Why do males play female characters?

I often wonder why guys pick female characters in mmos. And do they pretend to be female in game?

6 Likes

I have an even mix of both male and female characters. For me, it honestly comes down to casting animations. Sorry but male NE casting is just so unappealing. Casting Wrath looks like I am manifesting and throwing my migraine at mobs.

64 Likes

Are you trying to tell us something? Don’t be shy

22 Likes

Typically if I’m going to be staring at the back of a character for an extended period of time, I might as well have a nice view. It’s also pretty amusing to hop in voice chat with my super deep voice to surprise anyone who actually took the gender of my character too literally. Aesthetic in character wardrobe design can also come into play, but with WoW not so much. Some MMOs the male designs are just trash.

In WoW though, my character is a male undead just like it was back in vanilla.

14 Likes

I made a female druid because I was tired of watching the male night elf casting dab. I will miss the pelvic thrust though.

12 Likes

migraine missiles comin right at ya

20 Likes

Why you pick a cow?

You pretend to be a cow in game?

It a friggin video game.

Maybe out of all the characters I have, I want diversity and not all dwarf males.

66 Likes

Night elf males are probably the ugliest race in the game. Armor models look better on human females. Dwarfs and gnomes are always male, as for every race on the horde.

8 Likes

Trolls take the cake I’m sorry

3 Likes

Why do you care? Are you insecure because a man plays a female character? Does it affect you in any actual way?

11 Likes

Undead females do flips and have such cool melee animations -Undead Rogue

16 Likes

Could always make a male NE alt who’s sole purpose in game is to dance in a major city. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

undead females look cooler …

3 Likes

I own several female night elves and am male. They look better in gear and I like their animations so it’s that simple really. Should I be upset that in tomb raider I’m playing a girl and write a letter to the developer so I can be manly main character?

11 Likes

All females and I am male. I would rather look at the female curves than the male ones. And they look better in robes imo.

5 Likes

It’s not necessarily that. I think lots of ppl identify with their characters, and almost think of them as an extension of themselves. Personally, for example, when I look at the gear of my character, I think that I have pretty good gear, or I need better bracers. The one time I tried a female character a while back, I thought of that character as “her” not me. Naturally, ymmv.

5 Likes

Female aesthetics are more appealing to me.

8 Likes

I like the combat animations of the female undead. Also, the Marge Simpson hair is a throw back to the warrior I played back in vanilla. Simple as that. I like flip evis and large absinthe colored hair.

3 Likes

Because im sexy…

The Human males turn into hunchbacks when they hold a two hand weapon…

And male Dwarves look like noobs…

4 Likes

Some of the different models I find bothersome to watch lumbering around or moving awkwardly (That’s the reason I couldn’t play a Worgen in retail, hate the way they move). My Paladin for example is a dwarf female because it’s awesome to watch the crazy hair during the cast animation!

6 Likes