Why do males play female characters?

True, I think the ultimate shocker would be an orc or even a Tauren male lmao they’ll never see it comin!

1 Like

Did you just assumed where I live haha :rofl: jk
It’s Friday here in New Zealand.

Yeah I was at work and bored so thought I would ask the age old question that no one really cares about but seems to always be a fun topic

1 Like

Oh :no_mouth:

Also im a girl .

1 Like

because they can?

In my opinion some of the character models look better than others. That has the biggest impact on what gender I chose for my avatar. For example.

Human and night elf males look bad. So my human and NE toons will be female.

2 Likes

Undead female animations are just too good.

1 Like

I didn’t say i waited until later either

1 Like

We do like cake.

because the alliance guys look like dorks.

nice :wink:

I play woman because I like woman more than men.

But seriously it probably comes down to whether or not the player identifies their character as an extension of themselves or as they are controlling a separate entity.

Even if they do think of it as themselves I don’t see anything wrong with playing whatever you want to be.

Because I want to. why does it matter?

Funny story though, in vanilla I mained a female Troll warrior on Malganis named Amyia… which was named after my (now ex)wife Amy. hearing people call her name in teamspeak got funny because she always answered (we played together a lot).

I don’t have that character anymore since the divorce… But I still play female toons, I just find some of them more appealing as I don’t care about embracing my feminine side at all.

Did you assume my gender?

I pick male because I identify as male and my character is an extension of me. To the people staring at butts I have to ask, why are you staring at butts in the game and how does that effect your raid awareness?

3 Likes

I don’t understand why people feel the pixels in an animated fantasy video game have any correlation to the player. Do you think you are your toon or something? To me that’s far stranger than picking one sex or the other.

Even in RP, I feel my character is a character in a novel - not me.

What a truly strange mentality. It’s similar to: why would a male author create female characters in a book?

P.s. I play a mix of both based predominantly on if the model slouches or not.

2 Likes

I guess this means boys can’t play Tomb Raider or Metroid. But that means girls can’t play any game that features a male character.

1 Like

That’s how I’ve always felt. I’m controlling a character that is going on an epic adventure. I’m not that character myself and I’m not pretending to be that character or roleplay as that character.

I can understand the desire to do so, but for me it has always been a separate entity from myself.

Most games don’t even have a character creation. I don’t pretend I’m that random character when playing those games.

1 Like

Why Did you pick a cow? Do you moo irl?

1 Like

If that’s the case only bears and cats can play a druid class.