Why Do People Hate Anduin So Much?

If you really want to talk war logic, then the Horde would have been decimated multiple expansions ago. They literally have no actual military advantage that would make them a credible threat to the Alliance.

The Alliance have a literal spaceship with the capability to turn Org into a pile of glass at a whim and a spy network who can guarantee the Horde wouldn’t even be able to hide an easter egg without the Alliance knowing what exact shade of color the stripes are…let alone the technological superiority of 3 engineering-inclined races as well as canon population numbers that, supposedly in humans alone, outnumber the entire Horde faction combined.

The Horde win in arm wrestling contests in your typical soldier and yelling louder…and maybe not even the first because supposedly worgen have massive levels of strength (let alone the clear dexterity/agility advantage).

The fact that the Horde even exists as a faction is purely for gameplay reasons. And I play both sides lest you try that defense that I must be biased. I actively post about how the Alliance need to be the active bad guys and how there needs to be some canonical answers to the clear military advantages that just gets ignored constantly.

Nah, this is just his “Into the abyss” moment, He’s going to come out looking like a king in the end. It’s a tired trope.

1 Like

There is no reason why the faction war couldn’t continue. It’s only the writer’s that decided to have a let’s hold hands party.

That would actually be a deep and engaging story. The problem is you would have to tell two stories instead of just one story. I imagine this is the real reason they axed the faction war, to cut costs.

2 Likes

Sure, let’s talk war logic.

As a Horde player at the time, why did I turn over the spaceship to the Alliance?

Oh right. Because it’s Blizzard.

I don’t know probably the same reason why the super powers in the world don’t take over the rest of the countries? Just because one side is stronger it doesn’t always mean they will wipe everyone else out.

Besides, every advantage the Alliance have is because of poor writing from plotarmor.

The better question is why the Horde didn’t get their own. There was a perfectly good shot down version just waiting to be fixed up and put back into service.

But it doesn’t seem to matter much because it seems that spaceship is off picking up some space nuggies in some far off galaxy instead of making some swimming pool craters all throughout Org or shooting the begging to be toppled rock pillars of TB…or maybe I’ve just missed it somehow being a part of any kind of military action since we brought it back home. Definitely didn’t seem to be around when Sylvie decided she wanted to have an epic BBQ after some random dying NE sentinel gave her some sass.

It happened during Legion.

The expansion when Blizzard wrote the Horde out of the game for 2 years.

I could probably bet a sizable amount of money that Midnight will be all about the alliance saving the helpless blood elves whom were so ignorant as to exile the void elves and Alleria despite them actually being a threat to the sunwell. I bet even more that Alleria will be the pseudo main character of Midnight. Can’t wait to see how they make a historically horde place something to be liberated by alliance /s

Like when the Stormwinders talk about “taking back Lordaeron from the Forsaken”.

It was never yours in the first place, you Stormwind Imperialists.

1 Like

A really big fear of mine is that they are going to make Quel’thalas neutral and by extension Silvermoon neutral. The code word for that is already there “reunification of the elves”

1 Like

Horde favoritism!

1 Like

Barf, All elves might become both factions. Just what we need more neutral characters.

2 Likes

It really doesn’t make sense for night elves to want to touch blood elves or void elves with a ten foot pole. Those dudes wouldn’t even accept illidan after he basically became a hero on Argus. If it actually happens I will cry.

Dunno. You almost wonder why these people even play WoW with how much they hate on the Devs.

Why does everyone assume that orbital bombardment is going to instantly win a war against the Horde?

Its an oversized rock with a fancy light effect, not a death star on steroids.

I don’t hate anduin? At least not how is now. How he used to be? Yeah he was def more annoying as a teenager.

I’m not a super big fan but he’s better then his faster who refuses to pay people for building statues of him.

It’s about to happen again. At best you guys will technically have a loose tie in with the Earthen since they are going to be neutral but lets be honest not really anything will come of that. The light, the void and even azeroth itself has alliance characters coded all over it in comparison to the horde. Magni is Azeroth’s speaker, alliance has both the void elves and the LFD and a culture around the light. The best the horde has is some elves with a magical well and mag’har which are technically shadow priests but it’s kind of forbidden magic anyways. Don’t worry though, I guess thrall will be there to weapon shop again.

What other super power exists on Azeroth? The reality is none. IRL there are more than just 2 world super powers with literal world ending capabilities and the actual legit fear of mutually assured destruction is a reality we all get to live with presumably forever (or at least until we become capable of traveling to other planets/systems). You can’t equate real world politics (nor does anyone actually want that).

I’d be 100% fine if the aspects turned on us and used us to waste our time/resources on powering them back up and then stabbing us in the back in some twisted sense of duty that they are protecting azeroth, their actual charge, against a danger that is us. WE are her greatest potential threat precisely because of our capabilities to cause planetary destruction and the fact that we’re now the target of several great universal (and now alternate reality and different planes of existence) threats.

But it’s because there are so many active threats that dwarf our faction-specific squabbles that have literally been present in this game since Vanilla that justifies why the continuous forced faction tension is unrealistic in the first place. Nobody is saying there isn’t those whose “deep rooted hatreds” wouldn’t involve them continuing to fight for that flag in a gulch…but what good is that flag in a gulch when you got a potential god whose capable of literally rewriting the foundational laws of the universe itself deciding to openly attack your world literally right out of the blue (or was the sky stormy gray…I don’t remember).

What are they going to do? Shoot it down with plot convenient catapults like teldrassil?