Why cant they start maintenance at midnight?

I’ve done Night Shift in several jobs.

My statement is entirely accurate and I won’t be convinced otherwise.

Evening Shift are the worst cause they’re lazy and leave a ton of stuff for you to do. Day Shift are also the worst because they’re just so…perky and well rested. I hate them.

You’ve just made an enemy for life!

3 Likes

seriously? People say some of the dumbest stuff on here. Here’s how the real world works kids. In the real world, we have what is called time zones. so in your little world where it’s midnight, it may be 3am, 10pm, 9am,etc… elsewhere in the world. Why do people constantly have trouble understanding that there is no good time for everyone?

2 Likes

You know on that note I always wondered exactly what they do during maintenance. I always figured it was like rebooting servers or database cleanup/compression both of which can be automated to happen at a given time and not actually need anyone around unless it goes wrong (in which case someone would be on call anyway to fix it)

I don’t see how you do it. The mid shift kills me.

They do this

7 Likes

blizz is based in north america. Therefore they should do it off NA time. whether it be pst, mountain, cst or est. The rest of the world is no body. when it comes to the timing decisions and they should be catering to the NA vs anywhere else. :slight_smile:

Pick a new day off maybe instead of Tuesday, I work in the cloud industry and working at midnight to do maintenance is not ideal.

Just like most people, they don’t want to work nights either. It’s why I’ll always have a job…doing the things other people won’t.

FYI it is always midnight somewhere.

2 Likes

They do and most Americans work a 9 to 5 job, or in this case they probably work 0600 to 1600 like I do.

1 Like

patching bugs, class changes, resetting weekly stuff, etc… Be glad we have maintenance, otherwise we’d be a dead game like every other MMO thats come along.

As a truck driver midnight is the best time to go thru NYC and the Burroughs

Because devs need sleep also

My sleeping pattern is garbage so I may as well get paid for it. Spending a nice cool summer night cleaning and maintaining stuff is quite relaxing.

1 Like

wtf is wrong with you? The rest of the world is nothing? Like Asia that is the majority of our player base? We as Americans are no more important than the rest of the world so get over yourself child. How is 10amet/7ampt bad? Most of the players i know are on in the late hours, so the problem here is that their schedule don’t fit your perfect little world. Go cry to mommy about it if you’re that upset.

2 Likes

8 hours of maintenance. Other than thursday for realm connections. More information of what they are doing would be communication to its players but thats asking a bit much. sigh :man_shrugging:

back to back world war champs baby. NA #1

1 Like

Its comments like these that I just simply wish Blizzard would invite you and have you try to do what they do. Most of people who say asinine comments like this cant even do a 1/10th of what they can do. The employees have lives too, why work them from 9pm to 5am PST? Let alone work them late at night too? If maintenance happened at night between those hours, raiding is still going on.

lol it wasn’t unannounced it was advertised on the launcher for 2 days and was posted on social media 3 days ago maybe open your eyes bud…

2 Likes

weird almost like i didn’t see the warning on the launcher for days leading up to this. Did I? Was it real? Y’all new kids to the game kill me. This 8hr maintenance used to be literally every Tuesday.