Why Do People Hate Anduin So Much?

As a Horde player its cause he’s alliance.
As a human being irl filled with trauma and a general disdain outlook on humanity and life. Anduin is very delusional (before legion) about reality and life. It took till garrosh almost killing him before he realized “oh wait, not everyone can be good” and it wasn’t until Sylvanas basically took his freedom away before the real reality set in “you can’t trust no one” set in. So for most of his character development he’s been delusional and because of that a headache.

Currently as of right now from shadowlands to The War Within, he seems real, he seems fine, maybe a slight disdain towards his lack of backbone but he seems like a normal human being which is a fault cause he’s a king of not only his nation but supposedly of his entire faction. He doesn’t seem fit to lead like he was meant to.

To other people however a simple: OMG EMOTIONS, MEN CAN’T HAVE EMOTIONS, ITS SO DISGUSTING TO SEE! Cause a lot of people have been brain washed that men can’t be emotional or if they are then they are weak and weakness should be thrown out like trash. It is a primitive mindset.

1 Like

Do you enjoy being around people male or female, that are mopey and talk about their feelings all the time?

It’s draining and a buzzkill. No one wants to be around someone that is so depressing all the time.

To act like this is enjoyable or something we should appreciate is disingenuous to say the least.

2 Likes

If you are moping around talking about your feelings all the time, you are weak. This isn’t a strength. If you can’t control your emotions and vomit them all over other people all time, you are weak.

Should people have emotions, yes, should they express them all the time for the whole world to see, no, There is a time and place for everything.

1 Like

he isn’t vommiting or melting down on the floor and crying and throwing a hissy fit. He went through a traumatic experience and just walked away dealing it with himself for no one to see. He doesn’t show up at all after the cutscene of him talking to sylvanas in the shadowlands. When we see him in the TWW cinematic he still wants to be left alone at first and is struggling to deal with it. Most people have friends, loved ones or therapists to talk to. Anduin doesn’t seem to have any of this till Thrall comes along. He’s fine / human right now, the only fault is he needs to be more than just a normal human.

3 Likes

This isn’t a isolated incident. It’s character and the way he is written. In almost every cut scene with him in it I have to listen to his feelings. Where is the Varian in him?

that is a massive oversimplification and you know it. Some folks didnt like varian but that changed over time, i dont know didnt like jaina shes always been a fan favorite. The only time people really didnt like thrall was in cataclysm and thats because we got an overload of him. Same goes for sylvannas

Rule of Warcraft if the character is in more then one Expansion pack for a good portion of it people will hate them. Didn’t even take that long for people to hate Sylvanas.

You burn one tree and suddenly every elf is ready to declare war on every Sylvanus supporter.

Why does have to be a clone of varian, why can’t he be his own person? Why does him having feelings and dicussing them in a heathly way trigger anger and hatred towards a fictional character?

3 Likes

My man she was a huge focus of three expansions in a row…what are you talking about? lol

1 Like

He doesn’t have to be a clone of Varian, however it would be nice if he had some of the same qualities that Varian had while still being himself.

The reason why is because this game is World of Warcraft not World of Therapycraft. I play it to kill monsters and collect loot. Not watch a bunch of people talk about their feelings all the time.

3 Likes

She was, but she was hated the second she burnt the tree.

They basically turned him into Charlie Hunnam…or Charlie playing the character Anduin… he is a like or hate kinda actor.

Some people are born without qualities of their parents sometimes better, sometimes worse off. Yeah its World of Warcraft and war and murder is and should be a thing. But anduin and thrall are like the only 2 characters who really show emotions outside a single expansion. All the dragon aspects were pretty emotionless till dragonflight and after dragonflight they probably will be again cause the focus isn’t on them.

Its just a bad vibe on people when they complain about emotions like its a bad thing as suicide rates across the planet continue to rise with men being in a big lead due to things like “emotions is a weakness and is bad”. Better kill oneself before i show anyone i have issues that affect my mental health!

3 Likes

It’s not because they don’t express their emotions. It’s because they are lonely, isolated and don’t have any hope for the future.

Hate is an emotion, and it’s expressed toward Anduin… Your point is a little off point.

2 Likes

Not all cases but a lot of them are lonely and isolated because they can’t express themselves and if they seek help they are outcasted from society for acknowledging they have emotions. I will admit that in World of Warcraft you wouldn’t / shouldn’t see this kinda of stuff in your face a lot / all the time. But on the other hand I feel like humanity needs to be re-taught you can express your emotions, seek help, and be human and WoW feels like one of the only few games trying to teach people that… even though wow shouldn’t be one of the games that have to teach that. A conflict of interest i suppose.

1 Like

Varian was a badass.

Anduin is an emo crybaby.

We hate the story tellers, not Anduin.

3 Likes

I don’t think they need to be taught to express their emotions. I don’t think you need to express your emotions. You need to acknowledge and listen to your emotions. You need to understand what they are telling you and fix the issues in your life causing them.

Just expressing your emotions isn’t going to do anything.

But Anduin is all emotions. And people wouldn’t have such an issue with it if he wasn’t THE LEADER OF THE ALLIANCE. I want a King like Varian, a perfect mix of strength and reason.

6 Likes

tbh thats my only fault with him too. He’s human, he’s “too much” of a human for someone who is supposed to be the leader of the Alliance. The sad harsh reality is he doesn’t get the right to take a break and walk away for… what? years? months? what ever big time span that was between him leaving to the shadowlands and coming back. As harsh as it is, leading an entire faction is harsh especially when the survability of the faction and your spiecies is at stake. Such leaders in such times as he are sacrificial pieces to the greater cause of their species. And he as well as Varian have to be such sacrificial pieces. He’s not playing the part, and not playing the part he’s dooming his faction and spiecies. If it wasn’t for plot armor him leaving would have huge impacts on the alliance and on the politics of humanity which we will probably not see at all.