Why can't I fly?

I’ve stopped playing for 2 days because I’m so tired of doing “The Cycle Of Life” and “Beachhead”, and “Calligraphy”, over and over again. The only Tortollan Seekers WQ that gives me a bit of pleasure is “Shell Game”. The others, I am so sick of. And I’m doing this because I need the rep, so I can continue my progress toward Pathfinder in BfA. I did the Legion Pathfinder achievement, and now still have to grind rep for Tortollan Seekers, Waveblade Ankoans, and Rustbolt Resistance. This is NO FUN. This is a DRAG. It feels like work - worse, work for which I don’t get paid. I’m paying Blizzard to do work. I’m a casual player, and I resent Pathfinder to the core of my being. And I’ve been playing since just shortly after initial release of the game.

End of rant.

7 Likes

Players didn’t vote for anything. Ion was the reason they tried to remove flight. The reason pathfinder exists is because of spite after having to go back on it after having doubled down so many times. You and your friends aren’t the majority.

6 Likes

If you press Y in-game, you will see the achievements tab, and from there, please search for “pathfinder”. The things that come up allow flight. I hope this helps!

If you’d like to track the objectives, you can shift-click the achievements.

Flying in every zone but the Battle for Azeroth (the most recent) zones will no longer require pathfinder upon the release of Shadowlands.

Do you mean that once SL releases everyone can fly in BfA zones? Whether they’ve completed Path 1 and 2 or not? If that’s the case, I’m gonna stop grinding rep and go play Assaults or Visions or something else. Where does it say this?

If that ain’t the truest thing! I’ve felt this way too.

1 Like

No. They are disabling Draenor and Legion Pathfinders. BfA Pathfinder will still be there.

3 Likes

Wowhead is your best resource. I believe they had tracking programs to help you keep track of what you still need to do.

This is why Shadowlands will be an important expansion. They are attempting to make the game more new player friendly.

Bah humbug. Back to the grind then. :frowning:

1 Like

Did you miss the rep bonus that was out? Which reps are you still missing?

The questline in order to fly sounds like a godsend compared to failfinder

Almost at the point of becoming part of the “take your flight and shove it” crowd.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t miss that period, but I used it to level up a new Void Elf Affliction Warlock from scratch - also I had to do all the rep grind to unlock the Void Elfs first. Once I got the Warlock to 120 then I went back to my DH, but by then the double XP period had come to an end. :frowning:

Edit: I’m still only on Honored for Tortolla Seekers and Waveblade Ankoans, and just barely Honored with Rustbolt Resistance. I need to get them all to Revered, I’m done with everything else.

1 Like

Double XP is still going and it will until SL goes live.
The Rep bonus however, did go away.

In any case, keep going! you’ll get there eventually… I know a few of them are quite a slog.

im looking at you Tortollans AND Unshackled!

1 Like

You’ll have to show me that poll. As soon as no flight was announced the forums erupted, blizzard lost a ton of subscribers, so many in fact they quit reporting, and the did an about face in a week or so. Yea the majority were fine with it. :laughing: Now for the majority it may not have been a deal breaker, but that’s not the same as thinking is a good idea.

3 Likes

That is correct.

The anti flying shenanigans would end swiftly if players were allowed to vote. Flying is integral to the WoW experience out in the world IMVHO.

2 Likes

that is an outright LIE.
No…the majority did NOT VOTE for ‘no flight’, dude…why would you even make such an insane assertion?

4 Likes

These people just make trash up as they go along, apparently.
95% of all WoW players voted to send me $1 each.
yeah…pretty easy to make garbage assertions around here, lol

1 Like

But what points you to the achievements that list the achievements?

2 Likes

It still will be for BFA but not WoD or Legion unfortunately

omg…if I hear one more word about those stinking turtles making it to the water Im going to commit genocide against the entire Tortollan race.

1 Like