Why Classic will fail

see you in a year :slight_smile:

You won’t. I won’t be using this character as an avatar by that stage, because I’ll be playing Classic, and likely neither will you. So even if you intentionally set a reminder, I’d never see or care.

1 Like

Why are you here on the Classic forums then? You surely aren’t going to be playing on Classic with the large community that will be enjoying it, will you?

Please make sure you post the server and character name(s) you are using if you do decide to roll on Classic so that many here can get you added to our ignore/ban list for guild recruitment and content advancement purposes.

I don’t believe any self respecting guild would want a toxic player of this caliber among their ranks.

1 Like

The funny thing was this was originally in General Discussion before getting tossed into Classic where it wasn’t wanted or needed. He probably doesn’t intend to play Classic and was just trying to rain on Classic’s parade… from General Discussion.

Nah I’m good, they’re gonna find a way to screw up classic wow.

Good to see the CM’s are Bringing this silly stuff to our side of the floor eh? Think they’ll do me a solid and pin this (When fixed up)

Or comment on our megathread here?

1 Like

How do we even know they are spending millions though?

I’m pretty sure the second one is there to crack down on the first one.

Also they wouldn’t have spent as much money as they did if it was designed to fail. If they wanted it to fail, they would’ve just slapped the vanilla talents, abilities, itemization, and level cap with the current client and then released it. Also Classic is great for adding in micro-transactions with how time consuming it is. Expect the WoW token to be in the game before the release of Naxx.

Maybe it is not nostalgia but people think classic is the superior game. Just because some people prefer over-optimized, i.e. self-playing, on rails experience with no meaningful/hard decisions doesn’t mean classic is nostalgia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a good question. We’d need to consider all variables including the salaries of everyone on the Classic team and the cost of each of these cloud “servers” that they use these days. Anyone have any insight on the latter?

Also, several big WoW expansions recently have come out at the end of summer/beginning of fall. BfA released on August 14, Legion on August 30, etc. I’m honestly not even sure what OP’s point is with this one.

Yep. I know quite a few people that are doing the same. One thing that the OP doesn’t understand is that there are a lot of people out there not happy with the current state of the MMO genre. These people stopped playing WOW and other games because the genre has went a direction that they can’t stand. I can’t tell you how many players in the classic beta were saying, “soon as this goes live I’m thru with retail forever.”

I wasn’t there for Vanilla(SWG fan to the end), but playing classic beta reminded me of how MMORPGs use to be. You just don’t see that type of game anymore because devs these days want to make everything overly simple by pruning away abilities, holding your hand along the journey and God forbid if you have to group up to finish a quest. Im enjoying retail, but I sure do wish the leveling experience was better because it’s far superior in classic.

Oh, and I still play Warcraft 2, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Tropico even though those games are very old. Good games will always stand the test of time

3 Likes

They did say it themselves. They don’t care if 10 people play this game or 10 million play.

So in their minds they have nothing to loose. And everything to gain from Classic.

1 Like

But if blizzard had to constantly shut down private servers that had nearly 1 million subscribers doesn’t that prove your statement about it being an unenjoyable broken buggy old game is false.

You can’t say “the game is old broken, buggy and bad” then say “blizzard had to protect its IP from the hundreds of thousands of players who want to play the game”

What is it?
If it’s a broken buggy mess people wouldn’t want to play it.
Yet for 5 years now private servers have gone strong without decline.

Clearly this can not be chalked up to mere “nostalgia”, there is something there, one of the most incredibly designed games ever built.

Yeah it has some flaws, but really, overall the game is friggin incredible.

The people who nit pick every minor inconvenience while totally ignoring how awesome the actual game is as a whole are clowns with a big chip on their shoulder, likely blizzard shills, a lot of parrots on this board with no critical thinking ability that just parrot every word blizzard says.

3 Likes

I don’t believe classic will fail, however the population may dwindle a bit down the road. Like all nostalgia people will come and go, and return again if the option to play is there.

The real area classic has to fail is the community. If people act like elitist jerks and exclude people because they’re not in their circle of “leet” players, population will decline quicker. I’ve played other classic releases from other games and it’s like high school as an adult, only nobody grew up.

I think it is smart to not release something summer on Blizzards end. So people can have a hyped summer.

Most private servers modified the game in some way to hide the bad portions of it.

Doesn’t change the fact there will be zero updates, classes were a broken mess, bugs were rampant, and end game was mind dullingly boring, and only made difficult due to how horribly balanced classic was, or how many people you -had- to drag along.

Keep looking at it with rose tinted goggles, some people are easily entertained by mediocrity

And yes, by today’s standards, which is when classic is coming out, classic is a dumpster fire.

15 years ago it was okay, mostly because that’s what was around at the time, but 15 years later? Nah.

Excuses, excuses and more excuses.

1 more month till you look like an idiot and have to eat your words.

You can get in line with brack and the rest of the “its just nostalgia” “you think you do but you don’t” crowd once classic releases and vastly surpasses retail.

I won’t eat anything. I won’t have anything to do with classic.

Only reason I’m even in this thread, is someone posted this stupid thread in GD before it got moved.

Personally, I can’t wait for classic to come out, so that all the nostalgia ridden people will go play in their static never changing sandbox and try to talk about how amazing a 15 year old buggy as hell game is.

What?

Well, there will. The game content is opening in phases, much the same as updates.

We’re playing 1.12, the last patch. Things are the most balanced that vanilla got. Class design philosophy at the time was not for every spec to be equally optimal at all aspects of the game.

Blizzard has set out to fix a lot of the bugs, actually. Classic will have a certain amount of “Blizzard polish” as Mike Morhaime put it.

That is completely subjective.

Can’t you people get a new phrase? Oh, try “Mandela effect”, it makes you look intelligent.