Why do males play female characters?

Well being a feral druid I’m usually staring at bears furry butt all day . Can’t wait to get cat form but I’m actually a dog person so I dunno.

And every piece of art is just graphite/paint/pixels etc…on a canvas.

Now, if you had said “with vanilla graphics, is there anything to see?” you may’ve had a reasonable point.

For me, it’s a mix of model, casting animations and voices.

I love the Gnome female voice and hate the male one, so I’d always go female Gnome. Opposite for Dwarf — love the male voice and hate the female one. My retail Night Elf druid started as male while I was feral and then I changed it to female when I started healing because I preferred the model. Can’t stand Humans’ voices nor the male Human model.

My Orcs are all males for some reason, although having seen the females at 60 I sort of wish I’d gone female for my warrior. I have a mix of male and female Undead (mostly female though). My Tauren is male. Haven’t rolled any Trolls.

LOL i remember once long ago in a raid, on teamspeak the big buff male tank keyed up the mic, was a 13 year old girl.
Could not help laughing, imagining the voice coming out of the tank’s game body.

I just make male characters, and make them ugly.
Hmm looks like me? Close enough, good to go LOL
I dont see them anyway much of the time, i roll the camera in 1st person unless i need the SA.

If your toon is female, dont take offense when i keep calling it/you SHE.
Unless i know you in RL, i am simply not going to remember you are a big bearded guy at home.

Same goes if you are really a Victoria Secret model in RL, i’m not going to remember.
In game your a middle aged paladin with a yellow beard, so your going to be a HE, just roll with it.

3 Likes
  1. they are sexist pigs who objectify women " I WANNA STARE AT A GIRLS butt ALL DAY"
  2. they want to be a woman

it’s 2019

1 Like

The truth no one wants to admit

1 Like

Pretending to be a female playing a female is strange and those people have some stuff to figure out. I’d assume for WoW and other MMO’s it is animations. The undead female casting animation is one of the coolest in the game so when I make a caster I choose a female. Sometimes shooters the female sprites have smaller hitboxes which can provide a competitive advantage, although minor, as seen in some R6 titles (not sure about Siege btw, don’t play it).

Also female dwarf because female dwarf.

I generally play females for casters. I like their casting animations better.

I don’t play on an RP server, so I don’t pretend to be female in game.

this is interestingly true, fem gnome/human players tend to be more skilled and deadly in pvp

Not a new topic. Why do we need a new thread?

I personally find it weird to say the least.
Playing a female character makes it feel less masculine as a whole especially in combat, hearing your character get hit for example.

I play a female human. I was in a run that day that had 4 female humans operated by guys.

We all agreed it is because the male human model is a muscle bound hideous thing.

Imagine a mage looking like that.

Who assumes a female character is a female irl nowadays anyway?

Because most beta males are weebs, and it’s weeb like behaviour.

2 Likes

I have a couple male and a couple female characters. The avatars aren’t me -they are characters with roles that I play with in this roleplaying game. I’m not a Tauren, nor am I a Druid, for instance. Why would whatever character I am currently playing’s sex be indicative of mine?

Female tanks are terrible to play with in a group . I hate seeing women getting hit and end up taking threat to save them … then I die and feel weak

2 Likes

It isn’t that you’re not doing anything else. It is the fact that it is there, in the middle of your screen. And when you’re running through the godforsaken Barrens, there really isn’t much else to look at for minutes at a time. “Oh look, more brown.”

Not this again. Didn’t we leave this discussion behind years ago? If not, we should have.

Better question. Why do guys make dude toons? Isn’t looking at some dude’s buff behind for 60 levels pretty ghey? :stuck_out_tongue:

Um, not that there’s anything wrong with that

1 Like

Mages do look like that, except with dresses on, lol A human male mage or rogue or lock is exactly the same size as a human male warrior or pally. The class don’t change that. That’s something i have always thought they did wrong out of the gate.

1 Like

I play female characters in every game I play. I usually find them more aesthetic. I never pretend to be a female, I’d just rather look at a female.

2 Likes

depends on the race for me
human-female
gnome-either
dwarf-male
nelf-female

undead-either
orc-male
tauren-male
troll-neither, I hate them