Why do DH players hate Momentum?

Too much effort for too little gain, there are alternative builds that are much easier to play while still being competitive enough. Especially with the amount of swirlies and area of denial. I’m sure some people enjoy that gameplay, but right now it has started to dominate the meta because it’s more powerful, while this type of playing wasn’t a thing for havoc before. I hate movement based gameplay and I don’t think it belongs in an MMORPG such as WoW, and while I understand some people might like it, I also think it shouldn’t ever be the best build for a single dps spec class that didn’t have this before.

3k isnt “little gain” as much as we talk about movers and no movers being “viable” for all content. momentum at the end of the day takes the cake with a sizeable upgrade in dps. you just gotta have environmental awareness. like yo usaid, its the only class that uses movement for dps, all otther dps specs are stationary. its allowed to have that uniqueness to it. especially since zlear said that movement dps is core to havocs class fantasy. you have considerable amounts of options with class diversity, havoc can be special in its movement niche

If that had always been the case yes. It looks like now I’m going to be forced to drop my main that I’ve played for over 4 years because suddenly movement becomes mandatory. I have ADD and this kind of situational awareness is beyond what my brain can deal with, so I will fight to keep this sudden change of direction (no pun intended) away from havoc.

understandable and based af. i understand the struggle.

What bothers me is, you know the spec isnt that great right now, or rather the talents need to be reworked, but havent taken the effort to make our voice heard in the CC forum, whats the point of the gold text if you cant be our voice?

2 Likes

80 days since I posted this, and still no reply:

Here they replied (after more than a month) that Sinful Brand was a “preferred playstyle”:

Don’t blame me for not trying anymore :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

That was 80 days ago and Season 4 was even longer than that, were in 10.1 not a single post? come on dude

Feel free to apply to the CC and do better :joy:

I have never get picked lol

I don’t see how you can ever get rid of momentum. If there’s a buff that exists that just flat out increases your overall damage, it will always be better than not taking that talent.

Chaos Blades says hi! Increases ALL damage done by 30% for 18 sec. 2 min cooldown, could sync with it Meta EVERYTIME, buuuut nooooooooooooooo DH to OP. Also increased Auto Attack by 150% and makes it Chaos Damage HELLLLLUURRRRRR

1 Like

I would like to Havoc to also have Darkglare in it’s old form or the new one from Vengeance but further desyncing Essence Break from Eyebeam isn’t ideal. I’m not a fan of Momentum myself but I’m learning to progress in M+ and as mobs get more and more HP, the more the 40 Second Strict Rotation becomes more and more bearable.

But still I prefer an option to have a stronger ST focus on Eyebeam and stacking haste for shorter GCD, and not using a movement resource on a maintenance buff.

no havoc doesnt need more cooldowns, to stack.

get on your main then come talk to me.

glad you concede that I am right and you have no arguement.

…No… i just dont want to deal with a troll, but if yo uwant to go that route, we Macroed Chaos Blades to Meta, the extra button didnt matter

never said an extra button was the issue, but instead more dmg amps to stack. more cooldowns will not make havoc more enjoyable

dont interact with that clown. he legit doesnt know how to havoc at all

1 Like

Momentum now exists in its most watered down iteration to date. It’s a total non-issue. People hate it because they still think you have to perform the historic dance to maximize it’s use value. This era has concluded. The difference between burning every FR charge and just reserving it for UBC/VR is such a tiny margin as to be irrelevant. When UBC was the default choice in Shadowlands there was probably a tenth of the complaining that Momentum received so I take it that any further complaining about the talent are either bad faith rage-addicts or top percentile min/max freaks who don’t represent the rest of the community and need to just face up to re-rolling if FR into FB is so frustrating

Its the only thing stopping me from really getting into DH. My druid I can just not use bloodtalons and I do just fine, DH you can’t just not use momentum its too good. Don’t like the playstyle, its a real shame.

1 Like