Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

[quote=“Maladàth-crushridge, post:296, topic:282789”]
What you are ignoring is WoD pvp gear was much much much quicker to obtain. Not only were you able to get random drops from bgs and ashran, but you were able to save up currency to target pieces that you needed that you weren’t getting from drops. Within about 3 hours of farming on a fresh 100 you were able to stand toe to toe with CP geared players. You get a fresh 120 do 3 hours of pvp and come tell me the same.[/quote]

It’s hilarious that people keep ignoring this just so they can attempt to make a point. :joy:

1 Like

Once again, thanks for completely missing the point.

1 Like

I mean I don’t disagree, but I’m still ok with like minor reasons to do both just that are optional. WoTLK for example there was super insane PvE gear but you also could succeed and beat people with that gear as someone with full PvP gear if you were better, and also there were advantages for raiders to get a 2200 wep early on of a raid tier.

It exposes people to try another part of the game for a slight advantage but it doesn’t feel forced. And that’s not really horrible imo. It’s just bad if you really care about one part of the game and you can’t even put time into it at all until you’ve done others (which is how it is for PvPers).

Basically dipping your toes in for a slight optional advantage is definitely ok imo. Just an excessive amount where you’re not really able to do what you want makes it feel unfun. People need options.

5 Likes

Most people in this forum talk about random Bgs. You don’t really need the best gear to do well there. Arena I could see, they could improved rated pvp gear.

The problem for me is that this line seems very very hard for them to walk.

I’d rather there was no incentive to do the other content (other than cosmetics). Rather that you’d be competitive so once you’re done your content if you reaaaallly wanted to you could go try it out and not be a hole. I see what you’re saying though and I think blizzard leans that way as well.

Once again thanks for completely missing the point of my original post :roll_eyes:

And clearly you miss mine.

Nope I get yours. It’s irrelevant to the post you replied to.

1 Like

The post you referred me to is talking about arena. I agree, rated pvp could have better gear drops (more frequent to actually gear there) But this thread is about having to Mythic RAID (not just M+ even) to just participate in randoms.

No. The post you initially replied to was my reply not to the op but erelir about a completely different idea that was brought up in this thread by someone else?!

Then you went on to post an irrelevant reply that completely missed the point. My reply was about the mindset of erelir (maybe not his actual opinion, just his explanation of the current system) and ions mindset. All of which Dilly posted as much in a different thread and then came here to agree. PvP gearing sucks.

Not once did I mention random bgs or anything to do with gear levels at all. Thanks for continuing to reply with silly irrelevant information though :+1:

2 Likes

He was talking about randoms too… you know, keeping it on topic. This thread is about randoms, read the title and the OP

He never mentioned randoms in his post. His post is about a general mentality that gear doesn’t need to be seperated.

Who cares about what the op was talking about. You know discussions evolve right? If you’re talking with a friend about the weather and they change it to sports because the weather might affect how a team plays, do you tell them they’re wrong to be talking about the team because your original topic was the weather? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Read the post above the one you replied to. He is clearly talking about randoms

1 Like

What you think he’s “clearly talking about” is irrelevant. Read his post. It’s about the mentality of gear seperation, which is what I was replying to. Glad we could agree that your response was not to mine or his but the person’s before though. Maybe you should have gone and tagged him instead?

1 Like

I did read his post. He is talking in general pvp in a thread about randoms

Lol but he doesn’t mention randoms once. He’s talking about the mind set of seperating gear. That applies to all PvP everywhere.

You don’t need to.

Maybe he can answer what he was referring to

It doesn’t even matter to what he’s referring to. In that post he talks about PvP gearing seperation. That applies to literally all PvP gear. Which is the part I talked about. Which is the part I copied Dilly for. I didn’t say anything about random battleground gearing. I didn’t say anything about which content had better gearing. I literally talked about gear seperation and you chose to make an absurdly irrelevant reply.

Just… Wow…

1 Like

But it does. In a thread about randoms. If I went to the arena forums and said the same thing, you’d have a point.

Well as long as you don’t let your friends talk about Patriots when you bring up the weather I guess :joy::joy::joy:

I think this duel is becoming a stalemate guys, someone needs to land some big burst here or its just gonna peter out

2 Likes