Why did blizzard implement warmode and destroy the concept of PvE and PvP servers?

I’m not following this, can you elaborate? War mode isn’t free-for-all, after all.

War Mode could have been awesome if they did it in a way that would ensure that each zone would have a bunch if flagged players and it just made every zone into one big battlefield.
Alas, no such luck.

The supply drops are ripped right from a battle royal. Doesn’t have to be free-for-all to mimic a battle royal mate.

They didn’t implement WM to create a safe space for PVE players, they implemented it to try to give players a reason to PVP again.

There are a lot of rewards now that you can get from WM.

Because players complained a lot about pvp on pvp servers. Nearly all changes are made because players throw a fit for the changes then they get angry when they get their changes.

How does Warmode fix ganking?

Yes, exactly, the most popular servers on classic, SoD, whatever… all pvp servers. Obviously there is a desire for them.

1 Like

Players complained about supposedly being forced to play on pvp servers to play with their friends when they don’t want to participate in pvp. These complaints went on for years. Blizzard caved to the whiners and gave us war mode, which destroyed any server communities and meaningful wpvp, guild rivalries, and faction rivalries we had.

Even MG, your server, had great WPvP and guild rivalries.

Yeah, this was a small minority of players, and not the real reason for WM.

Warmode was the brain child of one of these new developers that were brought onto the team. They weren’t really trying to fix any issues, rather just trying to implement some new crap system to the game.

Since Legion, the game has been full of the some of the most braindead systems I have ever seen implemented into a MMO.

They are trying so hard to innovate in the game, but they suck at it, and they completely ignore the past iterations of the game.

Funny how DF stripped a lot of that crap out of the game, hopefully WM is next.

WoW had a winning formula for decades, SoD is showing this right now. The more the current devs try to change the game, the worse it has gotten.

Okay. They could have just added supply drops to flagged PvP.

They absolutely did, the forums were flooded with complaints of people on PvP servers for years that they didn’t want to PvP.

YES, those people were phenomenally stupid. But there were a lot of them and they were really loud.

“I got tricked into playing on a PvP server.”
“I didn’t think there would be PvP all the time, on a PvP server.”
“I thought a PvP server meant I could turn PvP ON, not that it would ALWAYS be on.”
etc. etc. etc.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve been on these forums for over a decade, this was never a thing. Sorry, but you are wrong Brewa :slight_smile:

Classic PVP servers being the most popular servers kind of proves you are wrong here.

No people complained about being on a PVP server…and the friends were on it and now they weren’t…

But the biggest single most complaint on the PvP servers was the 90% to 10% and basically if you didn’t have the money to transfer and if you were on the side with the lowest faction you was SOL

My stated reason is the real reason, which was even stated by Blizzard.

“With War Mode, we wanted to solve the problem of some players feeling “locked” into one play style or another by their realm choice. They might have picked a PvE realm purely because their friends were there, even though they were interested in open world PvP. Conversely, they could have chosen a PvP realm to start, but later decided it wasn’t for them anymore.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/War_Mode

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/21901729-battle-for-azeroth-preview-war-mode-pvp-talents-and-more/

You’re welcome to disagree with both Brewa and myself but my cited sources prove you wrong.

2 Likes

The very loud, very vocal, and very small minority of people on the forum did. These whines went on for literally years.

1 Like

Isn’t that what I just said?

Maybe maybe not…neither you nor I have no clue if it was a minority or not

No, that isn’t what you just said. When you edited your post you probably should have just removed this part of it also.

My dude I didn’t edit fecal matter…
Get your eyes checked.

Spoiler alert: wpvp was never that popular. It is glorified by vanilla players because they were so bored with the game that wpvp was actually interesting. That’s all.

That wouldn’t have required sacking PVP servers to accomplish. There is no reason war mode couldn’t have been added to non-PVP servers and leaving the PVP servers alone. Unless there was some communication I missed explaining why war mode was tied to removing PVP servers, there is a gap here.

This might be the first thread you have bothered to even engage in a point I’ve made rather than just trying to dismiss me because you feel I think the forums are my personal blog. You may not be trying to be mean, but this is the same thing.

You didn’t quite address my point here with PVP servers, you hit a related point on war mode despite me not saying a thing about war mode. While this post is about war mode, the response that got me here was specifically about PVP servers.

So to be just as frank, you trying to dismiss me because you think I have a myopic view of the history of WoW means very little to me. I’m happy discuss my points, which is why I participate in the forums. But when most times you haven’t even made an attempt, and here you sidestepped what I said in order to construct a narrative regarding my opinion of a different point, I have far less interest in engaging.

My dude, you edited your post. It even have the little orange symbol on the upper right hand part of your post. lol

Stop fibbing.

Yes on the post that said

Isn’t that what I said?

Not the post that you quoted me on my dude.