Why do people ignore FF14's issues?

Because the game is good.

People can tolerate stupid store mounts if the game is good.

3 Likes

Exactly. Everything in their shop is PURE cosmetic.

Definitely not as egregious as token sales which are an indirect pay to win.

1 Like

Has anyone considered blizzard might be purposely trying to kill this game?

What would be the upside to killing WoW in your thoughts?

A complete transfer of staff to other projects like cod loot boxes and mindless games that have larger audiences. Ie. Business.

2 Likes

Eh. They do have class boosts and story skips. The necessity of which is debatable. Let’s not pretend that FFXIV is entirely free from the allure of microtransactions.

I said that ‘occasionally they have a banner when they release new things’. So you can misquote me and pretend I didn’t comment on that all you want, but you’re wrong - I did. To be clear, I have personally bought things from both stores - I’ve actually spent more on WoW, I have about 5-6 WoW store mounts.

I am personally not opposed to in-game transactions for cosmetics at all. So I don’t consider either store a flaw or a problem.

But I do think that the fact that FFXIV does not advertise IN GAME at all for it is a big part of why people feel as though their store is less problematic. The separation of ‘game’ from ‘microtransaction’ is a big thing to a lot of people. I recall when Blizzard first started selling in-game stuff, nobody cared. People were excited to buy things like the spectral pegasus mount or whatever it was called, and some of the real money pets as well. I only recall seeing the complaints start around the same time that they started adding notices in game to buy stuff.

Could be the lack of communication that WoW devs have.

I realized wow was dead last night when noone even bothers talking in trade anymore. This game didn’t die because of its players it died because of trash dev decisions.

2 Likes

True. I get that get that but my main point is FF doesn’t have anything equivalent to the wow token. That is one of the worst things to ever happen.

1 Like

That person you’re replying to has done nothing but crap all over FF and hasn’t said one good thing about yet claims to be a player of both games. Disingenuous contrarian. That’s all you’ll get from them.

1 Like

But…like why kill WoW? I mean perhaps we are splitting hairs but I think “killing” is more a proactive idea - I see them as possibly neglecting WoW while siphoning resources away. I am not sure if driving players away makes sense as bad reps can ruin future product launches (example I refuse to play anything on the Arc Launcher)

and speaking about ignoring issues…

FFXIV patches are A LOT smaller.

you only get a new raid every other patch and that new raid only have 4 bosses, for one.

3 Likes

Lemme try this.

From what I’ve seen, a lot of the armor is no longer available promo/event gear, or highly requested looks.

Mounts are whatever, it’s not like WoW where they are some huge prestige symbol.

Store mounts are a problem for WoW, but they are not why the game sucks.

If you are a new player and try to catch up to play with your level capped friends, it would take about two weeks of no-lifing just to get through the story.

It’s dumb how they do that, but the skip is a solution to the problem.

Content droughts aren’t a big deal if the game has plenty of content to take part in in the meantime, which SL doesn’t.

1 Like

I know, but not every person who is reading this thread will be like that. And that individuals points were not necessarily invalid, so it bore addressing for anyone else who might read, even if there was no hope of convincing THEM specifically.

1 Like

The biggest issue with wow isn’t the cash shop…

Its the company running it. As has stated by many people, youtubers and forum goers, blizz ignores their customers, and doesn’t respect their time.

3 Likes

And there is at least one store ad running at all times–or maybe they just keep making that many things. In any case, no, it is certainly not “occasional”.

There are no notices. It is a tiny button set into the same lineup as game settings , and if you do not click it, you see nothing at all.

I s2g I wouldn’t post so much on these topics if there weren’t so many creative exaggerations. You’d think FFXIV wouldn’t need them (or all the offtopic spam) if it really was that great after the first 140 (minimum) hours.

All the things players have been complaining about have gone ignored. When I read the 9.1 patch notes I’m glad I bought 1 month. You guys hate torghast? Wow is like doing house chores but you pay your parents instead of them paying you.

3 Likes

because the FF agenda is that everything is perfect and WoW is BAD

retail might suck
but FF sucks slightly less?
perhaps that is their cope mechanism

2 Likes

Ff has plenty of problems. Any changes take years to fix or not at all. It’s very very slow but things do happen. I think any company who wants to run an mmo needs to listen to the player base and act quickly when it’s clearly a big issue. Neither company does this but ff14 also hasn’t run astray with its content and story. Since wrath the xpacs are like “what? Why?” And “grinding and dailies are fun”