Why do people ignore FF14's issues?

And, by and large, they’re big enough to acknowledge their issues and actively strive to change them. The ego present in Irvine would never suffer such a blow.

6 Likes

In game design flexibility is integral.

WoW used to be this way by taking ideas from other games and polishing it up.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I agree.
FF14 is still the superior MMORPG in my opinion.

But point 1 and 3 is what I have critisized more often than not. Also fantasia purchases.

2 Likes

Yep. Taking the best ideas in the genre and refining them to perfection - that was Blizzard’s MO. Now, they are, as they say, “high on their own supply.” They’ve become so myopically focused on the gamification of the endgame loot treadmill that they’ve lost sight of all else. And they refuse to look externally for solutions or additions anymore. Sorry to say, but Blizzard has never been creative. Skilled, yes, but “new ideas” are not their strength. Even this very franchise is just a Warhammer Fantasy knockoff.

6 Likes

Lol you saying gee Willikers and boy golly isn’t what I’m referring to.

I once got a 2 day for mentioning a site someone could look up a guide for white mage.

Don’t rush to defend a game I actually play. Won’t work with me

The reality of this forums is that players paying money or $20 for a token sub with gold literally gave up on giving feedback that they now promote another game and talk wonders about that game despite being in another game while having an active paid subscription…

It’s really one of the darkest times for this game… inb4 doomsayer garbage sure, stranger… sure but I never claimed the game is dead.

Because players are too busy playing the game to post.

You really can’t, at least not for more than a couple of weeks.

Here’s the thing, though - hawking another game is solid feedback, especially when people explain what they’re enjoying on the other side.

No one promoting FFXIV is here to dance on WoW’s grave. They’re not gloating. And they haven’t moved on from WoW. These people are invested in WoW, want it to improve, and are pointing at what they enjoy in another product that WoW lacks.

7 Likes

Remember when Dragons were a big deal?

I miss that about WoW - when the important stuff was familiar and not requiring a great deal of lore to understand the significance of stuff.

I still haven’t forgiven them for switching out Sargeras as the ultimate bad guy of the Burning Legion with Argus.

This is symptomatic of most recent WoW lore. It might be interesting, it might even be clever, but is doesn’t make for an engaging story.

All this stuff is great when it’s coming out of an encyclopedic resource book… but we’re playing a video game. Not Microsoft Encarta 2021.

The grass is always greener…

1 Like

Worse then BM hunters?

I play both.

The grass is different shades, and tended to in different ways. The gardeners of both could stand to get tips from each other, and one saved its lawn by listening to the other who was in their prime.

But recently… that formerly prime lawn is getting weedy as its gardener is focused entirely on a small patch that they keep digging up and replanting season after season.

3 Likes

There’s literally a giant “new store items” clickthrough ad up on the FFXIV launcher right now, along with a Butterfinger ad and expac preorder–and really? You can criticize WoW’s button in-game, but calling it “big and shiny” is disingenuous.

Edit: This is what I was talking about in my original post. It’s like these posters can’t just accept FFXIV is flawed in any way. They will always try to make the issue seem more benign. Carries are another thing that was seized on to criticize WoW before–leaving out the tiny tidbit that FFXIV allows them as well, Party Finder is full of ads for them, and depending on your server you will see far more bot spam than real people talking.

When that was pointed out? Well it was the number of carries advertised, lmao.

3 Likes

Personally, I find it hilarious that there’s a mount in-game that broadcasts to everyone that sees it that you bought $5 worth of Butterfingers and took a picture of the receipt. No judgement, but that fact that it broadcasts so specific an action just tickles me.

2 Likes

Same, lmao

There are a ton of things I could say, but I’ll sum it up. It’s currently “Trendy” to hate WoW and praise FF. I hope the 14 devs enjoy it, because even if WoW dies, this won’t last forever.

1 Like

New relation goggles.

It’s “trendy” to call out valid criticisms of wow? lol…

4 Likes