Why can older games that had less money, less tech and less teams give player housing but WoW cant?

It’s so terrible here that you literally spend your time and money here instead of finding something less terrible.

It has nothing to do with money. They simply don’t want to do it, and probably never will.

2 Likes

Glad someone said it.

Because it’s impossible to compare a game made 20+ years ago with a game that is in production / development today.

A few reasons are: finite development resources and time, prioritizing player preferences, and limited corporate budgets.

As long as my house is a cozy yacht at the docks! Let me engineer the boat of my dreams, dang it!

1 Like

It is well known that Blizzard is a company who underpays most of its developers, because of the prestige it has.

But yes, they also are very stubborn and incompetent for developers, why else would they introduce a new system every expansion, only to throw away again. Not very efficient.

well i bet that creating a player housing system would likely cost blizzard alot of money, then not many people would engage with it so they have nothing to gain by adding it as well.

They already have so many assets for a possible player housing from WoD upwards, it’s insane that they are not used for the request.

Maybe its because then they would be EXACTLY like the rest of them. I get your take and saying youre not “for” it. I would have to say to anyone who genuinely WANTED the feature, prefers those games anyways.

didn’t everyone say they don’t like garrisons?

thats probably why… because people have said, “we dont like garrisons”

Blizzard’s idea of what people like or don’t is very limited and childish, because they don’t see the bigger picture here. Same goes for the horse-drama. Ever since then they are afraid to offer horse rewards, but they don’t understand why people were upset in the beginning.

The garrison was basically a place where you were on your own and could do gameplay features within there. What people simply want is an instanced room, where you can easily display a room of your own and invite people.

Honestly, this just points out a general flaw in the game’s design - it’s impossible to just have things to do for the simple sake of it’s fun to do, because if you aren’t actively progressing your player power then you’re permanently falling behind everyone else

I always assume that an algorithm tells them what will be most profitable. For whatever reason, that algorithm says that playing housing in WoW will not make them as much money as whatever else.

i have no idea what this is or was.

To have even the essence of a notion of the possibility that maybe a company is honest with it’s customers is wild.

Ok, which streamer starting this slew of housing topics?

Basically: The Horde got new mount-models during BfA, while the Alliance got overpriced horse and gryphon-mounts, which damaged the already paper-thin reputation of the faction into the ground and was the reason they got the bee-mount in the first place.

Both inGame and reddit agreed on the insanity Blizzard did and they were also forced to answer this question, only stating, that it made lore-wise sense to give the human factions in BfA horse mounts.

You can still find highly upvoted postings to this on reddit’s /wow

WOW can. It is a conscious choice not to.

but the thing is that blizzard was honest: they said they didn’t want to do player housing because it would take up too much time and resources.

I’m not sure getting out into the world has been a priority for awhile, at least until recently considering most everything is instanced content you can do while sitting in a city.