Why do people keep asking for changes?

To a certain extent you would probably be correct.

Every one of us has their own “dream” version of classic. In that sense, it is very unlikely that any two people wanted the exact same version of classic.

Most of the no changers, though, only wanted elements that were actually present during vanilla, even if all those elements were not all present at the same time in vanilla. That is a far cry from asking for guild banks, class balance changes, “finishing uncompleted quest chains”, adding “content that was supposed to be in vanilla” to classic, etc.

Most of those no changers would love to see MC be a 2-3 hour raid, and scholo/strat taking 2-3 hours.

It is those with that instant (figure of speech, not literally “instant”) gratification, convenience oriented mindset that is so common among retail players that would have a problem with MC or scholo/strat taking that long.

1 Like

I think plenty of people wanted, and still want, the actual Vanilla experience. I know I do.

1 Like

No you literally go back and keep doing what you were doing, chances are you won’t hit the same random circumstances that killed you again.

You might die more often but sloppy play will hardly prevent someone from hitting level 60.

it all adds up to make it harder and more time consuming. youve got to understand that.

1 Like

Plenty of people want a time machine and a MIB flashy thing, but we’re not getting those.

And then there are the people asking for things DURING VANILLA. That’s a concept people here can’t grasp.

Oh sweetheart, you obviously never played Everquest.

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone claim that vanilla was harder than Everquest was, only that vanilla was more challenging and difficult than retail IS.

2 Likes

After you played EQ1, vanilla was a walk in the park.

1 Like

Regardless of whether Johnny was asking for QOL X during vanilla, the only relevant question when it comes to classic is “Was QOL X EVER present in vanilla?”.

No it makes it more time consuming, time consuming is not harder.

1 Like

Connected flight points, for starters.

So, yes.

Exactly this.

As I said, that has been acknowledged.

Vanilla being easier than Everquest does not negate the fact that retail IS easier than vanilla, with the possible exceptions of high level mythic dungeons and mythic raids.

Clion, is that you? You sure sound like him.

Either way, it’s tough for someone like me who played EQ1 for so many years to look at vanilla and retail and think of one “harder” than the other. They’re both dead easy compared to the Hell Levels™ of EQ.

1 Like

I’ve not seen anyone deny that connected flight paths were part of vanilla. Classic would be in keeping with vanilla if connected flight paths were not implemented in classic just as much as it would if connected flight paths were implemented in classic.

The question was:

“Was QOL X EVER present in vanilla”.

Well, without context, and since anything post-vanilla can’t be in vanilla without a time machine, then your question must relate to the vanilla timeline.

So yes, vanilla had QOL in its own lifetime.

Sure but now you’re debating which kind of taco bell hot sauce is hotter, sure hot might be technically hotter but compared to a real hot sauce they both taste the same.

The same is true of difficulties in WoW when talking about retail vs. vanilla. And even then in many cases not true at all, most boss fights are technically much more complicated at all difficulties as are most rotations.

I didn’t start thinking that no changers were split into 2 camps until 1.12 as a base was announced. Or any sort of re-tuning suggestion.

I know there are some that would welcome a re-tune, etc etc. But there are plenty of others that want a flat 1.12 private server experience where they don’t want to experience Vanilla as a whole, but to sew their oats and beat Naxx and not care about the rest of the game.

But there were a lot of staunch no changers who immediately started asking for 1.12 to be changed when it was announced :stuck_out_tongue: