Why do people keep asking for changes?

Well said.

2 Likes

Great points.

You hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head.

Because Hunters suck as a raid class and they should be made to not suck as a raid class.

1 Like

I disagree.

First, your example is flawed because it drops the fuller meaning of no changes - which is no NON-vanilla changes. 1.5 AV versus 1.6 AV versus 1.12 AV are all vanilla. Any of those is a valid and authentic vanilla experience. Compare that to giving paladins a taunt, which didn’t exist at any time during vanilla, and someone fine with the vanilla differences can be rabidly against the non-vanilla difference.

Second, even changers have different opinions. One guy may only care about getting paladins a taunt, while another wants paladins to be able to do equivalent (or close) damage to 1.12 warriors, and yet another thinks paladins, being Alliance only, should be untouched and the only changes should be to feral druids that both factions share. Why would no-changers magically be for everything if they’d be okay with things that they specifically define?

Lastly, there are in-game changes and there are out-of-game changes. Someone can be fine with logging into the game via the Blizzard Launcher (non-vanilla) with a smartphone authenticator (non-vanilla) and SMS protection (non-vanilla) without wanting mail between characters to be instant or there to be an option to purchase a dual-spec.

5 Likes

While I want 1.5/1.6 AV, to claim it’ll be an authentic experience whilst having 1.12 classes and gear is a little disingenuous.

2 Likes

Yeah yeah I know.

The same reason they were asking for changes during vanilla?

But it does seem like very few people are happy with 1.12 as is, even firm #nochangers started asking for changes after it was announced that blizzard was going with 1.12.

Actually, they didn’t.

1 Like

This. Exactly, people are expecting a perfect, or “best hits” kind of WoW. When in truth, it’s about going back to a specific time, playing the snapshot of a game as it was back then.

Too many people are treating this as some kind of new opportunity to get what they want. But if what they want wasn’t “Classic”, they get disappointed, and rightfully so.

1 Like

Actually they did. They said vanilla had a lot of changes itself and said stuff like 10/15 man dungeons or 5, and gave other similar examples

4 Likes

because vanilla WoW was not without flaws, and most people who ask for them likely aren’t aware that ion said that there is a possibility for classic+ servers down the road after Classic servers

just wait for the eventual Classic+ servers, like I am; the gigantic success of Classic not-plus, combined with the people inevitably complaining about the game’s flaws and them refusing to make changes other than bug/exploit fixes(and apparently loot trading and right click reporting), will provide an incentive for them to make a separate Classic+(hopefully with a separate sub) in the first place

And THEN they asked about different model types, and possible class balance, and other things NOT in vanilla.

1 Like

Source on all that? I saw graphics but that isn’t gameplay. Never saw them ask about balance or things not vanilla. Matter of fact all ive seen them say is no to balance and other such changes.

5 Likes

“Should class balance be left as it was, or should it be tweaked within a certain margin, or should it be constantly tuned and worked on? I’m not so certain that any specific one is the default, correct choice.”

“These decisions will really be made by the kind of discussions we see here, so… if folks want a true 1:1 Vanilla experience, then we want to see the discussion of that. If people think there should be changes here or there, then we’ll want to see that too.”

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anything that indicates they’re considering anything besides besides non core game play changes to 1.12 regardless of whether it was in vanilla or not.

And that’s his personal opinion. He even states as such, twice, and tgat it is Not blizzards stance. Blizzards stance is no balance changes.

5 Likes

Oh so NOW it’s personal opinion. Last week it was “CM words are gospel”.

4 Likes

No. When they are speaking from blizzard is one thing. When they are sharing an opinion is another. He specifically went out of his way to say that it was entirely his opinion. Twice. That should be obvious.

5 Likes

This doesn’t sound like an opinion, bud:

"These decisions will really be made by the kind of discussions we see here, so… if folks want a true 1:1 Vanilla experience, then we want to see the discussion of that. If people think there should be changes here or there, then we’ll want to see that too.

The community will truly be what shapes the direction of Classic as we move forward, together."

2 Likes

And yet blizzard has stated since day one “an authentic experience”. They have also come out since that post and said no to numerous things. And yet we still have people asking for stuff that blizzard has already said no too. Maybe a year ago such discussion was fine, but blizzard has made there stance known on most every post vanilla change

1 Like