Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

My point is that a more experienced PvPer would identify and train an undergeared player more than a casual PvPer/PvEr.

That is how and why I’m able to clock up well over 100 CC including 30+ Polymorphs while being spell-locked perhaps twice the entire match, if that lol

You present a subjective ‘controlled scenario’ that simply isn’t reflected in reality of casual BGs.

Now in Rated Battlegrounds, yes, your points most certainly carry weight, hence why RBG Teams dont invite undergeared players… not even in LFG yolo.

You’ve essentially agreed that human error (or rather, the opposite team taking advantage of errors) is what contributes to a win/loss, and not gear difference.

The argument of gear has more weighting in Arena, where the objective is to kill the other players. Battlegrounds involve objectives… where killing other players only increases your chances of winning - it doesn’t define who wins.

Which is sad because WoW has the best PvP in whatever genre it belongs to now. I was skeptical coming over from EverCrack in 2008 because the PvE there I loved so much. The work that went into it by the guilds planning raids, gearing up, grinding through content. Initially, WoW looked like a Disneyland version of EverCrack’s PvE because all the bosses looked like cartoons and the strats looked like something a chimpanzee could be trained to do. However, the first time I was in world PvP and the Battlegrounds I was impressed. I didn’t think Dark Age of Camelot or EverCrack were at all close to what WoW had with those. They should embrace their PvP community and players a little more because they really have something unique in their PvP game.

No I said in scenario you gave, not all things. But I am done repeating myself. You clearly lack the ability to grasp what I am saying.

Unless what I been saying over and over and over and over. It’s the potential is my only problem. I am not talking about the other factors, because both sides can do that completely naked that for arguements sake is balanced. The issue is gear can be and sometimes is a factor.

You didnt like the car example so fine. Here is one in wrestling or boxing. 80% of the time you fight in the featherweight class but every once in awhile you are forced to fight a heavy weight.

If that’s the case they should do a separation by mmr. No fair that diff skill levels are put against each other!

In previous xpacs people being under geared in random bgs vs others was the exception not the rule.

No it was pretty common.

I never constantly saw an entire team vastly out gearing the other. But never in all my time playing this game saw fresh cap lvls make up one team and full conquest geared making the other. I once saw a wsg that was all rogues on both teams that was the craziest thing ever, because it was before time limits.

And I haven’t seen that this expansion.

Where one side vastly out gears the other oh yeah I have seen it plenty and others have stated over and over and over again. At this point I can only assume you are trolling so I am done with your idiocy.

1 Like

Okay see ya.

1 Like

But this is a dumb ideology (and ion pretty much agreed with ya in the one video which pissed me off)

Before if you wanted to take part in both systems you did both systems. You enjoyed playing both systems to be competitive in each system. The awesome part was if you didn’t want to you didn’t have to.

Now we have a system where people are incentivized to play all content to be at the top of theirs. So if pvers that didn’t want to PvP now need to for an extra shot at a Titan forges and essences. Pvpers have to do mythic + to be extra geared. So you have a bunch of people who are incentivized to play content they don’t enjoy. (Gearing aside this also includes stupid stuff like warfronts and islands in my books).

What better way to get people to unsub than getting them to not enjoy your game because they spend half their time doing stuff that’s not fun for them?

2 Likes

No one is forced to do that though. You can do pvp and some world quests and be fine. No need really to do mythic anything unless you want to.

If you want to PvP competitively at all let me refer you to. …

And I’ve seen plenty of pver threads both on this forum and gd saying they don’t enjoy having to PvP as well.

A lot of unhappy people.

1 Like

I’m talking random Bgs. Not 3s arena where players are matched by mmr.

Jugga that’s not the point of my post. I said both sides when playing at a competitive level don’t enjoy being forced to do content they don’t enjoy.

The statement stands :roll_eyes:

I don’t disagree

But I will say that PvErs have to PvP significantly less than the other way around

It’s possible to still be very successful in PvE without PvPing outside of just gettingg Conflict if yor spec needs it, but the reverse isn’t true at all

4 Likes

100% to be fair to those that do though I don’t want them to have to PvP anymore than I want us to have to pve.

Similar with islands and stuff. Blizzard creates content so they feel like they need to force it by drastically increasing it’s rewards over other avenues. They need to give people options but not force them to play every single option.

We don’t seem to run in the same circles on the boards, but every post I’ve seen of yours is gold.

Nah. It was much more balanced than now. Even if scaling wasn’t there you caught up in all gearing in a day if you put the time.

I had alts of every class geared and playing regularly.

Yea arena need better gearing per rating. Gear is fine for randoms though.