Why do males play female characters?

My main is now a Paladin.

If I’m going to be wearing a dress, I may as well have the curves for it.

Thursday. By the Way, Thanksgiving is in a week, so plan ahead if your going to your old folks home for dinner. Also be sure to arrive a day or two early with intent of sleeping over for a good 3 days, Traffic won’t be kind to you on the Holiday. :turkey: :poultry_leg:

But my original comment wasn’t me being a donkey here, i’m just still somewhat surprised that this is still a thing to some people, when honestly imo, should just be accepted at this point that people are going to play the characters that don’t match up to their gender in games simply cause, they can and it’s their choice to do so.

1 Like
  1. because i can. When i played Diablo 2 way back in the day if you wanted to play Barbarian it had to be a male. If you wanted to play an Assassin it had to be a female. Then i played WoW and my first characters were a human paly then a dwarf hunter then a male nelf. Then i thought to myself “ohh look i can be a female rogue” and so i did. I didnt immediately pull my shorts and underwear off and start playing her pantsless, i didnt tuck it back and start flirting with male characters in game and i didnt start wearing dresses and heels irl. The game let me pick a female so i did.

2. i’m not a super srs roleplayer that has to make some kind of connection or bond with my avatar in order to play a game. The character is not me i am not him and we are not one. My character is a puppet and i’m the puppeteer. I tell it to swing a sword and it does. That doesnt mean i have never rolled male characters ever. I’ve had a male orc hunter, a male tauren warrior and a male belf paly. I liked the orcs shooting animation, the way the tauren looked in armor and the casting animation of the belf.

I’m confident enough with my sexuality to be able to play a female character without fear of repercussion by someone who’s obviously not. That & it’s totally bada** to be killed by a little gnome girl with pink hair BOOOOOOOM IT"S MAAAAAA’M

6 Likes

Brilliant idea . I wish I thought of that when I made my feme orc war .

But I hate my ex so it would’ve been enjoyable leveling warrior as her.

1 Like

cUs I sTrOnG sTrAiGhT

mE nO gAy

Me LiKe FeMaLe BuTt

9 Likes

They are nicer to look at and generally smaller (gnomes and dwarfs excepted)

Nice edit. Good save :wink:

1 Like

don’t stare at the male characters back too long, you might go gay

1 Like

2019, did you just assume someone’s gender?

1 Like

Hold tf up

1 Like

Why not do it? The whole point of a Fantasy RPG setting is to play things you could never be in real life; why limit it by gender when you’re already allowing yourself to be a sentient cow?

5 Likes

I play male characters except for two races… human and night elf. The male models for those two races are … no offense… goofy lookin. I wouldnt even play female night elves for years because of those big goofy flopping hands they have, but shadowmeld was too good to pass up forever.

1 Like

I don’t know about other people, but as for me, id rather be looking and hearing a female character rather then a man.

1 Like

Never say never but becoming a bull in real life would take alot of jungle juice :cup_with_straw:

I’m more likely to get free gold as a girl character…

Jokes… but seriously, never really understood either (I’m actually a girl btw) but people always assume I’m a guy, when I hop on discord it’s a fun surprise

3 Likes

But then things changed eh? I get it, be you bro, be you

2 Likes

I’m a male.

I’ve played female chrs before. They were always undead female. Why?

Because they had the coolest cast/hit animations. For me it’s always about who has the coolest looking animations for me. And sometimes that happend to a female chr.

1 Like

Sounds like somebody got shot down in flames or socially embarrassed…
Anyhow, I got a few female bank alts, and the Druid I rolled is a NE female because NE males…uhhh, well, no F’ing way…

I bet they would be more surprised if you were playing a human male lol .

1 Like