Why Dishonorable Kills failed at their intended purpose

You might want to read what I wrote a little more slowly and with less cherrypicking.

You really don’t understand what they’re trying to do with Classic do you. You’re asking for the Private Server experience of “Tweak whatever we don’t like”, whereas they’re attempting a museum recreation, using the available data.

They don’t have a full database backup from each patch, so they can’t do progressive itemisation without guessing. They could do a CP2 No DHKs, CP3 DHKs change, which you should be lobbying for.

But the changes in Vanilla were the changes that happened. What you want now is a 2019 QOL change.

1 Like

please give a reason DHKs should be brought back, other than “they were in vanilla”. because guess what Honor without DHKS was also “in vanilla”

so because we can BOTH claim that argument it helps neither side.

Now keeping them out has provided other arguments,
Putting them back in has not.

So right now the only side that has given a valid argument is the removal of DHKs.

The second part about yanking them out is pointless, because they weren’t yanked out until after Vanilla. By that logic, the period they were yanked out of Vanilla for after introduction is 0%.

1 Like

You gave the exact reason. The burden of proof is on people changing the system. Removing DHKs is as much a QoL change as Guild Banks. Its a variation to the historical record for the purposes of people’s desired gameplay, not because it happened back then, or has to happen for technical or stability reasons.

Feel free to argue for CP2 without DHKs. That’s a valid argument. But CP3 onwards, they will be there because they were.

1 Like

No, logic would state that in a perpetual game, DHKs should only been in the game for the % of time they were in the game. If DHKs were only in vanilla for X number of days, then they should only be in classic for that very same X number of days.

If classic was to only run the same amount of days that vanilla did, then your “logic” would be valid. Saddling classic players with perpetual DHKs is asinine.

Can you please stop spreading misinformation…
If you don’t know please educate yourself and come back when you understand what you are talking about.
If you do know, then why are you lying? That is not a very good thing to do in an argument.

They have EVERY change to the code, they have the 1.12 art assets, and they have at LEAST the 1.12 data.

However they prob have well before that from what they said at the panel. They are def missing some of the early data but we do not know which patch they changed how they worked on patches.

I hope those defending keeping honorable kills because “they were in the game” also should want to keep 1.5 AV because it was “in the game” as well.

2 Likes

Sure.

They were in the game for 43 days after the introduction of the Honor System. They were not removed before the end of Vanilla. We are not recreating BfA here, so any time after 5th December 2006 is irrelevant. The TBC pre-patch is the end of the time when all these things existed.

Therefore the compromise is to have them from CP3 onwards. However, despite me repeating that over and over, none of you like it, because you don’t actually want Vanilla, you want a Private Server experience where you change whatever you don’t like.

1 Like

I am convinced they are just trolling retail players, but I am bored.

2 Likes

I’d like progressive itemisation, progressive AV, and the other over time changes. We already know we won’t get them because Blizzard doesn’t know what the values were any more. 1.5AV was only “in the game” for part of Vanilla.

1 Like

And you do not actually want classic but rather you are just here trolling for reactions.

You do not get to claim perpetual DHKs simply because classic has no expiration date, yet graciously state that those who do not want DHKs can have a handful of set deadline days without them.

There is no compromise.

this is not a patch progression vs static change.

The fact is the Honor system was in the game both WITH DHKs and WITHOUT DHKS.

So we are trying to make an authentic experience. So the same reason people want 1.5 AV or bugs removed is the same reason people want DHKs left out.

DHKs as implemented in vanilla are a bug.

4 Likes

You’re trying to create your “preferred” franken-patch. That’s called making changes for QoL. I already said put the DHKs in at the same time that Vanilla did, with CP3. You’ll actually get twice as long without DHKs than Vanilla did because of the merging of 1.3 and 1.4 into CP2. You just don’t like that because it doesn’t give you what you want which is not what Vanilla was. Its not “authentic” it’s cherry picking.

1 Like

And you would have perpetual DHKs from there on out.

1 Like

Ok you are def a troll at this point.

Cause that is EXACTLY what they asked for peoples opinions on when they created these forums, is what you want classic to look like.

3 Likes

Unless Blizzard released “fresh cycle” servers at the end of two years and you could start all over again.

1 Like

The same faces yelling about Sharding, don’t want DHKs. So can I conclude that all the “No Sharding” was simply trolling too?

1 Like

No they are people who do not understand reality.

I don’t recall saying that people were asking for a 43 day hiatus.

I was making the point that vanilla existed both with and without DHK’s, so it would be an authentic experience either way.

Claiming that only having DHK’s would be authentic is more than a little dishonest, to say the least, IMO.

There are people that prefer the earlier version of vanilla that did not have DHK’s, just as there are people who prefer an earlier version of AV over the 1.12 version.