Why Dishonorable Kills failed at their intended purpose

It sounds to me like you just don’t really like DHK’s and want them gone because they’re not very useful? You haven’t provided any solid reasoning as to why it’s positive to remove them.

Without any positive logical reasoning i can’t support change for the sake of change.

How have your 13 minutes of forum alt time been so far?

They would not be removed if they are never incorporated.

1 Like

This would also be true of every Classic WoW feature that is not part of Phase 1

1 Like

The Honor system was removed at the same time. Can we remove it too?

OK, and? Are you making an earnest case for not adding specific things from post phase 1?

I’m pointing out that your argument about DHKs is so vague that it can be applied to vast swathes of content.

1 Like

What part is vague to you? Even blizzard realized they sucked and removed them in 2.01

They didn’t just remove DHKS; the entire PVP system was overhauled in 2.0.1.

Trust me, you don’t want the rest of the pvp changes introduced in 2.0.1

1 Like

No I don’t. Doing city raids for honor is stupid. People who are actively ranking will not waste 1-3 hours raiding an enemies base for honor. just not worth the time/honor. while if they do it, they will do it with their premade group. The amount of people that will be effected by honor griefing will be very low.

why did you just contradict yourself there? So does it effect people ranking or does it not? doesn’t discourage griefing = not bad enough penalty?
but on the other hand it discourages raids? that would equate to the DHK’s that don’t mean anything?
figure your &^$% out man.

You are the exact reason J. Allen Said “you think you do, but you don’t”
Classic isn’t an opportunity for you to get CHANGES YOU WANT because it will “Fix” the game.

Blizzard has also removed the talent trees, honor system, arrows, bullets, pet happiness, the need to feed your hunter pet, class quests to get druid forms, warlock minions, shaman totems, etc. They have also removed reagents and an absolute ton of other things from the game. Heck, they have even removed the need to have to have a fishing pole to fish. They have removed attunements. I could go on and on, but I’m sure you get the point.

All those things I listed that Blizzard has removed was in Vanilla. So with your logic, I suppose we could just remove those things and launch Classic? Does that make those things bad and that’s why they were removed? By your logic, yes.

You are forgetting something. They are making Classic. A remake of Vanilla. If you don’t like what Vanilla was, fine. Don’t complain when a system you didn’t like gets put in a game with the sole purpose of making it how it was back then.

you are telling me just being in the group while not being around the kill gives u DHK? don’t believe it, since any other kill requires you to be in the location. Also where are we raiding that has civilians on the way? last time I checked on the way to Blackrock Mountain ZG AQ and Naxx all had neutral hubs or none on the way to the raid. You sir are reaching

1 Like

I believe they are refering to the SS v. TM skirmish raids that would pop up. Or Faction Leader kill raids. Quest hubs/cities ‘can’ have civilians that give DHKs if slain. Joining one of these raids with trigger happy AoE classes can easily get an accidental DHK.

Nobody cares what you believe, you’ve been going on all day without even a inkling of a real argument.

1 Like

You ignore the fact that Vsnilla was not only DHK’s. It was also DHK free.

They are making Classic–a remake of Vanilla.

If you don’t like what Vanilla was, fine.

Don’t complain when a system you didn’t like, such as not having DHK’s, gets put in a game with the sole purpose of making it how it was back then.

As I said before, I am not arguing for or against DHK’s.

I am simply pointing out that with regards to things that changed over the course of Vanilla, either version is in keeping with Vanilla and fits the “no change” criteria.

3 Likes

I’m the one without an argument as u spew nonsense. gotchya

Not having dhks would not be a change, it would simply be avoiding the same numbskull history we all know sucked.

I have zero faith at this point that any of this was for anything beyong appeasing retail players for the least effort possible.

What a colossal waste of over a decade of known history, and what an embarassing state of the once great company.

We get it. You like private servers.

1 Like

I do not play on privateservers. But what an original tact you’ve come up with.

1 Like

I kind of want to laugh that this is coming back, the irony is that if it’d targeted gankers (ie dhks against low level pcs) instead of pointless NPCs that end up in your AoE . . . this was one of the worst implementations of an idea ever. I really feel for those looking to world PvP if this goes through. On the flipside there will be less griefing, not saying everyone who kills an npc is a griefer but those who do so repeatedly will just be gimping themselves. Just trying to look for an upside gentlemen.

The only people who’ve had the fortune to grind rank without dishonorable kills in the past 13 years are private server players, and they swarm these forums.

Yet somehow you are the one person whose personal memory of 7 weeks near the beginning of Vanilla is so strong that 13 years later all you can do is wage war to return to that brief moment.

Or maybe you just play a lot on private servers, where there are no DHKs and you want to recreate that experience in Classic.

What’s more likely.