Why Do People Hate Anduin So Much?

I suspect that is AI art, look at Anduins hands closely near the sword. His hands are gripped in the front of the sword and the sword floats behind him. He isn’t actually gripping it. Meanwhile Elfy has her whole arm merging into the bow.

Even so they could be worn down, you’re also assuming that the boarders are only going to be poorly inexperience goblin engineers…the Horde will bring proper Warriors to stall the Lightforged to get those bombs planted.

Yep. Currently Alliance can do anything the horde can but better. It shouldn’t be that way but it is, that should change. This stuff shouldn’t really be denied because it’s quite evident unfortunately and simply means the horde is put into side character mode whenever anything serious occurs.

If they stop murdering the Horde, that would be a good start.

That is just wishful thinking and would just be more plot armor if it was allowed to happen. Realistically, the SI:7 would know any potential Horde plan or countermeasure the moment the idea existed past the initial thought of whoever had it and would either just straight up directly sabotage or stop it or at least the Alliance would be well prepared (knowledge and in an answer) to it.

No Horde city is strategically viable. Half of them are literal ruins. 1 of them is a good earthquake away from tumbling and falling apart and is a laughable joke to begin with. The other has already been sacked.

Even when it comes to “neutral” factions, if an actual full blown war was to erupt, which side do you really think they each are going to gravitate towards? Sure the Horde no doubt has the support of the Stonemaul ogres locked up in the bag…but I’m willing to bet quite the pretty penny that Dalaran, the Cenarion folks, and even the Argents are going to side with the boys and girls in blue…and it isn’t like the ogres are an actual match for any of them…unless again this war is mysteriously being decided by who can bench press the heaviest thing and then maybe if magic isn’t involved the ogres might win it.

But I’m gonna go to bed here. No real sense in arguing over fictional wars anyway plus it isn’t the point of this thread either.

Op can I ask you a strange question? How old are you?

A lot of us are old geezers that were taught men aren’t allowed to cry. Remember that.

Probably. I remember disliking Paladins in general when I was an edgy 19 year old because they were wussy and, ya know, not “Rawr” enough.

So some of it is probably either like, A.) Young people in that phase. Or B.) People who grew up disliking Anduin because of that, and the bias just kinda stayed.

I think it’s perfectly logical for him to be an emotional wreck. And ya know, I can agree that that’s probably not the best type of person to lead an army. But he stepped aside as leader of the Alliance because he himself knew he wasn’t up for it as well.

/Shrug. I think his dynamic is cool. I liked how in the books Varian just expected him to be another masculine Warrior type, and Anduin was too much like his mother. He can totally still develop to be more like his father, yet keep his compassion and “Healer” vibes, and still lead, I think. I mean, Velan does it.

But eh, time will tell. He’s still very young. It makes perfect sense to me why he is the way he is, both in the aspects of lore and RL emotional realism. So I don’t quite get why everyone hates him so much either.

1 Like

The odds that he is going to work through his trauma in a healthy way, anytime soon, are absolutely zero. Nobody else in this game ever has.

Real Hero
( Death of Varian Wrynn- World of Warcraft: Legion - YouTube)
Vs
Anduin
Anduin’s Sadness/FOR THE ALLIANCE : Battle For Azeroth - YouTube

He can’t even be a real hero on the battlefield without tearing up.

i mean dosent each expansion take a couple of years lore wise?

Also people hate him because most of the wow player base dosent understand what character development is and he isint a warmongering leader like they want him to be.

and apprently people also expect him to 100% be like his father when he was just thrust into that position randomly rather unprepared and hasnt have very muich time in the grand scheme of things to figure out how to actually be a leader. dudes learning over time thus CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. but yea that word isint well known around here

Because seeing a male character naturally suffering from PTSD after going through intense pain, manipulation, and trauma, terrifies them because they were raised by 20th century parents who passed on their unhealthy mental gymnastics of men must be unfeeling mutants, emotions are a weakness, etc, and dying of a heart attack in your 50’s from bottled up stress (or snapping/exploding pre-heart failure), is the equivalent of an honorable warrior’s death, even though they’ve got worse PTSD than Anduin has just from not acknowledging their own pain and trauma.

1 Like

Say what you will, but back when discipline was real and men didn’t cry. There wasn’t as much random outbursts of violence in the world. How odd is it that once we started teaching emotions school and workplace violence increased. Not saying it’s a direct causation but the timing is bizarre isn’t it. Perhaps, sometimes it’s good to control your emotions.

Opening a history book for like…an hour would prove this point wrong

2 Likes

Good lord everything about this statement is so wrong and stupid I love you so much, please don’t stop posting until I get bored.

Hells spend 5 seconds going to a news website proves that wrong lol.

1 Like

So are you saying in the 50’s and 60’s mass school and workplace attacks was as common as they are today?

Would you like to scan through history for all the murders. rapists. and thieves? gangs? mafia?

the difference between then and now is everyone has a cell phone and can record the violence and outbursts

1 Like

I see, so then what your saying is that these specific types of new issues didn’t happen back then. Although there was other crimes which still happen today as well. Like it or not over indulgence in emotions isn’t great for your health either. Moderation is important.

And far more efficient tools to carry out said outbursts, as well as anonymous connections to acquire them, better transport and networking to get to them, and more redacted ideas being spread to wrongly justify them.

1 Like

the new’s was not international in the 50’s and 60’s. someone could have shot up a lot of things and you wouldnt have known about it.

this whole thing about emotions has never ever been a good argument nore will it be. bottling up emotions is just as bad as overly expressing them.

these arguments are naive at best and totally delusional at worst.