Why did they delete Strands?

Why they delete Strands of the Ancients, that was a fun BG for me. I used to love that one.

Now only two epic battlegrounds left, isle of conquest and alterac valley.

The only thing in this game that should be deleted is Gnomeregan. Except the staff that allows underwater breathing, keep that bit.

9 Likes

Strand was fun. I still can’t believe they are pruning instances now, that should be a big no-no.

8 Likes

They’ve recently said that they have surprises in store for epic battlegrounds.

You two were probably the only ones who liked Strand of the Ancients.

13 Likes

I loved the bg back in wrath but after wotlk was done I’ve hated the bg ever since.

Probably because :
1)
It doesn’t fit as either a normal BG or epic BG if you compare the two categories (it’s kinda in the middle).
2)
It was one of the least enjoyed battlegrounds of them all. I loved the BG personally, but it was blacklisted a lot by Alliance and probably Horde too if we weren’t forced to blacklist AV/IoC.

4 Likes

Honestly, before I quit doing bg’s altogether back in Cata. Strands was one of my favorites. Don’t know why everyone seems to dislike it so much. D:

5 Likes

Oh my god I didn’t even notice. THANK THE LORD! I hated that BG SO much. There was NOTHING fun about it. It was like rushing to the end of Alteric valley back in day when towers and what not didn’t matter, there was NOTHING fun about it in my opinion.

PLEASE DON’T BRING IT BACK.

4 Likes

Because some idiot would always cap the south graveyard, but to me that was the fun of it.

3 Likes

When I would get a strand pop, (I was usually first in), I would count all the afks. Now, you figure team 1 would have a great offense. Team 2 now afks as well. 15 more players zone into a losing stand with 45 mad players and 15 happy ones. This now occurs 12 times in the course of an afternoon. The reason this occurs 12 times in row is because cousin It spam queues his favorite bg all day long, yet he never takes his queue when it pops. This is why they removed it.

Strands at yellow gate was fun. Rest was zzzzzzzz. If a person capped the GY at top you might as well tab out.

3 Likes

It was the most common bg to /leave /afk out of that’s why.
soon wintergrasp and tol barad will be coming back.

ruined it when they removed the ability for casters to ride on the demos and free cast

1 Like

The surprises are probably Tol Barad, Ashran, Epic Brawls, and/or maybe a new Epic Battleground or two.

As far as I can tell, Strand of the Ancients is gone for good.

Wrong on that one, it was the only BG my wife and I played all night long.

im guessing it was on 75% of the players blacklists for bg queues. it was a good choice to cull imho.

1 Like

Strand was never an epic battleground. What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Because they’re crazy, it was my 3rd favourite… and then they removed the blacklist just to rub it in, and now ~30-40% of BGs that I get are ones that were on the blacklist… So I just don’t do BGs at all anymore.

Source? I’ve only heard about the changes they made to IoC and AV months ago.

Crosses Fingers Please Lord let it be Wintergrasp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I loved SOTA. When it was announced it was leaving the bg turned insane. Everyone was trying to get their wins it for the achievement. It was a lot of fun. I actually met like 6 friends through doing it over and over lol. People had insane strats.

I think the time it took to win was the put off for people. It had the potential to be a LONG bg but it was pretty quick to see whether you were going to lose or not. So people would bail regularly when the outlook wasn’t so great.