Why did you PreOrder? (please read before posting)

Ok that good glad we could have friendly conversation about this .

1 Like

No one likes elitists who score dump people and tell them that they need 5000 score to run a +10 key. No thank you, scores aren’t a measure of ones skill, bring them, test them decide based on their performance in action.

no

Come on guys stay on topic lets not derail. Trying to keep this thread positive :butterfly:

That’s an amazing level of stretch from him simply saying he didn’t want M+ removed from the game.

“To ask why we pre-order? It’s to ask why do the leaves falls? Because it’s in our nature”

• Sun Tzu
1 Like

Ty Syllaeria. Saw your post before you removed it. That was very big of you to do that :heartpulse:

1 Like

I bought the expansion (heroic edition) Because it came with not one but two pets.

1 Like

*I had to revise my math, while WoW isn’t cheaper than eating a bowl of Oatmeal for 60 days straight.

If I buy a 6 month sub + epic edition and play for 1440 hours over several months. That’s $9/hr entertainment.

I really don’t like FF14 and EQ isn’t that good either.

WoW is cheeper than a 20 piece McNuggets, large fry and Soda and 100x less fattenning. Per day.

Plus I still really enjoy the game regardless of story. The mount and pets are cool. And I’m going to play it anyway.

The wings r ok. And I actually like the diadem.

If I wasn’t playing WoW I’d be playing D2 or EQ and or something else that costs money. And there are no new games that I enjoy that much. And I’m not going to drop 10k+ on scuba lessons or gear. (Not to mention gas prices and my own ability to actually swim) So at worst I can go swim around in wow.

BFA still has some great underwater spots to explore or just mess around in )

Also everything is incredibly expensive these days $60-$90s isn’t that much. The actual devs deserves the money and a decent paycheck. God knows I sure can’t make this game.

Oh and tradeskills are getting some attention or at least thought.

Oh yeah, character boost :smiley: lets not forget that! Can’t have enough alts lol.

2 Likes

I preordered mainly because I still enjoy playing WoW, plus I also wanted the wing cloaks, mount and both pets. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I quit due to this expansion and the TBC launch debacle. But that was because of how Blizzard as a company was acting. All they did/were doing was nonstop “brand withdrawals”. Not one brand deposit.

To explain what I mean. Think of it like a bank account. The brand/IP is the item they work on. They can withdraw from it by putting in as little work as possible and tossing things in to gain money but at the cost of the decency of the thing they are withdrawing from. A good example would be adding cash shop items and doing minimal work for the money they can gain. This all makes the game go down in love and popularity.

A brand deposit however is when they put in extra work and really put effort into the game to try and actually make it better and get people to like it. This takes time and money and usually doesn’t come out as profitable as a brand withdrawal in the immediate future but it does come with a longer drawn profit and health of the game and the company.

I grew up on Warcraft. 1, 2 and 3. Then WoW. Other than that I just had nintendo almost entirely outside of say Skyrim. Anyways. My back was completely turned on Blizzard after the BS they have pulled. But this announcement, coupled with a few other things, appears to look like they are at least trying to make a change and make a brand deposit for once in a freaking life time.

So yes. I bought the next expansion already. Why? Because it is Blizzard’s last chance with me. I might as well get it. If their announcement video had even appeared a slight less optimistic to me I might not even be here to comment.
As for what edition, I got the epic one. I really wanted the mount. Heroic had it but epic only costed $20 more when epic comes with a month subscription so really in all honesty to me it was only $5 more for the helm, wings and hearthstone so I went for it.

But if Blizzard keeps being the BFA/SL Blizzard I know throughout this expansion, I will be gone for good after this. I almost didn’t even watch the expansion announcement, I honestly hope they don’t make me regret watching it.

You are arguing agaisnt nothing I have said and are projecting so much you might aswell work in a movie theater.

The quip about Californians was spot on.

Hello Irvine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because my dad is offering it as a birthday gift and I want those pretty cool things that come with it.

I’m also kinda stoked for DF :slight_smile:

1 Like

started to look at the CE stuff and was disappointed that they don’t give a digital code via email. i bought the SL version but i mean i don’t buy box versions SL was my first once since idk cata.

so now im debating if i want the CE or not i mean i don’t even display any of my WoW stuff anyways i just kinda keep them in a drawer. rn though i just want the mount and game time everything else can wait but i am not gonna waste like $200 for the CE version ontop of another just for the mount and game time and get bnet funds.

idk what imma do though. i want the CE but at the same time idk. it’s like if this is my last expac i will play would feel kind of pointless buying it plus idc for the pins or the mouse pad i just want the box and the art book.

I was tempted to go all-in but then I saw someone in a dungeon group with the wings xmog and they don’t even move the slightest bit! This, in turn, made me wonder if they blew all their resources on the basic drake reskin and the murloc pet then just phoned it in on the rest of the things.

No pre-order. I subscribe to the idea that it can hurt game development, and it didn’t offer anything I felt I needed to get. I’ll probably play Dragonflight; I’ll just buy it when it’s out.

It also seems like ActiBlizz is going hard on getting money before the Microsoft takeover to me. I know that’s a little, whatever, but it’s how it seems.

I won’t pre-order until I get to see something, than I will decide which one to buy because yes, I will get it regardless and most likely get the top one because bonus content. But in all honesty if it comes out as being that bad, I probably won’t actually buy it.

All I want to see and play test is the flying, to see how big the expansion is and to see how locked down, if at all, the expansion features are.

If they roll out another SL sized expansion I am almost certainly out, at the very least keep all the zones together as one larger zone, that makes things feel bigger than they are and allows us to be more immersive, that was my biggest SL peeve, you cannot make your own way from one zone to another, you absolutely had to take an FP or a portal to get around and being able to just pop your engineering portal on a 15 minute CD to get to another zone, that makes things feel even smaller again, the whole disconnect in SL is just bad.

And if they lock down the expansions main features like covenants were, yeh no chance I am sticking around and even when (not if, it’s guaranteed something is locked out and later gets opened like we were asking since testing) they do their usual “We are listening, so we unlocked…” party trick they do every expansion, it still may not be enough to get me back.

There is a lot riding on this one and they better get it right, especially, even though it doesn’t really worry me too much because it’s mostly comes down to player skill, but especially they have to try and balance classes much closer. The whole FOMO class swapping players were doing in SL, that’s just bad.

I have gotten the Collectors Edition PreOrder.

My reasons for getting are I started playing wow just before BC launched. I was in Elementary / High-school at the time and Fell in love with the game, but I could never get the collectors edition because $money$, and this might be the last expansion I play. Depending on how it goes, I wanted to have a physical memory of something I used to love. I still love this game, but over these last few years it has been challenging with how the game has gone and my lack of time to be able to play because of IRL stuff.

I’ve always loved dragons. With this expansion being Dragon Themed and releasing a dragon race, there being two classes for them is concerning, but hopefully, they will be opened up to more classes later down the line.

People can say what they want about oooh, don’t do that. Don’t throw money at them. But I know I will get it, and as I said before, this expansion will probably be the last one I play. Them saying it’s releasing this December makes me extremely worried it will sink again. I pray that they have been working on this longer than we believe they have and want to keep it hidden as long as possible from data miners, but I don’t know

I hope this one comes out a lot better than the last few, and them removing some of the systems allows them to focus more on the other parts of the expansion instead; I will say I’m happy we are going back to the old-style talent tree I feel it will allow more choices then seven choices we currently have.

2 Likes

Yeah, except that is also said whenever they come out of a bad expansion and even if it’s a huge dud it tends to keep some measure of players they can keep milking. Leaving BFA people said that Blizzard “can’t have another BFA”, Shadowlands was BFA on steroids and well, the game is still around.

If (See: When) Dragonflight bombs (first 4 months) they’ll take a hit but they’ll retain enough players who have spent so much time and money on the game they refuse to quit because then they feel it all goes to waste despite the fact you kind of acknowledge when you make an MMO character that literally everything you achieve on that game will go away one day. Developers will blame literally everyone but themselves for why the game is alienating their players like they did all through BFA and SL.

Don’t worry though, I’m waiting for the glorious soon-to-be Danuser excuse that “Dragonflight actually wasn’t even his responsibility and that because Alexstrasza shares the first four letters of her name with that of Afrasiabi, it is therefore his fault just like Shadowlands was” despite Danuser being the guy to decide to rewrite the entire story half a year before release, therefore, inheriting all the blame.

You have a lot of people presently playing this game that are either new and therefore naive to this song and dance, or long time players that are a little too trusting with Blizzard and still believe the “we’ll do better, and we’ll show it with our actions instead of our words” shtick they love to repeat with every PR disaster despite it not once having been followed through on in the what, four major times the line has been employed?

1 Like