Why do people keep asking for changes?

To the best of my knowledge, the true no changers have always been open to a Frankenpatch, provided all the elements of that Frankenpatch were present in vanilla.

Since 1.12 as a foundation was announced, we have seen many pro changers and trolls try to misrepresent the no change philosophy and/or claim that anything other than a strict 1.12 (excluding those things outside of 1.12 that they want, of course) is “a change” in an attempt to justify pushing for their desired no vanilla changes.

Either way, here’s to hoping for the best.

1 Like

It would be foolish for them to use this to justify future changes, but it’s pure gold in exposing the blatant hypocrisy of the no-changers who request ‘changes’.

They disagree with you, hence why you refuse to acknowledge that they have a valid point. They deserve that inch, but you can’t see past the fear of the mile.

And here we have a perfect example of my point that pro changers will use a “frankenpatch” as justification for their desired non vanilla QOL convenience changes.

They refuse to acknowledge the difference between a “frankenpatch” which only contains vanilla elements and adding any number of QOL conveniences which were NEVER part of vanilla.

1 Like

Didn’t I just say that it would be foolish to use that argument to justify changes? Yeah, pretty sure I just said that.

There is a difference between a ‘frankenpatch’ and a ‘QoL patch’, but you refuse to admit that your movement, #noChanges, is read literally to mean zero changes. That means a pure 1.12 experience, no franken’s allowed. Since you’re not interested in that, you’re not really a no-changer, you’re a ‘what I want’-changer. As is everyone else.

1 Like

EXACTLY this!

1 Like

No. That would be trolls intentionally misrepresenting the “no change” stance.

The no change stance has always been no changes outside of the vanilla timeline, with the exceptions of actual bug and exploit fixes, color blind access and BNET integration. The no change stance does not include loot trading or sharding, which is why there are so many threads opposing those non vanilla changes, even if it is likely that Blizzard will corrupt classic by adding them.

“you think you do, but you don’t” is true for alot of people…

How can you say the ‘no change’ stance means anything but no changes? You’re rewriting the definition of some extremely clear words.

Because it wouldn’t be a 200 post thread if it didn’t devolve into arguments about semantics.

2 Likes

Because most gamers and MMO players are liberals…and liberals always want change(ask Obama)…even the good stuff needs to be changed. That is my uneducated theory :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t care for the people you speak of, but damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isCh4kCeNYU

That has been the no change stance for over a year and that has been stated numerous times on these forums.

You do you, though, and continue to intentionally misrepresent the no change position in a feeble attempt to justify your desired non vanilla QOL changes.

people making up things about a position that has been stated to mean something different than what they profess to know all about.

funny.

Because no changes has always meant what Fesz is telling you it meant.

It’s you who are attempting to undermine the position by arguing the semantics and claiming we’re not part of that stance because we aren’t adhering to the literal definition of the phrase.

It’s a shortened and easier way of saying “no changes to the gameplay that was outside the scope of the original Vanilla timeline”.

I’m not going to type that out every time just because you want to pretend like you don’t understand that’s what it means and try to tell us our stance means what you want it to mean rather than what we’ve always defined it as.

3 Likes

I don’t know if people are really that daft where they don’t get it due to semantics. They gotta be trolling to some degree.

There are a number of people who claimed they wanted a vanilla version as is. Then suddenly when 1.12 was announced they wanted changes to a vanilla version.

wrong. i made the post you responded to stating exactly what no changes meant.

i believe one of the posts i named “changes that even purists find acceptable”, which you responded to.

you know full well what it means.

1 Like

It means there is no such thing as no change. Yet suddenly a lot of people who just spammed #nochange suddenly were accepting of change but only the changes they want.

1 Like

lol its never meant no change totally.

just no changes outside of what happened in vanilla.

you know this well.

you just blindly dont accept it cause youre too focused on changes outside of that timeframe.

2 Likes