when I want to chill, because there will definitely be evenings coming home from work when I won’t be in the mood to get chain-ganked by Stinkybob the undead rogue.

2 Likes

This 100%. I enjoy the early server life world pvp where squabbles erupt for quests in close quarters. But eventually it just becomes…ganking for DK’s and little else.

There is still element of surprise when you flag yourself. That means you are in danger at any moment to be attacked. Sounds like you are mad that people get to choose when they want to experience which part of the game? Pay my sub and I will run with you on a PVP server. Lol

3 Likes

There are ways to trick people into accidentally flagging themselves.

It’d be great if there were some way to keep that early server feel throughout the life of the server… it’s a lot less fun when it devolves into bored raiders running around thumping people.

Agreed. Unfortunately its just the way of it. That late server gank is one of the reasons I exclusively skip Hellfire Peninsula because its just brutal.

A craftsmen or Matco tool? :smiley:

All tools look the same to me.

1 Like

I’m not mad. To each there own. But imo you are missing out unless you roll on a pvp server.