Why do people hate on mechagnomes

No. It is more like a very beautiful fancy car that runs like crap vs a mechanically superpowered futuristic car with lazers and weaponry. Mechagnomes have way more lore development bring a lot to the alliance whereas Vulpera don’t offer much the horde doesn’t already have. Keep in mind that just because something is niche, doesn’t make it insuperior.

2 Likes

We are not talking about lore, we are talking about general aesthetics. BFA has dumped all over lore, so why hold that as a flagship when picking ARs?

1 Like

The one race who got an entirely new rig got shafted?

2 Likes

Everything the alliance received as allied races in bfa seems to have been made to be shafted. A placebo
Always the most disappointing version of what was imagined or what the alliance needed.

Well, it’s the devs’ fault.

3 Likes

Like I said before. Vulpera are the odd one out and here is an interesting thing to think about. If Vulpera had been made a bit taller, given lore that had them side with the alliance and made them a worgen AR, they wouldn’t seem so different really. The thing that makes them seem so unique as a race is that they are paired with goblins and are the first race to be so distinct from the race they are paired with. In the scenario I just described, they would be popular, but wouldn’t seem all that unique.

That’s subjective.

Fixed. KTs should have gotten more than one body type. Which of the core KT npcs have that type of rig? So why is that the sole type we are able to pick?

1 Like

I think people would of hated them less if they were not released along side vulpera alternative for horde, while alliance is struggling with population participation as is.
The reduced T-Mog options does not help either. Timing matters

6 Likes

Subjective? Look at the alliance faction mounts for BFA - then compare them to the horde mounts. Which has more variety and overall better design?

1 Like

Dingdingding. Timing and comparison matters.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we should have gotten gilgoblins instead of vulpera or make vulpera a core race instead. Vulpera are the odd one out. Not the other races. Besides most of the Vulpera playerbase doesn’t even care about goblins and gnomes.

Despite your thoughts, it’s still Objectively more work than other Allied races.

We have access to all those models. We actually got a unique mount and a unique rig in AR as well!

1 Like

I can unlock horde faction mounts on my alliance toon even though they are rep based? Wow - gonna login and do that right now. Oh wait…

I will say this though. If blizzard had gone the route of allied races being more unique to begin with, a pig race kind of like roadhog from overwatch would be cool. A rat race would also be neat.

2 Likes

Even so, the amount of people playing KT is also small. People nowadays want new and exciting. Gnomes with some arcade machine scraps glued to their arms and legs or people with a Homer Simpson body is not new or exciting.

Which is why Vulpera is blowing up, cuz its a f***ing fox!!!

2 Likes

You can auction house or farm the raptor, hyena, and spider mounts. Even the pterodactyl model is available from a meta achievement.

They only seem so new because they aren’t correlated directly with a similar AR like the other races. LIke Isaid before. If they had been taller and written to be a worgen AR, they wouldn’t seem so different.

And IF Mechagnomes had more robotic designs or the option to have flesh limbs with robotic asymmetrical limb would be GG instead of the steaming turd we received.

Hell - even mismatched robot parts. Claw + standard robot would be cool. Its too forced and generic though. WTB more variety.

What would you have wanted then? Outside of tortollan nothing piques my interest personally.