Why Do People Hate Anduin So Much?

They have magic.

They can just teleport on it and blow it up from the inside.

The majority of guys who hate Anduin tend to be the emotionally stunted so-called “alpha males” (at least they think they are) who seem to have an aneurysm at the depiction of any straight male that expresses emotional complexity beyond “me smash, you die” “war good” “give me beer” “nice rack”. They also tend to be hardcore faction war lovers/extreme pvp’ers.

Bonus points if they use the term ‘soyboy’ which is so cringe in itself. The irony being far more people would rather sleep with Anduin than them XD

Because the Alliance doesn’t have magic (and even the clearly superior practioners and faction of magical beings)?

Also even if we grossly downplay the power of the ship…it’s still very clearly capable of causing significant damage to the terrain itself and from literal orbit. The fortified gates of Org got knocked down by some hippy elves with glaives…is the typical Horde building going to withstand bombardment from a space laser? Is your typical horde leader immune to the blasts? Assuming the SI:7 just doesn’t straight up assassiante core Horde leaders, whose to say they don’t just pinpoint targets and have the totally useless space laser shoot them from wherever they’re hiding.

Because those are just basic war 101 type of scenarios that the Alliance is clearly capable of and yet never seems to even be an option.

How do you suggest they do that? There’s a reason this isn’t a realistic form of invasion in the warcraft universe already after all. Mass teleportation lorewise pretty much requires an archmage and other mages can counterspell portals and redirect them. This is without getting into the concept of magical wards.

If you knew anything about the effective or targeting of orbital weapons, then you’d know that they’re only effective in low orbit.

Meaning their line of sight will be effected by weather conditions (which shamans can influence) and puts them in range of being boarded.

Plus you’d have to get the Light Dreanei to agree to risk their home…I don’t think they’ll like that idea.

Let them, I wouldn’t mind having extra calamari sushi for dinner tonight

Then they can board the ship with wind riders or rockets from goblins.

Horde isn’t that defenseless.

And now all those wind riders and goblins are dead from advanced light forged mechs. They unfortunately are incredibly weak and defenseless in the lore.

1 Like

Can cross timelines, go into the world of death, kill literal aspects, can’t board a single spaceship. #Logic.

It doesn’t matter.

All they need is an opening to plant bombs to sabotage the ship and its out of action.

Which they will never be able to do realistically. And while all that is happening the group of people who can actually use magic to portal behind anything they want the void elves have dismantled the backline.

Why?

You can’t expect the Alliance to be prepared for every eventuality.

Forum RPers, godmoding is the go to.

Even if I concede that Horde has the stronger shamans at their disposal (because they likely do), it still is completely ignoring that there are other technological and magical means that still clearly favor the alliance…and the alliance isn’t helpless on the shaman front either. If my memory serves, Jaina was about to turn Org into a gigantic swimming pool and from what I recall, Thrall was resorting to begging her for mercy and not to do it because he wasn’t able to control the water to stop challenge her himself.

And you’re still missing the main point is that the spaceship is just one tool that isn’t currently being answered. The devs/writers have just opted to pretend the thing doesn’t exist. Unless it was mentioned in a book somewhere, it played absolutely 0 role in this grand war where both sides pulled out every trick in the book (except, you know, not all the actual tricks because Horde can’t be allowed to be wiped out).

And even if the spaceship targeting system could be thrown off target a bit because shamans moved some clouds…pretty sure getting a “close enough” shot is still quite the net negative for the Horde. At the bare minimum, having orbital fire raining down on your people more or less randomly (at worst) is sure to put quite a few folks at great distress and put quite the damper on any kind of production.

But it’s ok because apparantly the ship is off getting some tasty grub in a galaxy far away…or maybe it ran out of fuel and is just waiting for an intergalactic tow. Better get the mechagnomes on that (even if that was the case…not like the Horde has any kind of comparable engineering chops on their side…they can make good bombs though).

Discussing feelings is not what a mmo game is about. Dealing with trauma and reconciling emotions is for novels and movies because that media will cover and resolve the subject in a holistic and conclusive way.

If World of Warcraft did a better job telling the story, people would pile a lot less hate on Anduin.

With luck, the writers will realize that now is the time to have Wrathion swoop in (literally and figuratively) and rescue Anduin from his woes in a way that only a man can. He’ll wipe away Anduin’s tears and marvel at how handsome the youth looks with his rugged beard and short-cropped hair. Their blossoming love will bloom and the two will make the best love story Stormwind has ever seen.

I’ll concede that it could do some potentially lethal damage but its only a one-trick pony.

If you relied on it for every engagement then the Horde would find a way to destroy it.

Horde players have to do Delves with Brann Bronzebeard. They didn’t even bother coming up with a Horde character to do it with.

And if putting Thrall in the background wasn’t enough, Blizzard couldn’t even be bothered to not cover him up with the logo.

1 Like

Seasoned lightforged draenei vers goblin engineers. Not only are they significantly less experienced technologically they are also outmatched when it comes to experience in warfare as well. It’d be a feat for the pilots to even survive the trip to the altitude let alone put a bomb in there. And even if they could plant a bomb in there the vindicaar has already been proven to withstand legion artillery. It’s quite literally men with spears vs men with heavy artillery and machine guns.

I’ll say it again:

Blizzard needs to get a Horde writing team. They can keep the current bozo squad writing the Alliance version of the game, but they need to hire a writing team to do the Horde version of the game.

And I legit want to see that happen because it is a powerful tool that should have an answer to it. Just like there should be some canonical balancing around the technological and intelligence front to give the Horde more credible answers to what can only be clear Alliance advantages.

I started this game as Horde. I don’t really care who wins what because I know it’s all pointless anyway (not like “we”, the players, end up being canonically responsible for all the major raid boss deaths). I just want the story to actually be credible. I can’t make any kind of narrative work that not only justifies a faction war in the face of all the other actual constant threats but even if there was a faction war, why the Horde would actually be a credible threat. That is poor writing on Blizzard’s part.

1 Like