Why do I get the feeling HC is going to fizzle out faster than SOM?

This one and the threads it spawned were hilarious.
As was

Blizzard gave out some detention for once and people lost their minds over getting caught breaking the rules.

Chumps.

2 Likes

I’m very excited to play. Not because of HC so much as the fact that there will be fresh servers.

The most fun I have ever had in the game (played since 2007) was the few months following fresh server launches. Levelling out in the world and running dungeons with lots of people to play with is so much fun to me.

1 Like

I cant help but think the first huge gank/pvp fest that wipes a side will absolutely decimate peoples resolve. Like it only takes one rogue decked out in with mc daggers one shotting lowbies to fhost the place lol

It’s going to fizzle out because HC is already established on a seperate server.

…and it’s been run by clowns that forgive deaths for a year.

Party is over. You’ll have a small(er) group running on these servers, with no way to correct a death.

1 Like

If it’s server related dc from a ddos then chances are they’ll revert the deaths of anyone affected by the ddos. But if it’s just on your end, an appeal system would just be abused. How would blizzard know the difference between a genuine dc and someone who just unplugged their internet to cheat death?

1 Like

You say this but the community you mentioned has been doing exactly what you said they wouldn’t for like five months

The rules on the official HC servers have made it so that you have to enable PvP by typing in /pvp - the Quests and so on enabling PvP have been changed, and NPCs like Kazzak chained, so a gankfest should be only for those really wanting it.

1 Like

gonna play hc but much rather fresh tbc. thatd be awesome.

in original vanilla, i was in the human starting area, doing a quest. a tauren, forsaken and troll, suddenly arrived at my location. i waved at them then bent down to loot a mob but tauren hoof was standing on it. instead of right click looting, it right clicked the tauren hoof and insta flagged me. dead. i ran back, now flagged. dead. i tried again, not realizing what a flagged pvp state was. dead. it was so confusing, i knew i hadnt selected a pvp server. quit the game and didnt play again for like 3 months lol

anyway, will right clicking flagged enemy still flag ya? if so, this is fair warning. if enemy standing on your mob, dont try to loot it.

No it won’t. You’ll have to type in /pvp in chat to activate PvP. I love this “detail”. As I had a high level IronMan killed almost the same way.

From Rules of Engagement:

Players will no longer be automatically flagged for PvP upon attacking another player. To flag yourself for PvP, you must type the command /pvp. You won’t be able to take hostile actions against a flagged enemy player unless you flag yourself deliberately.

1 Like

And, why won’t they be going over to official HC? They can still use the addon, and play with all the rules. The only difference is you can’t appeal a death. Are you saying you’re a cheater?

1 Like

HC dead on arrival, meme game mode

You certainly can, I’ve tested it. People telling others to “just use the addon to play SSF” is pointless.

Why you think that?

Cause all the zoomers and min/maxing, you all gonna be “done” and want something new in a week.

ok, and then you can’t get verified at 60. you think the addon devs didn’t prepare for cheaters? :expressionless:

The addon still showed a pass. Idk what else to tell ya. /shrug
Edit, why should I be concerned with some people checking me at 60 to see if I’ve passed? Isn’t this a mostly personal goal? I mean, you can’t really cheat on yourself.

HC won’t be for everyone. I myself will probably give it a go versus playing in Cata. May not like it but that’s ok.

1 Like

I am most certainly going there, just not the first two weeks :wink:

I got to 60 on bloodsail and it was by no means difficult. I just wanted to see what the game was like being extra careful. It was okay, but I’d never do it again. Normal pve servers and not caring about death is much more enjoyable but if you havent dinged 60 with zero deaths I completely understand wanting that milestone. Just take it from me, it really wasn’t as rewarding as I thought it would be.

I figured in my 50s I’d get more nervous that I was this invested and far along. On the contrary, I just felt too powerful and that I’d have to go out of my way to find death. Dinging 60 and being able to buy my epic mount because I couldn’t blow money on the ah was a nice addition. But still, I haven’t touched that char since I basically got my preraid bis. I prefer my priest on a normal pve realm.

Good luck.

No Blizzard has advised there is going to be zero death forgiveness for any reason, all deaths are final. You will play at your own risk, which is the way it should be.

2 Likes