Why do people hate on mechagnomes

What I want will never happen. But I think it would be clutch af if all the ARs were neutral faction similiar to how they dd Pandaren.

First off I agree, who cares about sethrak. The first two feet of a snake, a definitively (it’s the feature) thing being that they don’t have limbs. So they grafted a humanoid body with limbs onto the neck of a snake. That’s no longer a snake, it’s an aberration.

Same with Ankoan, not interested in being fishy. So for me, I like mechagnomes better than just about every other AR by a mile, and they may actually be my favorite AR. Then again my very first character was a gnome engineer mage, so it’s kind of like void elves for me, took something I already liked, twisted it a bit, perfectly serviceable for what it is.

People are hating because things like transmog work different for them. I really don’t see a problem with that because I want to see my parts. Other than their somewhat slim custom options (there is a good one, that’s all I need is one good one), I haven’t been this excited for an AR since VE. I got lightforged too but it was only because I was less than 5k to exalted just from accidentally doing light quests while I was doing argussian. I got heritage then promptly retired that character, draenei really aren’t my thing. I have no love at all for any other AR (I wouldn’t play a Kul-Tiran or Dark Iron even if I incidentally unlocked them, but I won’t even go into much pros and cons of horde, I guess Zandalari are cool cause I like trolls, but I don’t play horde so I won’t have them.

Vulpera I could not take on either faction though, they are entirely too cutesy. I’m glad they’re on the side I don’t play. The males are like G-rated Rocket the Raccoon and the females are so saccharine they give me cavities. Ironically, on my very first impression at the reveal, I thought I’d go Vulpera over Mechagnome. After previewing the models, I reversed my stance.

Just trying to show the range of possible opinions is all.

1 Like

Subjectivity does not matter. AHAHAHAH

Exact.

Even dark Irons and Maghars (which Blizzard went to look for in another timeline to try to meet the horde) everything was on the same level.
Nobody won anything that was unique and special or that seemed unfair to the other half of the audience.

junkgnome would have to come but coupling with vulperas was to make a death certificate for the whole race.

Part of the community has been disappointed that High elves will never be something of ally.

Another part, I dreamed of Vrykuls and Blizzard invents overweight kultirans.

Others expected something as exciting and refreshing as vulpes for ally.
We received a recycled model, named after something they are not, as if the devs thought that alliance players were too dumb not to see that junkgnomes are not mechagnomes.

Blizzard could at least try to sell the idea that they are a new breed, just naming the group as cybernames.
Not even that the devs took the trouble to do.

4 Likes

No other race did, KTs shouldn’t be an exception. You want to be a regular human, they’re right there. You want the skinny model, you’ll have to play a female undead, since that’s where the rig originated from.

If you can’t see how the alliance has received races that are trash in comparison to the horde races than you are actively trying not to. The only race which alliance got that is worth anything is the dark iron dwarves.

7 Likes

They are already playable.

I def would have preferred Vrykuls.

Sure, let’s ignore that Lightforged and Highmountain are about equal in effort, void elves are generally more popular that nightborne due to the latter’s models that are considered a step down from their Legion NPC models, and, again, Kul Tirans have a completely new rig while Zandalari are just prettied up versions of models that were already in the game. Stop with your pity party.

Because they’re not really even Mechagnomes.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see the appeal.

Worgen are much cooler if you ask me.

As someone who’s literally leveled EVERY allied race to 120 (save Vulpera) I’m going to have to disagree mate.

1 Like

First, let’s call them by what they really are, Junker gnomes, not Mechagnomes. Mechagnomes are what we saw in Northrend, and what we wanted, we got Junker gnomes with a new name. Doesn’t change the fact they still are not what we asked for.

2 Likes

I :heart: mechagnomes after today.

Was chilling in the old town inn in SW and a friendly mechagnome gave me some bacon.

2 Likes

I don’t hate them. I just don’t love them either. But if other people are happy playing them then I’m happy for them :slight_smile:

I do admit I’m jelly of their customization options. Ya’ll got me beat on that one

1 Like

I’m completely indifferent towards mechagnomes.

I play elves and goats. Sometimes werewolves.

1 Like

The hate is because people have convinced themselves that somehow the gnome AR would have been high elves or sethrak, instead of, you know, a gnome.

2 Likes

I’d legit take the beetle over the Ferrari. Beetles have character, and 68 was a good year for them. It’s a car anyone can enjoy. Ferraris are only for two people, the rich and professional mechanics, as they are very high maintenance and you have to drop the entire engine as routine just to change belts and such.

Many many car guys would pick the bug over the Ferrari, you’d be surprised. I’m biased because the OG beetle is my favorite car that I’ll never own (lots of them while growing up, now not so much), while Ferrari just looks like a flashy money pit.

Also certain models tend to burn to the ground if a hose clamp isn’t seated just right, watched a guy on youtube burn his down when the clamp screw abraded his fuel line which shot high pressure fuel all over the engine compartment and erupted.

Not the best comparison if you actually know the cars. People will pay close to Ferrari prices (low end of course) for really nice older restored beetles, believe it or not.

What could be worse than a copy of the lowest played Alliance race?

Well obviously that’s not a good comparison because they’re the lowest played AR in the entire game.

3 Likes

If he’d said Mechagnomes were like a Trabant or a Yugo, silly unpopular shoddily built communist cars, I’d have better understood what he was getting at. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve warmed up to mechagnomes a bit but not enough to play one.