Why do I get the feeling HC is going to fizzle out faster than SOM?

if you got to 60 and tried to get verified, it would fail.
you don’t know what you’re talking about :expressionless:
you just decided you hate the HC addon community and are looking for reasons to hate on it.

If that’s your attitude then you don’t even need the addon, buddy :roll_eyes:
If you use the addon, you’re expected not to cheat.

I’m worried DDOS attacks will become more frequent from trolls who wanna “kill those HC players” :expressionless:

This is how its going to play out. The first month will be good. Once a number of people have their 60s they will be bored with it and troll the other players. Casuals dont stand a chance and me being casual Im not going to play it. I give it 60-90 days.

So a player can make a toon to use to destroy others on purpose. Enjoy.

1 server lag
2 people dc and die
3 rage quit uninstall hc
4 hc dead in 1 month

1 Like

Yes, players can still grief others, and some probably will, though unlike on the current ERA servers it will take significant effort and dedication, as they will also be able to die, and even if they don’t, they will face potential bans from Blizzard as well as will likely find future opportunities more limited to non existent on the server, as its likely griefers will become known.

Thats how HC is though, and to be honest it’s not anything to worry about any more than DCs are, as it just means you need to restart again, and if thats something that you can’t handle, then a HC server might not be right for you and is something you need to decide. The nature of HC means eventually something is going to go wrong, while for some people its easier if its their own stupidity and mistakes, the end result is the same.

People dying and restarting are actually one of the positives and benefits of the HC, as it constantly recycles people through the 1-59 content.

No, I like the addon. Because people say “just use the addon” I’ve been testing it and it’s many holes. You say cheaters can’t be verified at 60. I say that’s incorrect. You can just cheat your way to cap and change the data. This is why I would have liked to have it supported as an option in the upcoming hardcore server.

I am not your buddy.

Only in dungens / Raids or also out in the world? If the latter please tell how so that I can avoid these places or traps. Death to accidental PvP is the worst for me to swallow.

Ddos attacks aren’t even that big a deal. Only so many will happen before they go to prison.

To be honest I don’t really expect many people to put time and effort into griefing and expect most people blamed for griefing will simply have done something stupid, or be trying to save themselves, similar to the ERA servers, minus the SC players and PvP flagging issues, but where those impacted by someone else’s mistakes get upset, and feel it was intentional.

Out in the world the primary ways I can see is by people kiting mobs over you, and then losing agro, but where if your fighting, you might pick up their agro, if that happens its a good time to watch your AOE, as well as possibly run. Also avoid fighting in what is likely to be someone else’s escape point, which is one of the reasons caves are dangerous, escape options are low.

Dungeons are more problematic, because to be honest the most likely thing to happen will be someone just makes a stupid mistake like pulling an extra pack. As few groups go into instances underleveled this shouldn’t be as much an issue though as most groups should be able to handle mistakes. Now if someone yells Leroy, pulls the entire instance, then well you likely drew the short straw, and hopefully they get banned.

While I expect very little griefing in HC, I do expect a lot of people to make stupid mistakes though, so it’s always good to plan accordingly. If people play smart and are aware of their surroundings and what their escape options are, the chance of dying to someone else’s mistake are low. Also and this shouldn’t need to be said, but people shouldn’t be jerks and make people want to grief them.

3 Likes

Thank you. I won’t do dungeons, and I tend to die to my own mistakes in the open word :wink: Overconfidence after having new gear or a new ability and “Just this last [insert Quest mob]” being the major reasons.
I have learned to watch my surroundings :innocent: but I think respawns will probably be bad the first weeks, and the reason for not a few deaths.

No, Dwight Twilley is on fire.

Thanks but I’ll stick with Springsteen.

The logistics are mind boggling.

You need a bank toon for sure.

Ultimately you probably want a professions/gathering alt/s…

Then there’s just things like getting certain recipes that will make you want to park the character.

then you need a bevy of slowly leveled alts to take the edge off death.

Even things like an UBRS key…Id probably park him.

Dungeon running will be scary enough…cant imagine raiding…

raid wipes? yea…now you need everyone leveled/close to pre-raid BIS…

Attunements! OMG. Wipe in MC…BRD runs galore. Even worse? Onyxia…yea getting another Drakfire isnt a quick fix…

Then imagine dying with 1 Thunderfury binding, the Leaf or Eye…

That’s nightmare fuel.

There is a breed of people that feed off of the adrenaline that Hardcore brings. Those people will keep it alive, for sure. It may feel like it fizzles out when those who don’t have that ‘bug’ leave, but I think those who stay, those adrenaline junkies will be enough to sustain a server.

1 Like

Yep, and even if you know what you’re doing it’s easy to screw up the patrolling gargoyles in undead strat or mispull in scholo, or accidentally pull something in DMN tribute, or accidentally pull the bar in BRD, or whatever and get killed.

If you’re raiding its easy to get clipped by all kinds of things, and have fun doing things like broodlord in BWL where even if you know what to do he can still pop a geared tank occasionally, or c’thun trash that is notorious for killing random people even in good raids. If you skip the trash with a hunter…sometimes they get FD resist and just die, or screw up the skip, etc.

1 Like

It’s like… they don’t realize that Hardcore has existed in online games for a long time. I played D2 HC on dial-up, and couldn’t tell you how many hours i lost to disconnect.

People that make the comment about appeals are ignorant about the real reason people play Hardcore. I see Asmongold say it all the time, but he doesn’t get Hardcore.

Honestly, I think those people just can’t enjoy the true adrenaline rush that Hardcore provides. I’ve turned several people onto Hardcore only, in several games, once I got them addicted to the adrenaline rush.

In the end, it is a game and you’ll eventually put it down. Whether you have 1 char that lived 'til the end or 500 that all died… it doesn’t matter, just enjoy it while you are playing it.

5 Likes

Everyone is going to be pumped, until they hit contested land and get ambushed by a guild of rogues/cats and die instantly.

Then there is going to be bots with a sole purpose of diving someone.

I can see it failing first two weeks when the sweats reach max and literally gatekeep areas wit lows

It’s a pve realm only…

2 Likes

Because you are a doomer.