Why can you AFK the entire Radiant Echoes event and get full loot credit?

Oh I would probably have a timer on it before you go red “expendable” status, surely, but if you run to the john in a boss fight , the penalty should still be death.
Telephones and doorbells have always been incidental , but the " majority" of expendable deaths would be scum that tags and goes afk.

And , if they have to come back and move their mount every few minutes , at least they aren’t totally AFK!

Oh, I know, but some here might be having issues in other parts of the game yet be judging others who could very easily have to deal with similar.

The non elites will shred a lowbie the gear that drops doesn’t keep up with their level. The one I see most people actually afk is the annoying scalding brew

I’m there for myself. I don’t really care what anyone else is doing.

Out door public events. It makes no difference if someone is afk or not. It doesn’teffect you in the slightest

People here are blaming AFKs for the event bosses to taking so long to die.

The real reason is that most players still doing the event just don’t do damage.

There are really many things about WoW that bother me, but I find it silly to complain about this event.
The bosses fall pretty quickly now, so who cares if many people are AFK watching? If you want to be social and fight, great. If you just want to watch, that’s fine too.

WoW is a spectator esport. Maybe people think they have front row seats.

The actual bosses, Rag/Ony/LK I think still require a tag to get credit, the memories, Hakkar/stiches/hogger/etc might not as there are events similar to the pumpkins or any of the others that require more then killing but some are unable to do what is required due to the mobs.

There’d be much less afk if it scaled better and geared you properly as you leveled. Until then, afk is the best strat to getting alts up.

1 Like

How about you do you and let others do themselves. It frankly isn’t any of your business of what people are doing period. To get salty over others game play is just ridiculous.

1 Like

no no, that just wont do, you has to play how I says!

Id like to know when i go through an entire event ( kill the mobs not afk) and i get ziltch for it

Lol seriously… The afkers get loot. The ones that sat there dpsing for 5+ minutes…

I see we have the white knights of Blizzard defending afk’er getting all kinds of drops off the current event…very typical of the lazy players in this game anymore…we saw it happen with the Cooking Event with the Tuskaars…seen it with the digging event…as long as I get mine and I don’t have to shoot one mob its all good…screw the players that actually do event the proper way now…

News flash: You can skyride starting at level 10.

what kinda key levels we talkin

Don’t really think it’s worth being stressed over this. It’s a low relevance event (it’s not required to be done to start TWW) . Also as some folks have said some are just leveling characters, while I didn’t afk I leveled up two characters to 70 - there is no way I know of atm to level up faster.

On average (because I have an addon that tells me) I was dinging a level every five to seven minutes at my most productive times. My least productive (less players in event so I tagged less mobs) I still dinged a new level every 10-13 minutes.

In short relax. It’s filler event to get non geared characters up fast so they can quest in TWW a little easier. That’s all.

There nothing competitive about this event.

Tagging is anachronistic. It needs to die. So is manually looting. I hope this prepatch heralds a new direction. You still need to tag Onyxia, Ragnaros and the Lich King for some reason. Nothing else you do. Mini-bosses do give bonus memories however.

Here’s a big problem: if you die, you don’t get any rewards. This is a huge disincentive to try and “help”.

I see we have the queen of the hypocrites posting her junk again. Why should you get treated any differently then lazy players when they could be “lazy” due to something beyond their control, like pain from a disability?

Hmm… sounds like “as long as I get mine and screw the players actually willing to put in the work for what they want”. Disabled, Lazy, busy, etc. WHO CARES? Blizzard makes allowances for all kinds of reasons, they treat everyone as equal as possible. Keep in mind RAT, if you get what you want in others areas of the game, the same people you are rallying against here can and likely WILL benefit, or are you too blind to see beyond your selfish desires?

1 Like