Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

That’s not high enough for random battlegrounds, evidently. Even with scaling to buffer the difference.

1 Like

PvE is easier than PvP, guys. Real players are generally harder to overcome than scripted NPC encounters. Gearing through PvE is always going to be the path of least resistance.

We could bring back resilience or PvP power but those needless separators just prevented players from trying their hand at other game types.

The gatekeeping isn’t necessary when you’re perfectly capable of gearing in the content that you most enjoy, even though it isn’t 100% the most time efficient route.

But it’s not needed just a bonus if you do.

Had a 395 Ring and 410 Titanforged Boots drop from a few Randoms last night.

Now at 393 ilvl… and at 184k HP.

Damage is well below par, though expected granted that I’m not using GPy. Instead I spam CC and peel for our healers, which made a world of difference and won us a few nodes and flag-caps.

Would base sit if no one else was around.

You dont need to be geared and do damage to make a difference in casual BGs. Every class and spec can contribute a lot of utility, interrupts, CC that can give your team the upper-hand.

And in many ways can be more fun being the world’s biggest pest :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have the advantage of being a mage with spam able ccs and fairly decent mobility. Classes without spamable cc feel like an anklebiter trying to take on their big brother. Go try it with something like a warrior or paladin you will come back singing a different toon

WoD’s pvp gear system was much better didnt require balancing of a stat but already had 2 different strengths and a mythic raider was already on par with a CP geared player. But the pvp trinket set bonus made sure pvp trinkets were best and pve set bonuses wouldnt work in instance pvp

1 Like

Can’t repeat it enough it seems. the potential is the problem and that is what needs to be addressed doesnt matter if on average it doesnt affect all the time. The fact that there are times it does is the issue we are talking about. Or at least I am talking about

1 Like

Exactly. WoD was amazing. It’s astonishing that people didn’t like that gearing. It was by far the most balanced.

3 Likes

Both Warriors and Paladin have a Tank spec that can interrupt more often, on top of better survival than their DPS specs.

Paladin has a truck ton of utility to hand out to other classes… Freedoms, BoPs, buffs.

It’s for the same reason I remain Fire as opposed to Arcane - more CC and interrupts on three different schools.

1 Like

And tank specs arent nearly as useful as people think, especially low ilvl ones

Sure they can. They can spin nodes for a lot longer than a Mage.

• Safeguard (on an ally Healer)
  • Dragon Roar (AoE Snare)
  • Stormbolt or Rumbling Earth (to reduce Shockwave - easy to get away with in BGs)
  • Dragon Charge to cause knock-backs and interrupts
  • Pommel
  • Rallying Cry

Though this is only the one class out of twelve you’re pointing out here… and still has utility outlined above they can cycle through.

1 Like

No it wasn’t. Fresh 100 was just as bad off as a fresh 120 now. There’s a reason twos carries was a thing. At least now you can gear up a little before stepping into a bg and being useless. Back then was Ashran (lol!) or Bgs… and it was the same then as now. I could take 3 fresh leveled players when I had cp gear.

I see a tank at that ilvl and I can/will shred through them before they are a problem or they are just a gnat buzzing in my ear as I know they aren’t bringing much of a benefit overall. I use that as an example but if I was so inclined I could break it down for quite a few classes. My class for example brewmaster sucks in pvp worse tank hands down in pvp. Ww some of the worst potential dps spec in group fights just slightly a head of a rogue without vanish.

But see the problem is what the potential is. In a control setting with equally skilled players, same comp, same traits and essences, and the only difference is one side is more geared than the other, then guess who wins? I just want that issue addressed, that’s it.

I can take 3 fresh leveled players now, your example is a pretty flawed one. Hell in some situations I can take 3 400 ilvl players now

That’s why I said the disparity is no diff…

What you are ignoring is WoD pvp gear was much much much quicker to obtain. Not only were you able to get random drops from bgs and ashran, but you were able to save up currency to target pieces that you needed that you weren’t getting from drops. Within about 3 hours of farming on a fresh 100 you were able to stand toe to toe with CP geared players. You get a fresh 120 do 3 hours of pvp and come tell me the same.

1 Like

Not everyone in casual BGs is a Duelist…

This is never a thing in casual BGs.

Two of my BGs we won yesterday had the Horde out-damage and out-heal our Alliance team.

Next time it happens I’ll screenshot the results and post it.

1 Like

Being able to dmg someone you out gear has nothing to do with the skill lvls involved.

So I have repeated this over and over and you and jug just dont seem to get it so I will go very slow for you one word at a time:

The

Problem

Is

The

Potential

Exists

And

Gear

Will

Be

The

Deciding

Factor

In

That

Situation.

I have seen it doesn’t happen often, but it does.

And there could have been several factors, I seen that very thing and it was because the enemy team was farming the gy and a couple of people slipped through and took objectives. That’s human error not a strength imbalance. Which is the problem I am talking about

1 Like

Depends if you were winning or not. Right now, you could do a few hours of world quests and be able to do fine in Bgs. Damage isn’t the only thing that wins Bgs and I think that’s what you focus on too much. With that said, they definitely could adjust scaling better to match 3 seasons of gear.

Because the PvE players don’t want to spend time working towards PvP gear and they outnumber the PvP players. I loved it when I could earn my PvP gear by putting in my time doing that. I never complained about grinding that time away because it had a long-term goal. It was something I never saw in EverCrack but it was the first major change in an MMORPG that I thought was done right when it came to PvE vs PvP content and gearing. They should have stuck with it because it was a unique idea and I personally thought it was a great idea.

1 Like