Why do people play on PVE servers?

Not big on PvP, but still able to PvP when and if I want to. Played on a PvE server during vanilla and we still had massive world PvP battles.

1 Like

/shrug If all you do is pvp you will experience none of the lore where as someone who only pve’s will experience all the lore, but sure.

Oh and you will have to do a bare minimum amount of pve even if it’s just grinding to level.

1 Like

But I don’t do much pvp. I mostly just do questing, and dungeons.

More recently, I did a few more normal mode raids because of the pathfinder achievement.

But I recognize the importance of having the element of surprize and danger that pvp servers provide in game.

You don’t get that on a pve server.

Certainly had a lot of immersive experiences on PvP servers and for awhile it was actually a lot of fun but once it gets to the point where you are getting ganked in your own capital cities its just broken.

2 Likes

Wpvp and defending guild mates and friends is 100% the reason I fell in love with wow. Wpvp for life.

1 Like

This is good point. But how did that faction imbalance happen in the first place? There’s multiple reasons. That is where things can be adjusted through incentivization imo.

If the devs would have simply incentivized players to role toons on the less popular factions of pvp servers that could have helped balance the populations. But it was easyier to make all servers normal and have warmode.

The other less popular choice would be to have locked a faction until a more balanced ratio was achieved.But now Ive opened a can of worms.:persevere:

I was on Bloodlust battlegroup and once it got a reputation as a good horde battlegroup it just went from there.

1 Like

If the “immersion” is being murdered in-game by a psycho who ganks lowbies because he knows he’ll be arrested for killing people IRL, I’ll pass.

Gimme RP-PVE any day.

6 Likes

Underhanded stuff happens on pve servers. Ive seen world pvp on pve servers. But It was all baited.

This happens on pvp servers but that psycho who ganks lowbies might get camped 5 mins later by said lowbies friends.

It comes down to personal choice in the end. Do you want to experience the story with or without the war front and center. And that is why there was pve and pvp servers in the start. The devs recognized that.

2 Likes

In my opinion, if a person’s ganking and camping lowbies who are just trying to level up, just to draw out people who are his level, he shouldn’t be given what he wants.

1 Like

Haha, you obeyed me. Get jebaited.

You wouldn’t last 3 seconds on my playground.

I don’t even know what “jebaited” means. I keep misreading it as “jailbaited.”

Not sure why anyone would wish for that.

THIS ^^^
Organized PvP is ok (BGs), random ganking and camping by players 10+ levels higher? No thanks!

1 Like

I struggled with this for a while. PVP servers were my original and a lot of fun. Over time it become more of a chore to deal with ganking and in some cases a slow trickle of anxiety hangs there when you see the enemy faction. For Classic tho…I’m going back to my roots. Hoping to get into Beta to start getting over that worry and just embrace the death

PVP was a big part of Classic for me but I’m still hoping for an RP-PVP server.

I leveled originally on Magtheridon.
Fond memories, just not sure I have the patience to do it all again. With limited time I like to be in control of what I’m doing in game, if that’s PVE for the afternoon I don’t want to be interrupted.

If I want to PVP I’ll hit up a BG. In my experience a fair WPVP fight isn’t as common as I think some people would like it believed. At the time it was mostly cheap tricks while at low hp or fighting a couple mobs that won the day. Not my jam.

Flying helps expose a simple truth. Escape is preferred. No incentive for sheep to remain sheep.

1 Like

To not deal with being ganked by a bored sperg 60 that isn’t good at pvp.

Open War? no we were not. and no that ‘evidence’ just shows your opinion, what you define as most immersion is not the same as everyone else, there is not one ‘right’ way to enjoy/play WoW.

3 Likes

Level 35 mage questing in stranglethorn
Quest: Kill 12 tigers
Goes to questing area
10 level 60 rogues hiding in stealth ready to gank
Can’t complete quest because your mob loses its tag when you die so they can kill your tiger and get zero credit.

That’s why people PVE

1 Like

Except for that whole matter of the sheep isn’t level capped for that area yet, and cannot fly. Unlike the wolf. Your point remains, but the other remains valid too. At a certain point the game enables the one behavior, and starts to actively prevent a “pvp solution” from ever truly happening.