Why Do People Hate Anduin So Much?

I would gladly sacrifice Anduin to the void lords either Cairne or Voljin back to be honest.

4 Likes

I agree with your statement, disagree with your toon name

I’d sacrifice him in a heartbeat to get Varian back.

2 Likes

My classic name is retailsucks, take it as you will.

I agree. He has too many feelings. He’d be great in Frozen 3 though.

2 Likes

PTSD does that, he was literally mind controlled into doing horrific things, things absolutely antithetical to his person, like sure, he hasn’t faught many wars, but he has been through severly traumatic things. For some, they could commit the most heinous of war crimes and laugh about it, for others watching someone die in front of them is the straw that breaks their back.

2 Likes

As far as hate for Anduin, I feel like for a majority of people that complain it comes down to the fact that he’s an emotional character rather than the simple ‘rawr war’ type.

4 Likes

It’s just me IMO I don’t mind if he is emotional with different feelings, it’s because Blizzard writing is not good at it

He has no personality, no character development. He is a blank slate on which the writers throw their plot twist du jour to see if it sticks.

2 Likes

He was a sheltered kid and never taken prisoner and tortured.

Despite this he probably had the optimism of all teens that somehow things will work out - eventually.

He probably went through a lot, and they were trying to show rather than tell us the whole - assuming we were smart enough to fill in the blanks.

He definitely wasn’t going to be the same after SL, and has probably seen, and thought more with pain in his heart for his perceived weaknesses and failures.

It seemed a fair teaser to show the man he has become and the adult choices he has to make now going forward.

Exactly!

3 Likes

Imagine that. People like their heroes to be heroic. Shocking isn’t it?

3 Likes

without depth? One doesn’t become a hero on cue, it takes time

3 Likes

Haters will always Hate, Bitter people will always bitter the soup. Always they need something to be negative about and they find it anywhere they can get it. That Cinematic rocked. Full of Anxiety and Sadness. It was perfect. I wonder when they plan to release it actually? I also wonder which edition am I going to buy lol.

3 Likes

Probably because he’s not some gibbering moron desperate to annihilate ‘the other side’ for no reason other than wanton bloodlust.

It’s why people despise the Council and are praying Turalyon defies his own characterization and goes full-on murder-crusader.

1 Like

Whining all the time about everything isn’t depth. It’s annoying and something you expect from a baby not a hero, leader and king.

No one wants to be around and listen to someone who whines about their feelings all the time.

There is more to heroism than saving the day.

3 Likes

All the boy wonder ever does is cry. There it is.

1 Like

I was blown away by the cinematic.

Ppl are big ole whiners.

7 Likes

I’m not exactly sure how to respond as I can see there is a perception of that aspect. I guess I don’t see it as whining. Maybe just a matter of different perceptions ourselves. I do think they were setting the stage for a much more seasoned warrior that still gravitates towards the light.

1 Like

Only thing I don’t like about him is his voice actor. Just… not good. Though most voice acting in WoW sadly is pretty bad, so I guess it’s par for the course. :\