Why do people idolize Legion so much?

People only liked legion for the incredible class fantasy world building that they were given. That and m+. Literally everything else about it was garbage.

Fun fact. Ion is on record admitting that we got the borrowed power systems that we did in both BfA and SL expressly because of the “positive feedback” they received for the legion borrowed power systems. So if you hated BFA and SL, you can thank Legion for both expacs.

That and everyone was able to get their very own Fischer Price Ashbringer.

5 Likes

1 double jump
2 DHs
3 glide
4 fel
5 leggos
6 raids
7 mage tower

2 Likes

only 3 people agree with your opinion, I guess you understand why.

1 Like

Because it was everything loved about this franchise rolled up into one expansion.

That isn’t to say it wasn’t without flaws.

But it’s lore (aside from Vol’jin dying to a trash mob) was definitely not one of them.

1 Like

Artifact weapons were an amazing idea they never should of left and the class hall stories while not amazing… were good.

3 Likes

Because it was far more enjoyable and engaging than those that followed. I loved the class halls.

1 Like

Legion, I’m still playing to this very day.

Doing the class order hall campaigns on classes I’ve never experienced them on. (On allied races I never leveled.)

There’s no other expansion that offers class-specific lore and stories like that.

Even now, Legion is giving me content lol.

Also, I never got the fishing artifact and want to go back and do that, too.

Do I want to go back and do Shadowlands Covenants I missed out on? Hell no, lol.

That speaks for itself.

I already got all the BfA allied races, otherwise I’d go back and get those too.

Aside from DF and Remix, I tend to go back and do Legion content.

Oh, and the current Mage Tower too, if I was interested in the recolors. Even though that came in SL, it’s still technically Legion content.

There’s so many cosmetics from Legion it’s insane. And class lore on top of that.

I don’t think it’s rose-colored glasses, there’s just content I care about in Legion, while later stuff just didn’t matter as much to me.

3 Likes

idk at the start I thought Legion was fine with borrowed power…then I am pretty sure they capped it and I actually liked the class halls and mounts.

1 Like

I loved it from 7.0. I didn’t even get to play much of 7.3 since my PC died right after finishing Normal Antorus.

As for why it’s loved:

• Class Halls.
  • Great dungeons and nice raids.
  • Suramar and the whole associated plot, despite the nonsensical BfA horde-only gut punch for the races we helped as Alliance.
  • The demon hunter class.
  • Legendaries obtainable from most activities, and most were good too, even if some more than others.
  • Titanforging meant every activity could be a potential upgrade.
  • We finally had horizontal progression with AP and AK.
  • World quests as something new.
  • Revamped Dalaran.
  • PvP Templates.
  • Some new abilities after the disastrous WoD Prune.

Patches added:

• Class Mounts
  • Mage Tower
  • Argus, which we have always wanted to go to, even if they kinda half-baked it.
  • The first new megadungeon.
  • Legendary “fix”.

It wasn’t all good though, it had some negatives, like the Illidan wank, killing Varian and Tirion, and M+, which devolved into what it is today, but it was the best expansion overall in the history of WoW, with MoP and Wrath closely behind.

BfA overdid it with armor slot + essences + corruption at the end, but it wasn’t that bad either.

SL is the bad apple, since it destroyed the lore, required anima for A LOT of stuff and had so many other gameplays annoyances…

This is a literal positive to me.

Bottom line, mostly only grinders players hated Legion, since they can’t stop themselves from grinding to eek out 1% gains.

Even spec changing, while having a penalty, was fine thanks to AK.

I really hope we get to Classic Legion so I can ditch retail for a good long while, unless retail massively improves.

6 Likes

Because it was the best expansion in the game. Served the power fantasy better than any other expansion. Culmination of years of lore and story building. It was filet mignon compared to what’s followed.

2 Likes

I had a massive amount of fun in Legion. Why do you consider that idolatry to tell the truth?

1 Like

Legion doesn’t have a borrowed power system nor timegating anymore.

So your view of it is entirely different than the crap we went through when it was live. It wasn’t until almost 7.3 that things started to get good.

You’re looking at an expansion without all of the crap.

4 Likes

Many new players came just for that

Mythic dungeons were first introduced in WoD. Mainly patch 6.2.0

Now if you said first iteration of Mythic +, then you would be technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Since MoP and WoD’s challenge modes did not have things like affixes and did not scale up in difficulty (in fact they scaled you down to heroic dungeon ilvl).

Okay, so what?

I’m not saying you personally disliked Legion. I liked Legion, too, but the expansion was inarguably panned by the broader community for some time.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I felt.

I wasn’t someone moaning over artifact power or legendries.

Because of that, I had an excellent time lol.

Also, PvP templates meant I could test out classes I didn’t normally play in PvP and still pull my weight, I low-key miss those templates.

Nah, even when it was “crap”, I was still having a blast.

I got Prydaz as my first legendary too, lol.

4 Likes

:rofl:

What expansion is “good” to you bud…

I disagree. I think it was the loud minority that whined endlessly about their raid leader forcing them to run LFR for a chance at a legendary or a 1 in a trillion chance of a perfectly itemized better than mythic ilvl titanforge.

Because they only remember the end of 7.3

4 Likes

legion was the last good expansion we had

bfa and sl are just a wild dream

and dragonflight is mid

2 Likes