Why arent the unarmored mounts going to be available in vanilla. I am outraged....:(

Every time you post it’s complaining about something and insulting people. Do you ever have anything to say besides “legion baby?” Just because someone differs in opinion and argues it cause you to go into some kind of seething rage where you have to repeat the same thing you think is an insult.

They shouldn’t have invited these streamers to the beta then, 80% of them are speed leveling. Really that argument they used wass pulled from a very dark and stinky place.

3 Likes

We deserve a real classic experience add these classic mounts!

2 Likes

Add the mounts what it is wrong with this classic team? What a joke.

2 Likes

It is the new troll strategy. They get reactions, pure and simple.

1 Like

Who are all these classic players that get wound up over cosmetic junk?

1 Like

Cosmetic junk and raid tier gear all contributes to the exclusivity that makes WoW feel so BIG. Exclusivity isn’t fair, it’s not balanced, and it makes people feel left out, BUT, it is NECESSARY in creating a world that feels big and leaves something to work towards. If you want to see what WoW looks like when narrow the range between the elite and the casual go talk a walk around BFA. Everything you do has been de-valued because it is easier. If everyone has something special, it is no longer special.

3 Likes

Unarmored mounts don’t mean elite anything - its a paint job. If it went faster it would be worth getting.

1 Like

Going crazy over these mounts is as goofy as demanding transmog. As said, just cosmetic foofra.

1 Like

For anyone unaware I highly encourage you to check out the Unarmored Mounts Megathread on this issue. A change .org petition has recently started up on this issue and is at the top of the forum over there at the time of writing this there are currently 343 signatures.

Whatever form implementing the unarmored mounts in Classic takes I support, whether that be temporarily or permanent.

Obtaining 1 or more of these mounts in Classic was the first prestigious moment I wanted to experience, without them I have no incentive to begin playing at launch.

These mounts were originally in Vanillas history for about 5.5 months. The decision to not include these mounts is a slippery slope. What will happen to events that were in the game for shorter time spans with this mentality (AQ opening, AQ black bug mount, Scourge Invasion, etc)?

I feel the argument for it affecting players play-styles is not strong either. The honor ranking system is much more intensive of players to attain, and speed levelers will exist regardless. Speed levelers race to level cap for various reasons but one of them is to capitalize on gathering nodes and the economy, which I feel could be more impactful to players than including these mounts are. There is no way to stop speed leveling or tell players the play-styles they should and should not find fun.

Many argue this is how it was in 1.12 and while true the mounts did not exist in game at that time, we are also not receiving 1.12 at launch. Blizzard is time gating content, items, vendor tables, etc to recreate a progressive Vanilla experience. Why are these mounts the only thing being excluded from a progressive vendor table?

I think these mounts should be viewed as an exclusive event in Vanilla’s history much like the AQ opening event, and Scourge Invasion event and be offered in game for the players of that time to experience once again.

Make sure to spread awareness of this issue, many players do not know these mounts are being excluded from the game because the old riding system is being implemented. They should be informed before it is too late so they have an opportunity to voice their opinion.

3 Likes

the patch is 1.12

unarmored mounts were removed before then.

the only people i see crying about this are retail players who spend all their time chasing after pets, mounts and transmog.

classic is not for you.

2 Likes

I have spent almost a decade not playing WoW because I did not like the directions the Dev’s were taking the game in. (I am so out of touch with modern WoW I had to Google what a “Demon Hunter” class was). However I, like many other players, am planning to return to WoW after almost a decade of being gone. Why? Because I want to experience events and content I missed, or re-experience it like new again. Vanilla WoW was filled with one time only events that added a layer of prestige to the players of the game who were there at that time. These mounts are one of those events I was hoping to re-experience.

There is no denying it, in patch 1.12 the unarmored mounts were no longer available. And yes I do realize this is the patch Blizzard is basing their final content off of. But the important question to ask is, why are they basing their final content off of it? Well simply put it is because it is the point in Vanilla where most content was balanced because of multiple patches. They don’t want their player-base to experience all of the same bugs, exploits, etc between the beginning and end. Hence 1.12 talents, final versions of raids, BG’s, and so on.

With all that being said though, Blizzard has stated they want to give us as authentic of a Vanilla experience as they can from start to finish. Which is why they are time gating events, raids/dungeons, BG’s, items, vendor tables, etc. If they gave us access to full 1.12 at launch the content would be cleared and completed in probably 6 months time.

So the biggest flaws with claiming this is how it was in 1.12 are:

• We are not receiving 1.12 at launch in any way other than fixed/patched game mechanics that were broken in their previous 1.12 state (ex. talents, exploits, etc). (One could even further argue there are mechanics being added from content beyond 1.12 that also set the game in a state that will never be 1.12)
  • All items and vendor tables will be following a progressive schedule with the phase cycle. The only exception to this rule thus far has been these unarmored mounts.
  • The goal of Classic is not to provide the ultimate 1.12 simulator it is to recreate an authentic Vanilla experience from start to finish. These mounts were there at the start and people still had them at the finish.

Since these mounts never caused exploits or bugs, we are already receiving progressive items and vendor tables to mimic a patch schedule, and Blizzard claims they want to give us as authentic of a Vanilla experience as possible why are these mounts being excluded above all else?

4 Likes

This issue needs more awareness everyonei know os outraged about this inauthentic change

2 Likes

Blizzard hello??

2 Likes

Vote with your wallets.

1 Like

They’re not going into the game because:

• Vanilla Blizzard thought they didn’t belong in the game and replaced them for a reason. Activision 2019 Blizzard is just being consistent with Vanilla Blizzard.
  • Before 1.12 many things were added and removed from the game. Adding back in this one thing to 1.12 and not adding back in the other items or removing things that didn’t exist for a time would be unfair to the other players whose experiences were defined by those additions/subtractions.
  • It would not be authentically Vanilla, as this time around we would know long in advance they were being removed, so every player would have a choice on their hands they didn’t have to make in Vanilla. Do I level slowly or power level to get the mounts?
  • The reskin mounts require meta knowledge to know if someone is on an epic mount or not. If you don’t have a toon on the opposite faction, you’ll have to use wowhead to know which colors are epic and which aren’t. This is inconsistent with how armor telegraphs a persons abilities. A mount should telegraph as well.
  • They were originally removed because they were placeholders. Getting the epic should feel like an upgrade. Getting a recolor does not feel like an epic upgrade.
  • Being able to choose between the armored and non-armored was never an option in Vanilla. Forcing people to wait to get the real epic armored mounts would be incredibly unfair considering how important they are to gameplay. Adding them both would not be authentic.
2 Likes

I acknowledge and respect the community’s objection to the removal of unarmored mounts, and for that reason, I agree they should be in the game at launch. That said: Until today, I either completely forgot they existed or just never knew or cared. I started in ’05, I think around 1.8, and they were either unobtainable or they were by the time I hit 60, months later. I won’t personally miss them.

1 Like

I think if they’re not budging on older AV, they’re not budging on older mounts.

1 Like

I’d also like a response to why the megathread was deleted while we’re at it… Is this a taboo topic or something?

4 Likes

Stop with the excellent logic! I’d rather look at this as a disgusting slap in the face and threaten not playing.

2 Likes