Why cant they start maintenance at midnight?

Unannounced?! Dude the announcement has been known on your launcher and log in screen for at least 4-5 days. Thats more than enough.

excuse me i edited it. your right. but still

People need to sleep too. I think people forget that these are people working at getting these maintenances done and not some androids that don’t have families, don’t sleep, don’t eat.

2 Likes

Maybe because they dont want to stay up all night doing it?
It starts in the morning because that is when they are at work. Seriously, did you even think before you spewed this ignorant nonsense?

Maybe you can come in at 10 at night, outside of your standard 9-5 working hours, just to do some maintenence.
Suck it up, Barbara, its been the same time on the same day for like 15 years now.

Or, as others have said,

And then this guy

People act like they don’t have a ton of games on their Steam library.
You act like there is nothing else in the universe that you can possibly do, at all, in any way, shape, and/or form. GOD FORBID YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE ENTERNET AT YOUR LITERAL FINGERTIPS
there cant POSSIBLY be anything else do to for a whopping 15 minutes (most of the time, Tuesday maintainence is pretty quick, not a full hour or two. They seem to set that time-frame to make sure everything goes smoothly)

I was a chef for almost 10 years. I started at first, working the night/closing shift. Trust me, its not the night shift causing problems. Never has been, and never will be.
Day shift is super busy, and often dont want to go that extra inch to actually cover all their duties while they are at work, so a lot of extra things get placed on the shoulders of the night crew. More often though, day-shift is more of the “F this job, my shift is over, IM OUT FOO!” and they just get to leave without finishing up half their assigned tasks.

Then night shift gets stuck doing not only their duty, but also all the extra things that day-shift refused to do for whatever reason
So they are basically doing three people’s jobs, and they are FORCED to leave before X time, because the bosses dont want to be there all night, because most of them have to be back at work at 7 AM
they dont want to be at work until 2 am, you know?

And it is not really anecdotal. I have worked at several eateries, trained dozens of people for day shift and night shift.
Day shift gets to walk in to the whole kitchen being clean, the front end is clean and organised, and they get like 4 free hours of doing virtually nothing until the lunch rush. Kitchen is stocked, organised, cleaned, and basically all of your prep work is done
because NIGHT SHIFT did day shifts job, as well as night shifts job.
Again, day gets to walk in to a fully functional kitchen and front-end, meanwhile anybody who comes in at about 5 pm, walks in to the kitchen being half stocked, dirty, nothing is prepped, seven orders behind, front-end cant put their orders in properly, so kitchen gets blamed for literally anything and everything that goes wrong, even though the servers can’t even be bothered to stagger orders as they should, the Host/Hostess REFUSES to stagger seating

Even in the best of restaurants, that crap happens.

And now, at my current job, the same thing is happening, except I am day-shift now, and its as hard as trying to melt steel with your bare hands, trying to get those people to actually just do their bare basic tasks before they leave.

So to your idea, yeah
night shift messes things up a lot
but it is 99.999999% the fault of the day shift not doing their jobs, so night shift has to do the work of everybody, on top of their already arduous tasks with closing.

I mean, think about it. Day-shift just has to maintain things. Vacuum/Sweep/Mop, clean tables. Kitchen just has to make sure they are thawing/cutting/parting/prepping in general a couple of times a day, and most of that was already made for them BY THE NIGHT SHIFT.

Meanwhile, night shift has to do their own prep because dayshift didnt leave anything behind, so everything is empty or close to being empty. night shift also has to clean the walls, all surfaces, the inside of all containers, the fridges, the shelves, the friers, the grill, the griddle, the stove, the proofer, the warmer for the prime rib, then they have to pull everything away from the walls, clean the bottom of the walls, the backside of the equipment, then sweep/mob/scrub the floor and all the floor mats, all the dishes they made from doing all the prep for themselves and for the day shift
AND THEN, they still have to cover whatever day-shift didnt do, which is almost always everything.

2 Likes

edited it my bad. but still

I work late nights and random. it sucks but its part of the job. ohwell. Working some people late nights once a week isnt going to kill anyone.

I would say they could work during the day, but it seems like they get nothing done and are completely out of touch with the player base, so it makes me question what the higher ups are having the devs do during their work time.

Lol man you got them triggered
I hear them screaming at their keyboards

1 Like

i try my best to keep myself entertained throughout these mx periods

Because most people play in the evenings and night and go to school or work in the morning.

Because the people who do the maintenance work 9-5, not 12-8

1 Like

Working late for a gaming developer is awful and you still need to think of your playerbase. Thats why tuesday mornings through the afternoon has always been the sweet spot. You are just throwing a tantrum like a little child because you cant play right now. They have lives also, working your employees late at your job may be required but not for a game company unless they are close to release of something or a game/expansion just got released which is why the global release at 6PM EST/3PM PST worked perfect because everyone was in the office and it went fairly smooth for BfA’s launch.

But midnight is prime raiding hours

LOL it’s unbelievable how some people only care about themselves. If there are times that work for the majority of the players across different timezones, why shouldn’t blizzard choose them?

All loops back to Day Shift.

Even when it was evening shift, I knew it was Day Shift!

@OP

This quote exactly.

1 Like

you act like this isn’t actually a thing. Many companies that provide a service have to do all their updates after working hours. which would happen to be at midnight. this is not uncommon at all.

2 Likes

Never seen that, not even once.

As far as I know they’re not adding anything to the game, no patch or bugfix, so why the 6+ hour maintenance? I never got that, it would be cool if our sub time was paused during it too, so it’s not just stolen time, some of us have their only weekend on tuesdays.

Welp, just so you know, according to this post there’s another one planned this week, so
 be prepared!

Because they don’t care or think about anyone else, just themselves.

2 Likes