Why can't we have a simple PvP gearing system

The simple answer is this - Blizzard wants you to play more hours. They don’t care if they’re quality hours. They don’t care if it’s fun. They don’t care if you enjoy yourself.

Hours.
More hours.

5 Likes

You miss the point.
You are not allowed to gear up or create builds to enhance your ability to compete.
Without endless M+ or Raids, no gear.
Without starting a new alt, a meta class alt, no access to RBGs or Arena, no rating no gear.
You can’t modify your secondary stats as was previously allowed for individual style of play

It has absolutely nothing to do with addons, UIs, keybinds, macros. Every experienced player has those from day one.

Pvp hasnt ever been able to select secondary stats. Theres no point in that. Everyone would select their meta stat anyway.

I understand that PVPers don’t want to do PVE content, thats always been a problem.

Players have always geared up by doing content over and over, that parts not changed and I don’t see a reason to change that in the current model.

If you are having trouble completing content, try creating or joining a community of like-minded people who are trying to achieve the same thing.

All the problems you guys are having are solved by finding a community to join and playing with them.

What does community have to do with wanting to just two sets of gear of honor and conquest?

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

A community of players could help you win more games, do more dungeons, make the game feel less like you are beating your head against a wall. They will make it a more enjoyable activity for you. Whatever you are trying to do.

Community doesn’t change the fact there shouldn’t be multiple ranks to PVP gear. Two sets of gear is fine. Honor gear is starter gear and conquest gear is the step up. Pretty simple.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what you are implying then.

Two sets of PVP gear and no upgrading ranks. Not implying just straight forward.

If you cannot overcome the obstacles of ranking up (which seem to be who you know, community again) then I don’t see how you are going to improve the PVPer pool at the top levels.

I’m just not understanding what everyone is complaining about in this.

1 geared up guy is not as competitive as a group of 5. Thats never going to change and thats what the rated system is.

There is no reason to have different ranks of honor gear. Honor gear should be one set item level.

1 Like

I don’t think this is true for alot of people. I get bored of playing the same toon and I want to do alts. But then I look at the mountain of work I have to do to even get within 30% of everyone else and quickly load up another game.

4 Likes

Its not work if you are having fun? I think you are pushing yourself into a time-table where you want to be a geared up alt asap. Thats going to crush your fun. Just let it happen

Its really not fun to do the campaignand torghast and the Bg’s at like 160 Ilvl, or roughly 40% of the power of a moderatly geared character.

2 Likes

I miss BFA =(

1 Like

Thank you all for keeping the thread going. Unfortunately I have been incredibly busy with work the past few days, so I haven’t had time to read everyone’s responses. 12-13hr shifts are not fun, but it pays the bills.

But again, thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

That kind of presumes people who play the game are so addicted they will have no choice but to play longer even if they’re not having fun. And while it wouldn’t surprise me if people who are out of touch with the playerbase might think that, I’m pretty sure that I see people who used to look forward to logging in and playing every day playing less or skipping logging in.

I think everyone is forgetting that>

1. People who gear up fast are usually a community of players been around for awhile/streamers/whatever elite u want to call them.

2. They enjoy going into battlegrounds and stomping people.

3. People who play alot and win alot deserve to get something special IE better gear.

I would suggest a toggle like warmode that you set once a week. This flags you for regular PVP games or rated PVP games. While flagged for rated games, you cannot join the normal PVP games and vice versa.

This would help to limit the pools of players to those who need gear from certain areas. I can’t see anyone being happy about this, but maybe. You guys are always full of surprises.

If you have stopped playing for four or five hours a day, then that is a good thing.

Maybe, but all i did was start playing a different game.
When a change is made that is perceived as a negative, and there is no hint on changing it back, people eventually just leave.
Now I just raid log and do the occasional calling. Not really sure that’s worth my 15 a month.

1 Like

Yeah, I have to say. During covid all gaming increased by a pretty big percentage, but I didn’t see any unique changes by companies to capitalize on this and try to retain membership after covid. Seems like a huge loss as far as the industry is concerned. Kind of surprised tbh!