Why do people expect pity for rolling on a pvp server?

Mark this one up in your tally…

IM ON YOUR FACTION AND I AGREE WITH WHAT THAT ORC SAID, because he is correct.

1 Like

I guess that’s one solution.

So you have people who now find themselves severely outnumbered parking their toons and going to PvE servers. And you end up with a nearly 100% single-faction server.

Thus dies world pvp. Would anyone on the larger faction find that fun?

I guess maybe people didn’t think things would be as unrelenting when it comes to wPVP as it’s turned out to be. I don’t remember it being like this on Ysondre back in my vanilla/TBC/WotLK days. Every red name is instantly SQUIRREL!!!ed in a way that’s almost rabid.

Open, unrestricted PvP does not work. It has never worked. It, by definition, makes unfair fights because allowing unfair fights is exactly how people define MMO PvP. When developers make rulesets that restrict PvP to even teams, PvPers call that “PvE,” get mad about instances, and call those players “care bears.”

There’s a solution to this. They’re called battlegrounds. GG.

There is this problem when people talk about choices. Many people believe that people act ‘rationally’ and are perfectly informed. This is often not the case. People are impulsive, whimsical, and not informed. Many people went PVP realms because that’s what they perceived everyone else was doing. You might say, well that’s not smart. Sure, it might not be, but the fact is people are acting according to their nature, and social pressure is a very strong force in human decision making. In recent history businesses have started to master the art of manipulation and getting people to ‘choose’ to buy their products when they wouldn’t otherwise. Your topic isn’t a problem of choices though. IT’s a problem of what to do when people no longer want to play on a PVP realm, and the solution is simple. There should be paid transfers available. Because then you could once again claim that it’s all up to player choice.

1 Like

I wonder why people make this same post every five minutes. We get it.

I have no problem with what’s going on in pvp servers but TBH some horde are taking the pvp to high level! i saw a tauren warrior with Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros charging a lvl 22gnome in menethil harbor, and the poor gnome died instantly in the charge process as if the tauren stepped on him, which made me wonder “do horde wants alliance players to quit?”

Opinions matter when they come from the oppressed not the oppressors. Did racial equality come about based on the opinions of the dominant race?

1 Like

They think they do but in reality they don’t. PvP servers with no Alliance are not PvP servers anymore. But hey… #nochanges right?

Has nothing to do with server imbalance. I am on horde herod server and i think its 60>40 horde. And you can enter any instances without corpse running to it. Then they camp your body to were u max range rez and get killed again. Or you land at fp and get instantly ganked basically. Thise are all griefing not pvp. .

But whatever i just deal with it , yea it sucks but it will simmer down a little once bgs come out.

PvPers pre-P2: I love world PvP! I love the danger of being ganked anywhere in the open world, while doing the PvE content! Anyone who isn’t on a PvP server is a carebear that isn’t playing the ‘real’ game.

PvPers post-P2: HALP! I CAN’T DO MY PvE CONTENT BECUZ PvP IS HAPPENING ON A PvP SERVER! BLIZZ FIX! HALP!

Normal players: “You think you do, but you don’t.”

1 Like

How dare you try to sleep. Get back here and argue.

1 Like

I’m like 80% sure this guy is a bot. 60 posts, 32 of which are just a variant of “PvP happened” or “Reroll to PvE”. No arguments. Looking through post history, statements are never more than 2 lines long, regardless of questions being posed. Never acknowledges other comments or experiences. Never admits that something may be wrong BUT it’s still okay, never suggests alternatives, never justifies his rationale.

Literally this may just be a microsoft bot. Not as advanced, but still, maybe like a beta version?

2 Likes

Fair? Ever played fps/ fighting games/ anything real? Nothing is fair in life even pro sports cheat all the time.

2 Likes

You want 1v1 fights? roll on pve servers and duel at the door of IF. wpvp isn’t close to be fair, never was and never will be.

They wont change how it work, because there are people that enjoy how it is (I know I am) and that’s the idea of such server. Have you ever see anyone on normal server ask some random nonsense like “I want X change that let me pvp on the open world!” ?!

3 Likes

PvPers are posting the same complaint over and over again, but demand new answers each time.

2 Likes

Ironically, it’s not the 10k queue servers that are having these problems, it’s the servers that were opened to deal with server pop because they were just haphazardly opened and not curated for months before launch

I know. It wasn’t much fun in retail either, but faction imbalance happens. The PvP server I was on (rolled when the server was new) was almost all Alliance. But within two months, it was a horde-predominant server. Ultimately my horde were able to travel freely throughout the world without hassle for most of the time.

I prefer PvP on my own terms, which is why I rerolled PvE.

So… 50 alliance log in and 3 are pvp’ing and the other 47 are in Stormwind jumping up and down like mindless zombies trying to do a [censored] flip… and 50 horde log in and zerg those 3 alliance pvp’ers, so they all run to the forums and complain about imbalance…

this solves nothing

1 Like

Well said, I don’t even care if Horde have more players thats fine, but thousands more starts to become an issue.