Why did blizzard implement warmode and destroy the concept of PvE and PvP servers?

I read at the time they wanted ONE server type to work on instead of two.
if they werent lying, then warmode is here to stay. Theres no way theyre going to go out of their way on something like this an cause more unnecessary work for themselves.

According to you? Sounds like the people that complained were tired of not being about to complete regular activities without being camped for hours at a time.

When they introduced War Mode, all I remember is being ran over by stampedes of like 30 man raids just ganking people in questing areas.

Maybe if they didn’t make the game super linear and start every single person out in the exact same spot, you could have a feasible War Mode. But they just don’t care about PVP anymore, they don’t design for it, they probably can’t at this point. Train wreck company.

They make new game modes for PvP and they make balance changes just for PvP. Funny watching people who don’t PvP at all cry that Blizzard does nothing for PvP.

1 Like

It is really very simple:

Selfishness.

A LOT of people who don’t like PvP rolled on PvP servers anyways (the age-old excuse of “that’s where my friends play!” being the favorite excuse). These players, predictably, had a horrible experience there, and now (thanks to their endless tears) those that loved PvP servers are forced to suffer so those PvP-haters didn’t have to re-roll on the server type they should have in the first place.

They came to our servers, changed our culture, and got everything taken away in the process.

It would be like me, as an American, moving to a foreign country that had different values than mine, then pissing and moaning until they change the laws in that country to suit MY wants. “But my friends live there!!”

Selfishness.

A possible solution:

One single PvP megaserver. By having only a single server, it mitigates what I see as the only real flaw…extreme faction imbalances. The problem here would be queue times to get in if it is popular (I bet it would be). This is fine, though, because it would mean the people getting in are committed to the experience.

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly what the PvE servers were for? There was already a solution in place, but selfishness on behalf of the carebears got them taken away.

To be fair, there was a period when every single “New Player” server was a PvP server. I remember looking at that on the login screen and thinking “this isn’t going to end well”.

1 Like

Yeah new players shouldn’t be dropped on PvP servers.

1 Like

That’s what we are hoping blizzard will do, just give us 1 pvp server. We know they are capable of doing it, we just need them to hear us. If you have time, consider submitting a suggestion in the game menu stating why you think there should be a pvp server re opened, and how you think it would be beneficial to our community of pvp players.

1 Like

It’s funny to me that blizzard treated war mode as a feature that acts as if it’s left behind in the expansion it’s introduced in.

Like have there been any faction specific rewards for players that are the underdog for the week like in BFA?

I’ve not heard anything about War mode really after that expansion.

2 Likes

Then there should have been free transfers off pvp servers for players that didn’t want to mess with it anymore.

This kind attitude is why I find it hard to sympathize with pvp players. It’s just straight to the insults.

1 Like

That would have been fine with me and most others. It is a tragedy they didn’t take this route.

I’m sorry, but pointing out people being selfish isn’t an insult. And if it is the word “carebear” you are feeling insulted over, that is simply the word that has been used for non-PvP players for 2 decades. Also, not looking for your sympathy, I can tell you don’t have much to spare.

LMAO…so youre what? incapable of turning warmode to the ‘on’ position? lol. And everyone else who WANTS to pvp? They cant figure it out either? it was only possible if there were pvp specific servers? LMAO.
Something isnt making sense in your ‘carebear’ comment here lol

1 Like

Well turn on WM, it’s the same thing. Get over it.

2 Likes

Again, son, I read at the time they wanted ONE SERVER TYPE to work on and update instead of TWO.
THAT is very likely the actual reason they chose to make a simple pvp on/off toggle.
They knew full damned well WE could just DECIDE to roll on a PVE server if it was that big a deal lmao.

1 Like

You clearly don’t get it. If you need me to explain to you the important differences between PvP servers and warmode…well, I no longer care to do it as it would be wasted effort and you know it. You can just go read any one of the hundreds of times that has been explained on these forums if you are truly curious.

You write about laughing a lot, by the way.

1 Like

lmao…yeah…I do get it. Youre whining about losing your gank fodder lowbies and youre blaming the WRONG people lmao.
AGAIN…THEY WANTED ONE SERVER TYPE INSTEAD OF TWO…A PVP TOGGLE IS HOW THEY ACCOMPLISHED THAT.
There…easy enough? lol

1 Like

Same thing? Ok, just another poster who doesn’t get it and is uneducated on the subject. :roll_eyes:

Stick to your bigoted ideas, as I know you will.

There it is. BINGO! You helped me fill my card for the day, thanks! We OBVIOUSLY don’t want non-PvP players on the server.

Irrelevant. I’m sorry you can’t see that.

yeah, son, we get it. your gank fodder lowbies can just toggle pvp off and you cant harass them for hours anymore lmao.

LMAO…found the guy who didnt buy a Websters
perma blocked.
youre not worth the wasted effort

1 Like